Career Officer
# 21
08-08-2013, 09:01 AM
I didn't know I could alter my ship power presets at first. Was probably higher than Lv. 6 before I figured that out. But then, I didn't come to the forum looking for help either (wonder why). Won't say it's not a troll, but I find the OP's situation plausible and will give them the benefit of the doubt.

To the OP:

Ignore the stuff about messing with the levels manually for now. Your ship power has four power presets: Attack, Defense, Speed, and Balance. They are represented by 4 little buttons along the top of the panel (hover over them to see which is which). The one on the far left should be Attack. Click on it, and it will set your weapon power to 100. If you're taking a lot of fire you can switch to Defense to get 100 shield power or Speed for 100 engine power. It will take a bit of time for your power to redistribute, so don't expect it to happen instantly in the middle of combat.
Captain
# 22
08-08-2013, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nccmark View Post
This sounds like a troll question; no one is this clueless. Way to bite the hook, guys. The OP is probably laughing at you now.
I doubt it. I've spent many hours helping new players that I found fresh out of the tutorial and really confused asking for help in zone chat and getting mocked. There's a lot of people who love trek or even just love space ships and try the game but don't know how to play.

And if you do try to remember back to the very first day you started, this game has a heck of a lot to learn at the beginning. It's far more complex than most MMOs.

Plus, he's Fed which currently has the worst tutorial.
Commander
# 23
08-12-2013, 07:30 AM
Adjusting my Weapons to the suggested level did not work. What do I do?
Commander
# 24
08-12-2013, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captclazorus View Post
there are a few things that can work.

you still fly the light cruiser i think?

in case you do:

try to switch weapons, if you are still running the defualt weapons ( white colored box, no 1,2,3,4 or another digit in the upper right corner) switch to the ship weapons you did pick up from other missions, or, if you have some energy credits, buy better weapons of the exchange.

or,which is another solution, do the missions you find easy ( perhaps the azura resceu mission) a couple time's until you hit lvl 10, that way you get a new ship, with more weapon slots, and so on.but, first,try to switch weapons,shields deflectors and so on.

hope this helps a little more,if both points didnt work, ask in the zone chat in esd,if someone is willing to run the mission with you,they may be able to tell you where it goes wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 25
08-13-2013, 04:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavinruneblade View Post
I doubt it. I've spent many hours helping new players that I found fresh out of the tutorial and really confused asking for help in zone chat and getting mocked. There's a lot of people who love trek or even just love space ships and try the game but don't know how to play.

And if you do try to remember back to the very first day you started, this game has a heck of a lot to learn at the beginning. It's far more complex than most MMOs.

Plus, he's Fed which currently has the worst tutorial.
Well I remember my first day. I and I really do not remember needing any help. Anyone who has ever played any computer game must be able to figure out what to do. WSAD for steering, mouse click (or a hotkey) to reinforce damaged shields and space to fire weapons (as there was not any autofire when I started). And of course setting power, which is also mentioned in the tutorial if I remember correctly. So no, the game is not complex at all. In fact it is one of the easiest I have played. EVE online is what I would call complex. And to be honest when someone has a problem so early in the game, what will he do later in the game?
Survivor of Romulus
# 26
08-13-2013, 05:52 AM
Right-clicking your weapons so a green highlight box is around them makes them auto-fire when you mash spacebar, this also helps.
Even with the most weapon setting you should find things easier (as has been said, the left-most button on your power levels display does this for you).
Best tactical Bridge Officer skill (BOFF) to use this early is Tactical Team (TT) 1, best Engineer BOFF skill is Emergency Power to Shields (EptS) 1 and best Science BOFF skill is debatable but I like Hazard Emitters (HE) 1 for a hull heal. Go to Earth Space Dock (ESD) and a BOFF trainer if you don't have these skill already. When available, use TT and EptS every chance you get to keep your shields up and the facing taking damage stronger. HE should be used when you are on "fire", you'll see coloured plasma fire coming from your engines, or when your hull is about 50% to get back in the fight.
I hope this helps.
Republic Veteran
# 27
08-15-2013, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captclazorus View Post
66 forum posts and a join date of February for a guy this new?
He/she may be using a friend/relatives account.

I would recommend teaming up with someone. Try asking for help in zone chat.

Last edited by buccaneerdtb; 08-15-2013 at 08:50 AM.