Captain
# 1 Valdore console
07-26-2013, 12:16 AM
I've heard good reports about the [Console - Universal - Shield Absorptive Frequency Generator

Is the console worth getting?

Is it op and going/needs to be nerfed or is it balanced

Any help much appreciated thanks
----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====----
Career Officer
# 2
07-26-2013, 12:31 AM
its a good console been using it with my scimitar

as far as it being op not sure
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
It's not their fault you feel trolled by the new ability to be immune to your disco ball, sorry'boutit.
Commander
# 3
07-26-2013, 03:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustafatennick View Post
I've heard good reports about the [Console - Universal - Shield Absorptive Frequency Generator
Is the console worth getting?
i'd say yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustafatennick View Post
Is it op and going/needs to be nerfed or is it balanced
it was indeed bugged and caused way more healing then intended. got fixed.

btw 2 console set along with mogai gives very nice combination and a fleet mogai doesn't require tier 5 base.
Captain
# 4
07-26-2013, 04:26 AM
Thanks for cleaning that up for me and the tips

To be honest i plan on using it to try and get my scimi to survive longer as I am having problems with that

I'm not normally one for buying a ship then addin uni consoles everywhere

I fell in love with the scimi from launch its just a shame that I have to blow even more of my hat earned dilithium to get it to survive a sphere bit of a joke really at ?40 cash buy its horrendous
----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====----
Career Officer
# 5
07-26-2013, 06:45 AM
it's still incredibly good after being fixed. Lots of people call it a nerf but it was a fix.

It's suppose to give you 200% of your damage. so the example the devs gave for the bug is that sometimes instead of healing you say 4000 which would of been 200%, it heals 40,000.

Now it works as it's suppose to. still procs a lot and IMO is a must have console on any romulan ship. it procs enough that you can usually get away with just using it for all your shield healing, though i still recommend having a shield heal power somewhere.

On the scimitar it's also a great console no matter what weapons you use as it will help keep your shields up. It does not effect secondary shields though for obvious reasons but will restore your primary shields while secondary shields are up.

ACCESS DENIED
U.S.S. Gipsy Danger | U.S.S. Gunstar | U.S.S. Oswin
R.R.W. Coronatus | R.R.W. Valar Morghulis
Career Officer
# 6
07-26-2013, 08:55 AM
I haven't finished speccing my Romulan vet ship yet, but my idea is to forgo the RSP I use on the Fed and KDF ones, and instead depend on the Valdore console for shield healing. I can then throw a ET3 in that slot for much need quick hull healing. Using the Valdore console and Plasmonic Leech makes it important that you keep firing, discouraging typical Romulan hit & run tactics though.
Survivor of Remus
# 7
07-26-2013, 09:09 AM
I'd say it's still a must-have console. I use it on my scimitar with shield repair drones, and the combination is so good that I don't use EPtS or TSS at all. The only shield related abilities I do have is RSP for when I'm under serious pounding.

Although, one thing I will say is this - It's ideally built for a cannon loadout, where you have a large quantity of shots. In this light, dual cannons are more likely to keep you alive than dual heavy cannons will.
Career Officer
# 8
07-26-2013, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwave85 View Post
I haven't finished speccing my Romulan vet ship yet, but my idea is to forgo the RSP I use on the Fed and KDF ones, and instead depend on the Valdore console for shield healing. I can then throw a ET3 in that slot for much need quick hull healing. Using the Valdore console and Plasmonic Leech makes it important that you keep firing, discouraging typical Romulan hit & run tactics though.
I dissagree. Even with the valdore and leech consoles you can still hit & run though obviously you lose a bit of power.

personally i still cloak as much as possible, especially with the scimitar since it boosts me up to about an almost 30 turn rate, and decloaking gets me 15 seconds of +25% damage thanks to a superior infiltrator.

ACCESS DENIED
U.S.S. Gipsy Danger | U.S.S. Gunstar | U.S.S. Oswin
R.R.W. Coronatus | R.R.W. Valar Morghulis
Captain
# 9
07-26-2013, 03:09 PM
Does anyone know if the proc is per hit or per volley?
Survivor of Remus
# 10
07-26-2013, 03:36 PM
It's per shot, so dual cannons have more chance of healing you than dual heavy cannons do.