Survivor of Romulus
I've been trying forever to figure out what shields would benefit me most. the torp boat i built has awesome survivability by staying cloaked 100% of the time, this means the shields are 'off line' 100% of the time too. so what shields out there have bonuses that would give the shield slot on my transphasic build the greatest benefit?
http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...cloakfire_4234
Career Officer
# 2
07-30-2013, 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wardcalis View Post
I've been trying forever to figure out what shields would benefit me most. the torp boat i built has awesome survivability by staying cloaked 100% of the time, this means the shields are 'off line' 100% of the time too. so what shields out there have bonuses that would give the shield slot on my transphasic build the greatest benefit?
On my torp boat I like to use the dominion shields for the 10% kinetic resist and crew bracing.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
07-31-2013, 01:46 AM
You want the adapted Maco shield and either the deflector and engine for the 2-piece set bonus.

This set is just the honor guard for fed but it is only T5 Omega rep.

"The Road To Arc Is Paved With Good Intentions"
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
07-31-2013, 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussboleyn View Post
You want the adapted Maco shield and either the deflector and engine for the 2-piece set bonus.

This set is just the honor guard for fed but it is only T5 Omega rep.
i though the breen 2 peice was better than the adapted maco 2 peice for a full transphasic build or si that wrong?
Captain
# 5
07-31-2013, 06:23 AM
I would use the breen stuff myself as you will get the transphasic buff without the HP drop you would suffer by clocking though I would look up the KHG stuff and compare the torp buff stat and pick the best one.
Lieutenant
# 6
07-31-2013, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wardcalis View Post
Although I'm a BIG admirer of the breen cluster torpedoes, they do set off a cooldown for the others. I worry that with 4 of them there's often multiple of them forcibly kept on cooldown.

I have two myself. But I think 3 might be your limit (45 sec cooldown on one launched, then 15 sec on others). This means that at 45 seconds, you could re-launch your 1st torpedo instead of the 4th (crude chart below).

Time=__0___15__30___45
Torp1_____x____________x
Torp2__________x
Torp3_____________x
Torp4__________________x

Still, I suppose you can just sit there and spin around. I'm building to something like this myself and have been considering how many of each torpedo to load in.
Lieutenant
# 7
07-31-2013, 09:54 AM
I was wondering: how good is your stealth skill?

One thing you might do is take the Breen shield and then swap out the breen defelctor for a Tachyon deflector. I wonder if you can bring your stealth high enough such that shields, and any defense would be unnecessary.

Tacheon deflector, SCI BOFFs with mask energy signature, your T'Varo super-cloak consoles, good captain stealth skill, 3 SCI-stealth modules and whatever ENG consoles you might find useful.

I'd stay away from the Aux-based devices you have simple because they'd break your cloak (don't they?). I guess you can use your warp core space jump to get away if you found yourself in trouble.
Captain
# 8
07-31-2013, 10:19 AM
I found that my Fleet T'varo with ELite Fleet resilliant shields and the Advanced XII Core from the Fleet Dil mine that adds Shield and Aux power and inhances Flow Cap and particle damage it keeps my shields at around 100 power and Aux at about 75 and Wep at full power also. I also have the shiled heal console and with these items combined I can run with pretty much immortal shields.
Career Officer
# 9
07-31-2013, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by malakim0 View Post
Although I'm a BIG admirer of the breen cluster torpedoes, they do set off a cooldown for the others. I worry that with 4 of them there's often multiple of them forcibly kept on cooldown.

I have two myself. But I think 3 might be your limit .
You are correct. In my torp build - B'Rel - I use 2 Breen, a regular transphasic, and a Hargh'peng. You can fire off 1 Breen, the transphasic, and the Hargh'peng one right after another. I use 2 BOff torp skills - your choice of THY and TSV.

The Breens are slow moving, the transphasic medium, and the Hargh'peng fast. With some timing and a little luck you can hit your target with the Breen, multiple regular transphasics, and the Hargh'peng all at once. A few seconds later and you're ready to repeat the sequence.
Lieutenant
# 10 Your best bet
07-31-2013, 11:36 AM
Best bet would be to go with the Adapted Maco Covariant Shield Mk XII and the Engine to go with that set as well. Then get yourself the Omega deflector for that Accuracy bonus. This 2 set bonus provides a nice little buff to torpedo damage, resist to crew death and disable, and bonus to Aux power(better cloak)