Lt. Commander
# 1 Mac Support Coming?
07-29-2013, 05:05 PM
This was talked about a while back and was mention by a dev. that it was being looked into... whats the news? Is it coming so I can dump microsoft? Anyways would anyone else like to see this? If so then please post and help show your support!

Last edited by carbongrip; 07-29-2013 at 05:16 PM.
Captain
# 2
07-29-2013, 05:09 PM
According to Dan Stahl, we should have a Mac client by the end of the year.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-29-2013, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
Cool thanks for posting link, every help show your support! No more bootcamping!
Rihannsu
# 4 Just No....
07-29-2013, 05:25 PM
I will never show my support for Mac in a million years lol WINE is perfect for running STO and much better than bootcamp. I use ubunto and the game has run vastly better than it has on Windows . So providing Mac support is really not necessary and they shouldn't waste anytime on that at all.
Lieutenant
# 5
07-29-2013, 05:38 PM
Looking forward to this. I currently use Parallels to run windows and it is VERY slow.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-30-2013, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by benben500 View Post
Looking forward to this. I currently use Parallels to run windows and it is VERY slow.
lol you should not even beable to play using Parallels to run STO,does not work I tried it. Only good for quickly setting up duty officer missions. You need bootcamp for now
Career Officer
# 7
07-30-2013, 08:10 AM
I cobbled together a "gaming rig" out of an old junker PC from eBay and a decent GPU. That was my solution to no Mac client since it ran poorly on my Mac Mini, and I can't boot camp my laptop due to drive encryption (required by my job). The PC sits next to my coffee table, takes up too much space, and is in the way. If a true Mac version came out, I'd probably buy a nice MacBook Pro to play the game on, and when not using it I could easily close it and tuck it away. Until then my laptop and PC attempt to cohabitate on the table, leaving little room for anything else.
Career Officer
# 8
07-30-2013, 08:35 AM
Lord I really hope they finally do support Mac....I've got a B.A. Mac Mini - that I do everything but STO on. I'm using a "behind the times" laptop cobbled together with some other stuff - so if Mac support does happen I can finally dump Windows for good....
Sound of Interstellar Space

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Captain
# 9
07-30-2013, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
Thank god. Much needed.
Captain
# 10
07-30-2013, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkepsilon1 View Post
I will never show my support for Mac in a million years lol WINE is perfect for running STO and much better than bootcamp. I use ubunto and the game has run vastly better than it has on Windows . So providing Mac support is really not necessary and they shouldn't waste anytime on that at all.
EHh, .. I use wine and it cashes constantly. Other than that wine is OK.
Closed Thread