Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Closed Thread

Captain
# 1251
12-14-2013, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by senselocke View Post
A big argument in defense of this nerf/change was that it will somehow reduce the cost of items, bring down inflation, etc.

This is demonstrably untrue.

When I quit playing, the really good Lock Box ships were 80-120 million EC. Master Keys were going for 1.8 million EC. That was with the Tour EC flowing in.

So, it's been five months since this nerf. You'd expect that, without all that extra EC incoming, the prices would have gone down. The cost of Lock Box ships now? 80-120 million EC. Master keys? 1.8 million EC.

The prices are exactly the same on the Exchange for a wide range of items now as they were months before the nerf
All this is pretty much true .
The only thing that has changed are the costs of the Powered Alien Artifact , but that is due to what gt seemingly replaced by "cheaper" fleet consoles , which if you're looking at the MkXII versions for a few toons , you'll find that they are not cheap at all ... , except before you could buy them with a lot of EC , and now you can buy them with a lot of Dil (converted to Fleet Marks) .

Sooo ... congratulations .
Cryptic's got you buying/needing more Dill then ever before .
That\s what you get from a company which cannot help but to double dip every time . Except that between the C-Store , lockboxes and the Dill drive , it's no longer a double dip but a triple dip .
I am losing STO with each new system based update and with each removal and editing of content .
I don't know how to save her from her systems obsessed masters who seek to control and monetize me more and more .

Last edited by aelfwin1; 12-14-2013 at 03:49 PM.
Commander
# 1252
12-28-2013, 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aelfwin1 View Post
All this is pretty much true .
The only thing that has changed are the costs of the Powered Alien Artifact , but that is due to what gt seemingly replaced by "cheaper" fleet consoles , which if you're looking at the MkXII versions for a few toons , you'll find that they are not cheap at all ... , except before you could buy them with a lot of EC , and now you can buy them with a lot of Dil (converted to Fleet Marks) .

Sooo ... congratulations .
Cryptic's got you buying/needing more Dill then ever before .
That\s what you get from a company which cannot help but to double dip every time . Except that between the C-Store , lockboxes and the Dill drive , it's no longer a double dip but a triple dip .
And now, to add insult to injury, users cannot quickly switch to a second or third toon without running the risk of introducing the all white/all black textures missing bug, making it impossible to do the tour without first closing the app and relaunching, nothing else fixes it!

Is anyone still running the tours these days?
Captain
# 1253
12-28-2013, 02:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradchristopher1 View Post
And now, to add insult to injury, users cannot quickly switch to a second or third toon without running the risk of introducing the all white/all black textures missing bug, making it impossible to do the tour without first closing the app and relaunching, nothing else fixes it!

Is anyone still running the tours these days?
Haven't touched it once since they stealth nerfed it.
Commander
# 1254
01-12-2014, 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vocmcp View Post
Haven't touched it once since they stealth nerfed it.
Looks like you get about 500k for the first toon to run the tour, 300k for the second, and about 1k for the third.

Captain
# 1255
01-12-2014, 02:31 AM
Quote:
Looks like you get about 500k for the first toon to run the tour, 300k for the second, and about 1k for the third.

??? Really? So if you do it on the third toon you only get 1k for the entire tour? wow.............
Empire Veteran
# 1256
01-12-2014, 05:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vocmcp View Post
??? Really? So if you do it on the third toon you only get 1k for the entire tour? wow.............
That can't be right, cany double-check?
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Commander
# 1257
01-12-2014, 01:04 PM
Quote:

I overestimated, it's 300k for the first toon, 100k for the second, and about 1-5k ec for the third, how dismally they nerfed the event
Lieutenant
# 1258
01-12-2014, 01:14 PM
That's patently untrue. I ran it twice on toons yesterday, got 350K or so each. I don't know where you're getting the 1K thing from, since you get 50K for clearing a sector - and it shows you in the loot list.

I still run it daily. It's an easy 350K for 15 minutes flying around.
Empire Veteran
# 1259
01-12-2014, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raphaeldisanto View Post
That's patently untrue. I ran it twice on toons yesterday, got 350K or so each. I don't know where you're getting the 1K thing from, since you get 50K for clearing a sector - and it shows you in the loot list.

Ah thank you.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Captain
# 1260
01-21-2014, 05:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raphaeldisanto View Post

Good to know thx! Albeit...... I used to do that 350k in 5 minutes easy......... :sadface:
Closed Thread