Survivor of Romulus
# 1 Reman uniform clipping bug
07-29-2013, 08:58 AM
I just recently decided to roll a Reman that I allied with the KDF at level 10. I was quite excited to get the Reman/KDF uniform option as it really looks very cool to me. However, I immediately noticed a few issues with it:

- The color palettes are completely different for all the parts - uniform/undershirt/pants, if I try to go with the traditional black/purple colouring of the Reman uniform I can't get the same shade of purple on anything. In fact I have 3 different shades of purple.

- But most importantly as colouring can be at least set very close (even if it's not quite the right colour) is that the uniform on my male Reman is clipping into the body in the chest area. And that looks really weird and ridiculous. It's like the uniform shreads itself in multiple parts, some of which go into my char's body. He now looks like a barechest Reman with black confetti sticked to his chest.

The uniform is really cool and I can see that whoever was working on it has put a lot of effort to make this nice uniform for KDF allied Remans. It's really pity and a waste of fine developer's work for the uniform to have this issues. It makes it practiaclly unwearable.

Please fix this!

----------------------------------------------
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
08-05-2013, 09:51 AM
Well since noone seems to have mentioned anything since I posted this thread, let me ask:

Is there anyone else that is having this chest clipping issue on the Reman/KDF uniform?

Survivor of Romulus
# 3
08-05-2013, 12:37 PM
I am. I have posted this in at least one other costume bug thread, but can't remember which. I had to make do with Reman Neutral, but agree the Reman Klingon was just that little bit nicer until it started clipping and showing chest.

My biggest issue is that none of the belts seem to go with anything except the "set" for which they are named (Reman Klingon clips with anything except a Reman Klingon top, as does Romulan Klingon with anything other than a Romulan Klingon top). Irritating.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
08-08-2013, 06:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drowrulesupreme View Post
I am. I have posted this in at least one other costume bug thread, but can't remember which. I had to make do with Reman Neutral, but agree the Reman Klingon was just that little bit nicer until it started clipping and showing chest.

My biggest issue is that none of the belts seem to go with anything except the "set" for which they are named (Reman Klingon clips with anything except a Reman Klingon top, as does Romulan Klingon with anything other than a Romulan Klingon top). Irritating.
Yeah, all the clipping between different sets is irritating for sure. However, I could tolerate it and live with it as it is. But the KDF/Reman uniform chest clipping is basically making the uniform useless as it looks really weird and broken.

I really hope this is not on your indefinite 'to do' list devs, like many of the other KDF related costumes. If you decided giving the Remans their own uniform upon making an ally, then fix it an make it usable again asap. The way it is - it was a waste of time and effort.

Captain
# 5
08-08-2013, 06:22 AM
I use the hood with one of the glasses on mine. It only just recently started clipping though, ever since they Resolved issues with the Reman Uniforms clipping...

Harden up Princess
Looking for an Oceanic fleet? Check out our website:
www.ausmonauts.com
Rihannsu
# 6
08-09-2013, 04:38 PM
I've not noticed chest clipping, but I'll look again.

I have noticed the color issues with the Reman uniforms, that you get different color pallets for different parts. It's not too bad, since you can get "close enough" with purples, on most of the parts, but it's still very annoying. In addition to this the color, I'm actually more annoyed at:

The top of the shoulder pads don't match the bottom of the pads. Even though they appear to be the same piece of metal, it's controlled by two different color squares that use different pallets.

On male Remans the larger eyewear piece (the one with the "Princess Leia Ear Muffs" and speaking mic) now clips horribly with the hood (it seems fine on females, the last I look).

This one I might be confusing with another Romulan piece, and I'll double-check, but I seem to recall there was something wrong with the Reman boots. That they have four color squares to fill, but none of them change anything on the shoe, except one, and it has it's own color pallet with one color: black.

Bad quality.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.