Ensign
First off, sorry if I'm in the wrong place for a suggestion.

Second, for those who don't know the term, it refers to the design of most animal's legs such as dogs and cats. The leg looks as if it has a backward-bent knee. In truth their "knee" is higher, and that backward bend is more akin to their ankle joint, and the paw their toes.

Super basic anatomy lesson over, I'm wondering if we could get that design for our animal-type characters.

I know it's been mentioned before, but I'm posting a new topic because I feel something passable has been given to the Elchanti characters the Romulan characters fight (that and I don't want to be guilty of necro). Far from perfect, granted, but better than the standard plantagrade (Humanoid) design. Now I know it's not as easy as just moving code, and I understand costumes would be a problem. Even so, it would be really cool if we could get it since the Catians in the show had digitgrade legs. Make it a costume itself packaged with Catian/Ferrasian themed cloths (that other toons could wear too) if you wanted. It's a little detail, but so many of us would flip out if we got it.

Thank you.

*sits back and awaits the coming fire-storm of comments*
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
07-30-2013, 09:35 PM
that actually would be cool as an option for legs in the body tab

+1 to your idea heheh

i wonder what other cats would say to that

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Captain
# 3
07-30-2013, 10:34 PM
digitigrade feet on bipeds the size of humans = lots of broken feet due to the increased stress of focussing impacts & load forces through the structures.

even our own feet & ancles are shining examples of 'intelligent design' being demonstrably stupid.

stepped down a curb just a bit wrong? have a torn Achilles tendon free of charge.

funny enough, something similar to the elites in halo may well be close to what could evole if a digitigrade species ended up bipedal.

but anyway, all for more aliens anywhere they can be gotten.
Cryptic.
Figure out and address the players path of least resistance to reward. this one thing is THE consistent factor undermining all your efforts. be that crafting, raids or starbase projects.
Career Officer
# 4
07-31-2013, 03:38 AM
I think this kitten has been beaten severely enough over the years.

Back when the Caitians were introduced into the game the same discussion was already going on in the forums and one of folks in charge clearly told us the did it to allow the greatest amount of customizeability.

In case of the Elachi there are two points to consider: while they walk differently, they actually have flat feet.

http://hydra-images.cursecdn.com/sto...Technician.jpg

And you can't customize NPCs to the same degree you can customize a player''s character so they can get away with this that would glitch terribly on a player's char.
Career Officer
# 5
07-31-2013, 03:47 AM
In the past they most likely had digitgrade legs, then evolution came and now they fly ships and say " Suffering sacatash! " when they blow up.
Career Officer
# 7
07-31-2013, 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by asardetemplari View Post
I support this... the Lyrans had digi-whatever legs.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...6/65/Lyran.jpg
Lyrans don't even originate from a Star Trek game so what's your point?
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-31-2013, 09:22 AM
Apparently it was considered but dropped for technical reasons. A shame as Caitians are supposed to have these legs and aren't even issued footwear (they use some polymer spray or something).

In order to apply this change they would have to force it on all Caitians causing players to get angry, create separate models for player footwear (like with Worgen/Draeni in WoW) since some may have bought a pack for a particular style of boot. Then they have to alter the animations to suit the new stances. For example, COH introduced them and they looked quite bad in the default standing stance, the feet need to be pointing at different angles to look right and balanced.

All this would take time to create and cost Cryptic money which existing Caitian players wouldn't pay for. I guess a compromise could be using the feet from Beachcomber in other slots as player choice since those assets exist already, but even that is bugged for Gorn as Risian Gorn feet are higher quality then the default ones.

So sadly, whilst it's something I'd love to see added to make Caitians match their limited canon better, it isn't going to happen.
========================================
SABLE SQUADRON ~ Caitian Engineer
The bigger the ship the better.
Rihannsu
# 9
07-31-2013, 10:39 AM
It would be a lot of effort to benefit a small number of players.

Not an economically minded decision.
# 10
07-31-2013, 10:44 AM
No one is going to get into the discussion of the amount of breasts? Shouldn't the females have 6 or 8? I'm not trolling here, but if you're going for biological accuracy in a feline based species....