Ensign
# 1 Mystery in a cave
07-31-2013, 06:05 PM
Hay guys, this is my first time using the foundry and I ask that some of you test and review my mission. I tried to keep it somewhat simple and short, shouldn't take much longer then 35 minutes to complete, there are areas with intense ground battles however they are relatively easy. any and all advice on what to make this better will help me with additional missions later on. thanks in advance.

Last edited by cencuwas; 08-01-2013 at 05:42 PM.
Commander
# 2
08-03-2013, 03:49 PM
A very good day to you cencuwas!

I've just finished playing through your mission. I liked it, and as requested, a few tips on areas that could be improved;

There's a lot of default text. By this, I mean "go to next map", "interact" etc. Changing these, and adding more pop-ups after you complete a task, would help make the plot more involving. The first bit in particular didn't feel engaging because of this.

A bit of spelling here and there. I'm guilty of it too so I'm not going to judge on it, but I should point out that it is there. E.g. "The Caption was being questioned", "Rescue the Cadet's", "Thank the profits", "Remints", "Ay", "finnal showdown", "what that initials"?

Objectives could be structured better, especially in the cave. You ended up with quite a long list. Complete all works better and it would be best to have the kill objective different from the scan objective. In fact, you don't even need an objective to kill the groups, just have them spawn next to the scan. Cleans up the objective list and you have to fight them either way.

You use patrol on some of your contact NPCs. Problem with that is when you are talking to them and they walk away, you loose the dialogue box. If you're trying to read carefully, you have to reload several times.

At the secret location, you need a wall covering the side of one of the transporter pads. Also, if you're going to use all three rooms, would be good to have some more detail in the middle room. A lot of running just for a few consoles.

Hope that helps.

& Rose Tinted Mirror (Fed 31+)
Career Officer
# 3
08-04-2013, 01:39 PM
Heya,

I've created a thread for new mission authors to trade reviews! Get plays, get feedback, and learn how other authors are using the Foundry!

Just post your mission title, author handle and faction (fed/kdf).

Link to thread: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=816401

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Ensign
# 4 Updated
08-18-2013, 11:37 PM
Thank you for your review isthisscience, per your suggestions I did go through my mission and did fix some spelling errors, I also removed some of the combat objectives.

I also did add some elements to some areas ( mainly the cave ) as well as started to decorate the final star base, mostly in the final room but I did add a few things to the center room.

Again I ask that you guys play through my mission and leave me comments that will improve this mission as well as help me get better at creating missions that will attract people to play.

Thanks once again.