Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Career Officer
Before this more recent patch the bug with the Department Heads randomly changing seemed to be solved. But with the new patch the bug is baaaaack.

I know it's a minor thing for most but since I spend more effort on my Bridge & Duty Officers than any other aspect of the game it is a major annoyance for me.
Ensign
# 2
07-29-2013, 06:36 PM
You're not alone in suffering through that. I want my BOffs arranged a specific way and it keeps swapping them around. I also get issues (only on the KDF side) where one of my officers is thought to be a star ship (It's K'Gan).

Since I'm here, I'd also like to mention that on my Fed character, my officers seem to not be registering properly under the Stations tab. Lastly, nearly every time I go to my ship with this character, officer powers keep filling up my power trays. I remove the unwanted ones, but the return every time I change instances.
Ensign
# 3 You're not my BOff...
07-30-2013, 11:50 AM
I've been having the same problem for a while now. I've noticed that when I do ground missions, all of my department heads change to the four boffs I take with me. This is especially annoying as someone who plays mainly for the story aspect when one of my officers is supposed to be calling me from my ship, and the game registers that I have no department heads left on the ship, so it makes one up. I can't count how many times I've been staring at a Bolian chick on my screen going, "Who are you and why are you in charge of my ship?"

As was said earlier, I know this is generally considered a "minor" part of gameplay, but I play this game because I'm a Trekkie, not a high-end gamer. This is the stuff that matters to me. I hope Cryptic and Perfect World can recognize that this is a major annoyance for some of their players.
Republic Veteran
# 4
07-30-2013, 12:35 PM
I've got this bug too.

Have you also noticed that certain Boff's logos get replaced with Ship Logos occasionally?

This seems to be the cause of the swapping around for me. Certain boffs are incorrectly labelled as ships and disappear from the BOFF rosters, until you click on them, when they are recognised as BOFFs again - by that time the Department heads are all mixed up again.

Nothing I've tried seems to fix it.
Republic Veteran
# 5
07-30-2013, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tecu3 View Post
I've been having the same problem for a while now. I've noticed that when I do ground missions, all of my department heads change to the four boffs I take with me. This is especially annoying as someone who plays mainly for the story aspect when one of my officers is supposed to be calling me from my ship, and the game registers that I have no department heads left on the ship, so it makes one up. I can't count how many times I've been staring at a Bolian chick on my screen going, "Who are you and why are you in charge of my ship?"

As was said earlier, I know this is generally considered a "minor" part of gameplay, but I play this game because I'm a Trekkie, not a high-end gamer. This is the stuff that matters to me. I hope Cryptic and Perfect World can recognize that this is a major annoyance for some of their players.
I know exactly where you come from. I'm playing a nice traditional Romulan, with a whole range of officers available. Yet I keep getting a Gorn staring back at me from the bridge of my Warbird.