Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Closed Thread

Survivor of Romulus
# 1261
01-21-2014, 05:59 AM
I'm still running this after this 'fix', but what has me wondering now is what the implications of removing the hourly events calendar will be for this event.
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Lieutenant
# 1262
01-21-2014, 07:11 AM
Pathetic part is if you have enough Lvl 50 characters, each with Borg engines and high DC, you can still do the partial with each one and make the same amount of money.

But Diplomatic Immunity and Raiding Party are impossible to get now. I used to pick them up on low-level alts to access KDF Exploration Clusters, now no one's around to grant either.

What do you mean "get rid of the hourly event calendar"? Is that going away?

Is there another non-combat chill-and-relaxing way to earn EC? Because getting 1st in certain PvE queues is tedious (get carrier, use Grav Well + Torp Spam, hope someone else isn't doing the same, hope to get good loot, repeat) and Exchange-grinding Doffs sounds like the worst kind of job ever.

I've been playing the game a lot in the last month--I've earned a whopping total of 6 mil EC. Meaning... well, I'll simply never buy anything amazing with EC again.
Survivor of Romulus
# 1263
01-21-2014, 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by senselocke View Post
Here you go:

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1079141
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Captain
# 1264
01-21-2014, 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradchristopher1 View Post
Looks like you get about 500k for the first toon to run the tour, 300k for the second, and about 1k for the third.

What???? I did this event a couple of times. In the first time about 2 months ago, i got about 35k EC (i thought by myself, this must be a joke), and in the second one, i received 70k. I definitely stop doing this stupid and useless event ages ago.

So, what is needed to do to receive 300k or more??? because of course, 35k or 70k is just a waste of time. I imagined that a minimum of 150k should be rewarded no matter what. Less than that is just to waste time in this event.

Picard: "The economics of the future is somewhat different. You see, money doesn't exist in the 24th century... The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in our lives. We work to better ourselves and the rest of Humanity."
/ Tell that to the Ferengi Cryptic's Manager..
Lieutenant
# 1265
01-21-2014, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
...huh.

Y'know, I think I actually read that page already, and didn't notice that. I really dislike "themed weekends" instead of rotations, but I do like things being dailies on my own time schedule.

I kinda okay with all of them just becaming dailies, and Event Weekends would be something uber-special/different.

How the heck are Bonus Marks going to work?

BTW, thank you for the link.

Last edited by senselocke; 01-21-2014 at 10:29 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 1266
01-21-2014, 08:21 AM
"It's working as intended" - Cryptic Studios
Empire Veteran
# 1267
01-21-2014, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by senselocke View Post
Pathetic part is if you have enough Lvl 50 characters, each with Borg engines and high DC, you can still do the partial with each one and make the same amount of money.

But Diplomatic Immunity and Raiding Party are impossible to get now. I used to pick them up on low-level alts to access KDF Exploration Clusters, now no one's around to grant either.

Is there another non-combat chill-and-relaxing way to earn EC? Because getting 1st in certain PvE queues is tedious (get carrier, use Grav Well + Torp Spam, hope someone else isn't doing the same, hope to get good loot, repeat) and Exchange-grinding Doffs sounds like the worst kind of job ever.

I've been playing the game a lot in the last month--I've earned a whopping total of 6 mil EC. Meaning... well, I'll simply never buy anything amazing with EC again.
Make a ton of KDF characters and farm contraband. I bring in 3-5m at least every couple of days with just 3 characters. Even more if I get a lot of critical successes.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Captain
# 1268
01-21-2014, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkrik23 View Post
Make a ton of KDF characters and farm contraband. I bring in 3-5m at least every couple of days with just 3 characters. Even more if I get a lot of critical successes.
Contraband is selling now around 40K so I don't see how you can make 3-5 millions every couple of day
Captain
# 1269
01-21-2014, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kantazo1 View Post
Contraband is selling now around 40K so I don't see how you can make 3-5 millions every couple of day
Making 3-5 million every couple of days is super easy even on the Fed side (not with contraband of course).
Lieutenant
# 1270
01-21-2014, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucho80 View Post
Making 3-5 million every couple of days is super easy even on the Fed side (not with contraband of course).
...how? No, seriously, how?

The only other alternative I've found is "Play PvEs, get 1st, hope to get good loot, sell good loot". Which means you are directly competing with 5/10/20 other people.

Another option was playing the Doff Exchange, which... really has no appeal for me, and is not "playing" as I see it.

What are the alternatives? I sincerely don't know them. It would be nice to get the $$ for Keys, as I'm just short of upgrading my Jem'Hadar set and I'd rather save my Zen for something cool.

If you have links or ideas, I'd love to learn them!

===post above is by senselocke===

EDIT: This thread is pretty old now. If you'd like to continue discussing this event, please start a new thread in this subforum: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/fo...play.php?f=122 -Brandon

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 01-22-2014 at 02:43 PM.
Closed Thread