Ensign
# 1 Weapon and other sounds stop
07-20-2013, 08:28 AM
Hello,

I searched google and these forums and was unable to find an answer.

Whenever I am in a large fleet battle, whether it be an STF, or mission (sometimes ground missions) all weapon and ship sounds stop.

After the mission is over, the sounds continue to not work until I close my client and log back in.

I have checked my drivers and they are up to date. I am using a headset with surround sound, so I do not know if that is the issue. It is getting annoying to have to close out of the client and launch it again after every fleet defense, or devil's choice mission ect.

I do not have any graphical issues whatsoever, weapons keep firing, ships explode, however no sound for any of it. I would understand if during the fight it might not be able to handle all the sounds, however after I would think it would revert to normal again.

I have Nvidia High Definitions Audio Drivers and Sennheiser 3D game headset drivers for surround sound.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You.
Captain
# 2
07-20-2013, 10:18 PM
I've had a similar issue for a while, using a realtek sound card (built-in to my laptop, without using surround, so definately not a card/surround issue, specifically.

butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
Temperance Brennan, "A building"
Captain
# 3
07-24-2013, 07:55 AM
Most likely poor sound quality programming.
[Combat (Self)] Your Lunge deals 3252 (1916) Physical Damage(Critical) to Heavy Tactical Drone.
If you have come to the forums, to complain about the AFK penalty, than it is WAI.
MACO/OMEGA/KHG Accolade Bug Link
Praetor of The Romulan Tal Shiar fleet
Captain
# 4
07-24-2013, 11:31 AM
Its caused by an overflow in the sound buffer, due to the limitations of the game engine.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-24-2013, 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by burstdragon323 View Post
Its caused by an overflow in the sound buffer, due to the limitations of the game engine.
No this is something new within the last month or less that I have myself noticed happening more and more often, how ever in my case the sound just gets softer and softer, and in order to reset it I have to relog, I never had this issue till recently.
Captain
# 6
07-25-2013, 08:57 AM
No, then you have a different issue than I do, mine don't get softer, they just stop after a point, usually happens in either crowded ground maps, after about 2-3 minutes of fighting, or in space maps, like ISE or Khitomer Vortex, after about 10-15 minutes, sometimes as early as 5 minutes.

butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
Temperance Brennan, "A building"