Captain
# 11
07-29-2013, 08:02 PM
I've confirmed that Cast is right about copying an existing object, pasting it, and then changing what it is to add something new to the map. It doesn't create the loading screens. So, that is good to know. If anyone needs to add something new to their map, try doing that instead of restarting the Foundry.
Career Officer
# 12
08-19-2013, 06:59 PM
currently, I can refute his "work-around". I still get long load times (at least nine minutes), even though I didn't add anything; I was simply adjusting the coordinates of the objects that were already there.
Captain
# 13
08-19-2013, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypse2001 View Post
currently, I can refute his "work-around". I still get long load times (at least nine minutes), even though I didn't add anything; I was simply adjusting the coordinates of the objects that were already there.
Was this after you had added something from the sidebar? Once you get the long load times, you are stuck with them. You have to restart the Foundry.
Rihannsu
# 14
08-19-2013, 07:07 PM
I've recently come to the conclusion that creating(or copying) costumes might cause this too.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 15
08-19-2013, 07:29 PM
double clicking on items in the detail browser (when you open it from a current object) will mess it up too

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Career Officer
# 16
08-19-2013, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypse2001 View Post
Sorry to hear that this is not working for you, man.
Following these steps has led me to have no more than 30 seconds load time on preview maps. However , if I forget after I added something / anything from that danged sidebar , back to the long loads. I just now make that sidebar disappear once a map is built with 1 of each kind of object on it.
Career Officer
# 17
08-19-2013, 08:17 PM
Be warned that for some reason, once you've reskinned the actors in a mob, the Foundry editor won't let you make copies of it. Unfortunately you'll have to make as many copies of a mob as you'll need, and then reskin all the actors in all the copies, one by one.

I'm not sure if any other changes to a mob's default settings will prevent you from copying it, but I know reskinning definitely does.
Career Officer
# 18
08-19-2013, 08:54 PM
After Drogyen told me of this problem, I suspect you don't even need to pull any object from the library to run into this long-load issue. I was just messing around in the costume editor and the load times in the preview was five minutes long.

Honestly, I'm surprised Cryptic has let this serious issue go so long without being fixed. I know Frost was away, but surely this could've been sent to someone. How can they keep hyping the Foundry, and not take good care of it?
Career Officer
# 19
08-19-2013, 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post

Honestly, I'm surprised Cryptic has let this serious issue go so long without being fixed. I know Frost was away, but surely this could've been sent to someone. How can they keep hyping the Foundry, and not take good care of it?
CrypticFrost is only a QA guy, he doesn't fix things. Once it's reported it is out of his hands.

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Career Officer
# 20
08-19-2013, 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
After Drogyen told me of this problem, I suspect you don't even need to pull any object from the library to run into this long-load issue. I was just messing around in the costume editor and the load times in the preview was five minutes long.

exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
Was this after you had added something from the sidebar? Once you get the long load times, you are stuck with them. You have to restart the Foundry.
I didn't add anything from the side-bar. I only adjusted coordinates of objects that were already there. (Only three objects were on the map, and I adjusted the general position, and coordinates of two of those objects. Nothing was added or subtracted).