Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Closed Thread

Career Officer
# 511
07-26-2013, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xepthri View Post
Well, if the exploit is as you say, then indeed all they want us to do is to start buying ZEN.
Continue this way and you won't be gaining my support Cryptic, sooner or later, I am gonna up and leave.
And while this is my first post, I have been lurking on the boards quite a bit.
if you are opposed to buying zen then really what support are you giving them in the first place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xepthri View Post
but rather just another way to try to force F2Ps to make their first real money investment in the game.
As for this Personally i think they are way to generous with ftp players .

Helping people Globally Discover the Freedom of Self Employment
Click to see the full size picture an my first attempt at writing STO Fan Fiction

Last edited by novablastmkg; 07-26-2013 at 11:07 PM.
Ensign
# 512
07-26-2013, 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Hi Captains,

An update -- the change was unfortunately missing from Tribble and Holodeck patch notes. I've added it to yesterday's Holodeck patch notes now. We apologize that it was missing.

Please keep feedback constructive in this thread so that I may pass it along for consideration.

EDIT: It was changed to close an exploit, but we will still consider your constructive feedback.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon,

You've asked for constructive feedback, so I'll try to limit my response to that.

Like many of my fellow players, I'm very upset about the nerfing of Tour the Galaxy (TTG). I know the devs don't exactly have an easy job and work hard to strike the right balance in game. Keeping that in mind, the following are appropriate questions to ask:

(1) Was the TTG event, as it was previously structured, detrimental to the in-game economy or to the players? If everyone had equal access and opportunity to the rewards that the event offered (which they did), one has to wonder who lost out.

(2) Was the TTG event, as it was previously structured, detrimental to Cryptic's bottom line? I understand that you're running a business and must keep cash flows in mind. However, I don't see the connection between Energy Credits and the items that players purchase with their real money. I don't see how Cryptic's business model was compromised by this event. If I have that wrong, I stand corrected!

(3) Would the in-game economy, the players, or Cryptic's business model be negatively affected if TTG were restored to its original structure?

If the answer to all the above questions is "No," or even a tepid "perhaps not," a reasonable argument could be made that there's no good reason NOT to restore TTG to its former structure. To the contrary, Cryptic would win the gratitude and relief of many of its most ardent and loyal customers.
Lieutenant
# 513
07-27-2013, 01:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corey558 View Post
Brandon,

You've asked for constructive feedback, so I'll try to limit my response to that.

Like many of my fellow players, I'm very upset about the nerfing of Tour the Galaxy (TTG). I know the devs don't exactly have an easy job and work hard to strike the right balance in game. Keeping that in mind, the following are appropriate questions to ask:

(1) Was the TTG event, as it was previously structured, detrimental to the in-game economy or to the players? If everyone had equal access and opportunity to the rewards that the event offered (which they did), one has to wonder who lost out.

(2) Was the TTG event, as it was previously structured, detrimental to Cryptic's bottom line? I understand that you're running a business and must keep cash flows in mind. However, I don't see the connection between Energy Credits and the items that players purchase with their real money. I don't see how Cryptic's business model was compromised by this event. If I have that wrong, I stand corrected!

(3) Would the in-game economy, the players, or Cryptic's business model be negatively affected if TTG were restored to its original structure?

If the answer to all the above questions is "No," or even a tepid "perhaps not," a reasonable argument could be made that there's no good reason NOT to restore TTG to its former structure. To the contrary, Cryptic would win the gratitude and relief of many of its most ardent and loyal customers.
Very well put you've hit the nail right on the head I just hope they been reading all 51 pages of this and see there are more against this revamp than for it

Last edited by cyberdeath666; 07-27-2013 at 01:16 AM.
Commander
# 514
07-27-2013, 01:23 AM
As a player who has never run the tour and who has gotten by with EC since release of the game. I can say that this is NOT needed by players.

Players who relied on this tour need to suck it up and adapt their play style by actually, I dunno, doing missions and getting drops...

I honestly cannot wait until prices on the exchange drop due to this change, which I hope that they will.
Lieutenant
# 515
07-27-2013, 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedumb4eva View Post
As a player who has never run the tour and who has gotten by with EC since release of the game. I can say that this is NOT needed by players.

Players who relied on this tour need to suck it up and adapt their play style by actually, I dunno, doing missions and getting drops...

I honestly cannot wait until prices on the exchange drop due to this change, which I hope that they will.
I think your so wrong with what you said its not always about EC people can find friends, fleet's and have a 1 on 1 race with other's as its an event that all can do as a group from level 1 to 50 the loss on the event as we all knew it is a massive upset to a lot of captain's in game and its small minded people like you who ''have never run the tour'' that think they know best well sorry but you don't run the tour then chime in

Last edited by cyberdeath666; 07-27-2013 at 01:40 AM.
Ensign
# 516 $
07-27-2013, 01:59 AM
1) The majority of people claiming to know economics need to lose the ego, as veteran players of this game have been able to farm this event for years. Should the economy of the game be affected, prices will drop allowing older players with higher EC values to reap possibly the largest benefit... as opposed to a newer player who was hoping to earn his way to a ship within the next lifetime. Now, before you all start quoting and rating like the troll farmers you are.... all I'm saying is... There are always extraneous variables we small minded humans can't account for. For those claiming to know economics... From where did you learn? A school in a country where the economy is quickly going to the dumpster, gg. ...No one knows anything, you'll agree once you're wise, there are always too many small variables at play.

2) I'm not advocating one way or the other, given the profit ratio of tour, it was somewhat out of line with the rest of the game.....However, In my mentality, players from the past were awarded it... as soon as I see the light of day for purchasing a new ship I wanted... it was nerfed. ## 0.o ====\\" BANG

3) Cryptic doesn't care, 2.8'ish million when meta'gamed was 2x lockbox keys players who ran tour could purchase without paying the cash cow.

4) I'll now be running Tour the Universe in Star Citizen now that I see the PvP ship I really wanted is out or reach for the new player that I am.
Ensign
# 517
07-27-2013, 02:00 AM
I am not opposed to buying zen.
I am opposed to the idea of tweaking the game to make it such that people feel almost no choice but to buy zen.
And I may have bought zen, I was quite close to doing so to get myself a birthday present recently... even thought of being a lifer.
Now my inclination has reduced again.

And I hear that the p2p is glitched too, people not getting stipends and all that.
Survivor of Romulus
# 518
07-27-2013, 02:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedumb4eva View Post

Well yeah, i was 95% of the time unable to do the tour, so for me it's not the actual tour-nerf which was so irritating.

It was once again the way they did it, which pissed people off. Now, my question to you is; how would you feel if they nerf one of the EC-sources you are depending on? And more specifically, without letting you know. Now they've nerfed this, what will be next?
^^ I am Stoutes, and I approve of my message ^^
Lt. Commander
# 519
07-27-2013, 02:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoutes View Post
Well yeah, i was 95% of the time unable to do the tour, so for me it's not the actual tour-nerf which was so irritating.

It was once again the way they did it, which pissed people off. Now, my question to you is; how would you feel if they nerf one of the EC-sources you are depending on? And more specifically, without letting you know. Now they've nerfed this, what will be next?
You know the answer to that question as well as anyone, sir. They'll come here. They'll gripe and whine about it, like we're doing now. Some people will be sympathetic, some people will remember this little altercation we're having now and say "suck it up, you self righteous prick" (not me, of course, i'm far too polite).

All the while Cryptic will say "oops", then clam up and ignore the rage, because - and let's be honest here, from 1 to 10, how much do they really care what we say.

Then we'll go back to the game and play it. Or we'll not.

Whatever happens, though, the one thing we have for granted, is next time they pull this crap, a giant meteor will rip down from the skies in agony and kill us all. You know it will.
Captain
# 520
07-27-2013, 02:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corey558 View Post

Yes.

/thread
Closed Thread