Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
# 31
07-28-2013, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
Personally, that's along the lines of how I use them.

GW's offense.
SJ's defense.
I'm just waiting for a Romulan Sci ship with Cmdr Sci and LtC Eng.

GW 3 + EWP run over your target, with an SJ right as you pass over them to make sure they're all kinds of screwed.

And if you're extra evil, throw some Theta on top of it.
The first we heard of getting new PvP maps "soon" was in August of 2010. We're consistently told something will be coming with the "next" update. Absolutely nothing has come to PvP since launch.

I think it's finally time Cryptic stopped stringing us along, don't you?
Captain
# 32
07-28-2013, 07:00 PM
I really despise the Singularity Jump, largely because it completely ignores any holds on you, along with the perception debuff making it hard to see where the heck they went. It's a spammable getaway button for Romulans. . .as if their having battlecloaks with high hull strength weren't enough for that.
tIqIpqu' 'ej nom tIqIp
Captain
# 33
07-28-2013, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by praxi5 View Post
I'm just waiting for a Romulan Sci ship with Cmdr Sci and LtC Eng.

GW 3 + EWP run over your target, with an SJ right as you pass over them to make sure they're all kinds of screwed.

And if you're extra evil, throw some Theta on top of it.
Thinking about it, I have used it offensively as well. There's a +5% Exotic DOFF after the use of a Singularity ability.

So somebody's running away, you've already got a 3stack of CoE or their turrets will provide that 3stack as they're running. You SJ to get closer (and get the +Exotic). Decloak. TBR. Odds are they're sporting APO, so they may not even notice the TBR since it's not pushing them. Since they're intent upon running, they're not likely to try to shake you - since that might allow somebody else to catch up. If they try to EM/EPtE - you just SNB it.
Captain
# 34
07-28-2013, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timezarg View Post
I really despise the Singularity Jump, largely because it completely ignores any holds on you, along with the perception debuff making it hard to see where the heck they went. It's a spammable getaway button for Romulans. . .as if their having battlecloaks with high hull strength weren't enough for that.
It's not really spammable. Sure, the T'varo console allows you to reset the CD - but then you'll have one more, because then the console and SJ will both be on CD. Even then, you still need to build up enough charge to hit the SJ1 - which is not as good as a SJ2 or SJ3, etc.

If somebody manages to get a tractor on when I blip, it's not my first thing to try. APO1, PH1, EPtE1, EM, even TBR for a little space can help...he'll eventually have Sensor Targeting Assault and Quantum Singularity Manipulation as well.

Heck, my guy in a Chel if somebody gets a tractor on him - APO3, APO1, PH1, Eng Batt, EM, STA procs, QSM.

SJ's been more of a "Hey, where'd my APO or PH go? Pesky Sci and their SNB, I'm out of here!" than just a lolTractor response. (It's funny too, since my Reman's a Sci - heh, complaining about SNB...ahem.)
Career Officer
# 35
07-28-2013, 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by praxi5 View Post
P2W aside, Singularity Jump has 5 components to it
  1. 5KM Jump
  2. Accuracy Debuff
  3. Damage Debuff
  4. AoE Damage
  5. AoE Snare

It outclasses GW in every way and is 'free' on all Romulan ships, whereas GW costs LtC or Cmdr slots on others.

To play Devil's advocate a bit.

1. You have to physically use your ship to place it vs. GW having 10km range. Some ships can mitigate this easily, others not so much. So this can sometimes hinder with positioning.
2. It drains your singularity charge, which also generally drains bonus subsystem power from singularity cores (which only get bonus power scaling with amount of singularity charge - unlike M/AM which simply get a flat power bonus).
3. You "paid" -40 subsytem power to your ship for this. Yes, you can mitigate it, no you will still not have as much as a M/AM Warp Core ship.

Not saying it doesn't have some distinct advantages though.

Rihannsu
# 36
07-29-2013, 03:07 AM
Not sure if anyone checked into this on their own or not, or if it was mentioned, but Gravity Well 3 has more -Repel but not by much. Because singularity jump's Grav Well is a Grav well 1. Was doing tests on Grav well 1's Pull, and they are the same.

With the Gear I had available I was able to get Grav well 1/Singularity Jump's -repel up to -0.56

GW 3 I could get up to -0.58 Probably could have squeezed a -0.59 if I had 4x Mk xII VR Graviton Generator Consoles. Only had mk XI VR's to work with. Also used EptA 2 to do further tests.

The tests were using:

9 Skill in Gravity generators
Mk XI Jem'Hadar Deflector +24.4
4x and 5x Mk XI VR Graviton Generator consoles (Used Scimitar for the 5x test for GW 1) +28.2 ea
Singularity Core with [GG][Jump][SSR] +16.2
Borg console +22.9
TachyoKinetic converter +17.2
EptA 2 +15

Might even have been able to Squeeze even more if I had 4x Mk XII Fleet Graviton Generators, maybe even a Mk XII Jem'Hadar Deflector, or a Better Bonus from a different Deflector. Also not sure if there is anything else I could have missed.

But anyway.. Gw 3 is technically the better at Pulling and doing damage then the Singularity Jump. But only Marginally so.

PS: Also did checking on the Damage from GW 3 vs the Damage from Singularity jump, and GW 3 deals more damage per tick vs Singularity Jump.
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku

Last edited by webdeath; 07-29-2013 at 03:15 AM.
Lieutenant
# 37
07-29-2013, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borgresearcher View Post
more damage ? it doesnt matter if it will attack 300 or 350, it's useless for pvp, just like tykens rift and psw

anyway, the sj gives them time to battle cloak which is another op aspect
SJ puts your cloak on a 5s cd as do all sing abilities when they are used. You know, for someone with the "It's not the ship, it's the attitude(seriously, fix the spelling already)" it seems all your posts are about something that is "op".
Commander
# 38
07-29-2013, 10:49 AM
can't you get a 5second window from your js ? ive seen guys cloaking after using sj, generally scimitars

yes i come to the forums for that, intead of other guys that come only to hate others posts
it's not the ship or the build, it's the atitude
Captain
# 39
07-29-2013, 11:24 AM
Gravity well could use some love, maybe increase the damage output, or add some shield penetration value to it. Sciencie need some damage dealer skill, PSW isn't enought since the last neft.
John Sheridan@playhard88 - FED Tactical
Vin Naftero@playhard88 - FED Sciencie
K'tan@playhard88 - KDF Tactical
Argento@playhard88 - RRF Tactical (FED)
Rihannsu
# 40
07-29-2013, 01:18 PM
Personally I think they should leave Grav well 1/Singularity jump as is, but increase the Pull on Grav Well 2 and Grav Well 3 so that the Max on Grav well 2 would be like -0.60 and the max on GW 3 would be -0.65.. which I'm sure would be a significant pull value..
But I think they don't want Grav Well to be able to pull people in using EPtE or Engine Batteries, but I say why not? I mean Grav Well 3, being a commander level skill, should require extreme measures to escape, right?
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku