Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Closed Thread

Lieutenant
# 51
07-25-2013, 06:09 PM
To be honest I never saw the appeal in Tour the Universe to make EC, especially not for new players which are stuck with a slow ship more so since theres no easy way to get the borg or the maco warpdrive.

If you do a space foundry mission you mostly get more EC if you sell the drops your showered with especially if its stuff like space shields, deflectors, engines or warpcores which drop alot at the moment in space foundry missions.

Even if it isn't foundry hour you usally get more EC from selling foundrymission drops than from TtU.
Yes, you have to kill stuff but it isn't as boring as just flying around.

Last edited by titus1608; 07-25-2013 at 06:13 PM.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 52
07-25-2013, 06:10 PM
Hi Captains,

An update -- the change was unfortunately missing from Tribble and Holodeck patch notes. I've added it to yesterday's Holodeck patch notes now. We apologize that it was missing.

Please keep feedback constructive in this thread so that I may pass it along for consideration.

EDIT: It was changed to close an exploit, but we will still consider your constructive feedback.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 07-25-2013 at 06:12 PM.
Commander
# 53
07-25-2013, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by entnx01 View Post
There's an exploit to get more ECs running shorter routes, dropping the mission, getting the mission, and repeating it.

Perhaps Cryptic finally got around to closing the exploit by putting a once-per-event cd on it.
I keep on being more satisfied by this nerf.
Captain
# 54
07-25-2013, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by entnx01 View Post
There's an exploit to get more ECs running shorter routes, dropping the mission, getting the mission, and repeating it.

Perhaps Cryptic finally got around to closing the exploit by putting a once-per-event cd on it.
Why do people always go for the 'E' word?

It wasn't an exploit - just a piece of poor design.

That said, the name of the event is "Tour the Galaxy", not "Tour the Same Four Sectors Repeatedly." Clearly, people were doing things in a way contrary to design and Cryptic decided to change it.
Republic Veteran
# 55
07-25-2013, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Hi Captains,

An update -- the change was unfortunately missing from Tribble and Holodeck patch notes. I've added it to yesterday's Holodeck patch notes now. We apologize that it was missing.

Please keep feedback constructive in this thread so that I may pass it along for consideration.

EDIT: It was changed to close an exploit, but we will still consider your constructive feedback.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Well Rest in Piece one of the better events in this game.

You know there are far better EC exploits in this game, so why this one?

And why not just fix the mission to only allow full tours to give rewards?

Empire Veteran
# 56
07-25-2013, 06:15 PM
Quote:
It was changed to close an exploit
Quote:
Originally Posted by elessym View Post
Why do people always go for the 'E' word?
Perhaps because it applies?
STO would have been better as a Stargate MMO than it is as Star Trek. Go figure.

~Karona@Sobekeus
Jem'Hadar Dreadnought Carrier Exterminatus
Commander
# 57
07-25-2013, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeybacon90 View Post
Well Rest in Piece one of the better events in this game.

You know there are far better EC exploits in this game, so why this one?

And why not just fix the mission to only allow full tours to give rewards?
Better events? What makes this event so, "Oooh and Ahhh," worthy? Flying around in sector space... you can still do that but you don't get a ridiculous amount of EC for doing it.
Lieutenant
# 58
07-25-2013, 06:17 PM
You're looking about this the wrong way.

At the moment, there are only two ways to generate respectable amount Energy Credits from the system, to put into the in-game economy.

1) Loot Drops being sold to NPC Vendors
2) Tour The Universe.

Other sources are not at all efficient, or depend on the exchange.

Now that this Nerf has happened, there is going to be less Energy Credits in the in-game economy. Thus causing the exchange prices fall, and effectively crashing the player market.

Welcome to Black Thursday Peeps...
Ensign
# 59
I would be ok with the change if I didn't spend actual money on ships to maximize my Tour performance. What about the "Exploit" of me, because now I have useless ships in my inventory. Oh well, I guess I'll just spend more money to get more ships that will be useless without notice.
Career Officer
# 60
Quote:
Hi Captains,

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Why not add a 15 minute cool down, instead of a 4 hour one? I mean there were legitimate ways to do four runs in an hour, using Borg engines and QSD running the full route you could do it four times... I don't see the need for this 4 hour cool down, it's just going to p*ss off a lot of players.

15 minutes would stop the people who were doing one or two blocks then dropping it, but still allow the people who were not cheating to do it more than once. I enjoyed my little hour long tour through sector space, listening to music, setting up DOFF missions.

Though to be fair, the people who were cheating through it probably also have a lot of alts, so this isn't even going to affect them. It's only really going to hurt the people who were doing it legitimately.
Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since Beta.
Problem with your power tray? Try this, it worked for several of my characters.
Click for Stats

Last edited by khamseenair; 07-25-2013 at 06:22 PM.
Closed Thread