Commander
# 21
07-29-2013, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
These Doomy McDoomdoom threads are, not just a dead horse, but a horse that rose as a demon-zombie horse, did battle with Bruce Campbell, and was subsequently buried in bags full of horse bits. Sheesh.

You don't need fleet stuff. Its nice, its shiny, its a percent or two better, but it isn't world changing. If you can't afford the project, don't worry about it. This game ran 5 seasons without starbases just fine. Most important about a fleet is working with people you like playing with. A good crew is worth a heck of a lot more than an extra [acc] modifier, and if my choice was a fleet full of jackasses with all the toys in the world, and a fleet of genuinely good people that were broke, I'm signing up for poverty. And if you just want to work alone, there is plenty of high-end hardware available in the the rep system and as lockbox stuff on the Exchange. And if you really HAVE to have a T5 ship, there are groups that sell access for prices that, while not exactly cheap, are certainly cheaper than building a T5 base yourself.

Heck if you MUST have a starbase, T2 provides all the Advanced stuff which covers most 'requirements,' and you can take pride in the fact that your gear is truly YOURS. Enough with the complaining though that 5 people can't afford the high-end facilities though. Thats how the world tends to work, its a choice we all have to make, and its really old news.
I like your thinkin' mate. I want you in our fleet! Any chance you'd be interested in joining our fun loving group of long haul wheelers???
Commander
# 22
07-29-2013, 12:48 PM
My small fleet does very well for our size. ( level 13 starbase )

All projects usually get finished within 24-48 hours.

600 Doffs for T2 Mine? EASY

If youre in a small fleet you should have MILLIONS of fleet marks.. I bought 600 common fleet duty officer boxes the other day and filled mine up alone! A measly 300k fleet credits.. not to mention you get like 350 per doff donated.. ( approx ) so I spent all of 90k, out of my .. literally... 7,500,000 fleet credits.

Lol.

Last edited by urniv821; 07-29-2013 at 01:16 PM.
Captain
# 23
07-29-2013, 02:50 PM
If you need to buy any gear or equipment for free(your own provisions of course) I can invite you to a base that is T4 - embassy T2

you can mail me.

If you want a fleet ship I can add you temp to the base and you can make a small dilithium donation just to cover the provision

Last edited by newromulan1; 07-29-2013 at 02:58 PM.
Captain
# 24
07-29-2013, 03:25 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek

butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
Temperance Brennan, "A building"

Last edited by bluegeek; 07-30-2013 at 08:44 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 25
07-30-2013, 01:03 PM
After a few days of being STO free, and I cant say I missed the grind, I feel a little more positive about taking the fleet onwards (at least to T3).

Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
You don't need fleet stuff. Its nice, its shiny, its a percent or two better, but it isn't world changing.
I agree, but that is not the reason we started.

Building the starbase was something to do to keep us playing because we were bored of everything else (OK, my top 2 toons with have a copy of everything shiny, but then I would be daft not to).

I am still annoyed with Cryptic, but more with the stupid requirements to buy tens of thousands of items (mostly) one at a time (and I dont care if it is 1000 people wasting a hour each, or one person wasting 1000 hours, it is still a ridiculous time waster).

The cost does exclude small fleets from getting very far (and if I had a clever solution to that I would have posted it long ago), that is a shame for all of us (and please dont bother to flame me just because your fleet is larger than mine), because apart from PvP we are all on the same side.

What I have notice, is that getting to this point, and posting about it, brings out the best (and sometimes not so best) in people, one guy (wish I'd noted down your name), e-mailed me 250 Replicators, to help us along. And thank you also to all who have offered access to SBs and mines, again, it encourages me and the others to keep going.

The "Geriatric Infantry" is open for business - anyone got any Fleet Marks they dont need?
"He tasks me. He tasks me, and I shall have him. For every doff box bought, I'll chase him round the Moons of Nibia and round the Antares Maelstrom and round Perdition's flames. For every single doff box opened, I stab at thee from hell's heart. For every single doff contributed, I spit my last breath at thee..." Khan Playing STO
Survivor of Romulus
# 26
07-30-2013, 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by humblesheep View Post
The "Geriatric Infantry" is open for business - anyone got any Fleet Marks they dont need?
I've got fleet marks, but I need 'em
Career Officer
# 27
07-31-2013, 12:48 AM
Don't be silly...

I lead a fleet that goes between 5 and 25 players at any given time, and we are half way through T3.

Sure it aint always easy, but proper leadership and motivation gets you extremely far.

As fleet leader, your job is to make the grind fun.

////

Btw, there is no Season 8.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Lt. Commander
# 28
07-31-2013, 06:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Don't be silly...

I lead a fleet that goes between 5 and 25 players at any given time, and we are half way through T3.
Dude, we have 3 and 2 are casual!
(think I should have said RIP Micro-Fleet)

Quote:
As fleet leader, your job is to make the grind fun.
OK, but first I have to convince myself!

Quote:
Had not spotted that, but its a bit like Intel calling the 586 a Pentium (for those of us old enough to remember).

But seriously, since starting all of this I hardly ever actually play the game, everything I need comes from doff missions (and with 12 toons (with lots of purples) I do get FMs faster by doffing than by playing - btw we only play space missions as there are much better ground games out there).

95 percent of our fleet is entirly bankrolled by not actually playing - how dumb is that?
"He tasks me. He tasks me, and I shall have him. For every doff box bought, I'll chase him round the Moons of Nibia and round the Antares Maelstrom and round Perdition's flames. For every single doff box opened, I stab at thee from hell's heart. For every single doff contributed, I spit my last breath at thee..." Khan Playing STO
Captain
# 29
07-31-2013, 07:45 AM
Quote:
The latest State of the Game labels the next Season coming out this year to be Season 8.
Career Officer
# 30
07-31-2013, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canis36 View Post
I'm gonna be real honest with you here (and yes, I'm talking down to you) - the size of the dil requirements? Those are balanced to encourage people in Cryptic's definition of a small fleet (25-30 active members) to buy zen and trade it for dilithium without discouraging them and making them feel as if they have to convert zen to dilithium.

That's not punishing anybody, that's just business.
No one said otherwise. Cryptic's idea of what a small fleet is does not encompass everyone though. There are a great many small fleets out there with less than 20 members.
Captain Kirk is climbing a mountain. Why is he climbing a mountain? Is he learning to fly?
Closed Thread