Survivor of Romulus
# 11
08-01-2013, 07:22 AM
Interact with object inside the story-line. So, yup. But i didn't mind, i was able to replace it with a way better improvement on the story .
^^ I am Stoutes, and I approve of my message (and inb4exploit!) ^^
Captain
# 12
08-01-2013, 07:25 AM
I predict that STO will announce that they are Creating an Installable Software of the Foundry , for people to be able to install to their computer, and only need to connect to the Server when they wish to Publish their Projects.
Survivor of Romulus
# 13
08-01-2013, 07:35 AM
I was debating whether to even post in this thread. I'll just say this. You are basically setting yourself up for rage or disappointment in six months when whatever is or isn't done doesn't conform to your expectations. I don't see any virtue in that. Especially since Cryptic is in no way obligated to conform to players' expectations.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forums are like Sanctuary Districts, complete with Gimmes, Ghosts and Dims.

Last edited by drogyn1701; 08-01-2013 at 08:06 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 14
08-01-2013, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
I was debating whether to even post in this thread. I'll just say this. You are basically setting yourself up for rage in six months when whatever is or isn't done doesn't conform to your expectations. I don't see any virtue in that.
As i mentioned before, i will never rage because of a game. And well... lets be honest; those bugs forces you to be a bit more creative, what's bad about that?
^^ I am Stoutes, and I approve of my message (and inb4exploit!) ^^
Starfleet Veteran
# 15
08-01-2013, 07:56 AM
No one can predict what tomorrow will bring. It's true today, it will be true six months from now. And three years of something being one way, is no guarantee that tomorrow everything won't change.

I'm mean the Klingons very much used to be where we are now. They went for years with nothing more than the most minor updates, all the while with promises that they would one day be a full PvE faction. Then one day, BAM, it all comes flooding in.

I think the Foundry will see major updates one day, but it will happen when it fits into Cryptic's plan for the entire game, not when we say it's our turn. (Incidentally, his holds true for any number of other systems such as crafting and PvP)

In the end though, it's only my take and should be treated as such.

@greendragoon
Captain
# 16
08-01-2013, 09:28 AM
Quote:
I was debating whether to even post in this thread. I'll just say this. You are basically setting yourself up for rage or disappointment in six months when whatever is or isn't done doesn't conform to your expectations. I don't see any virtue in that. Especially since Cryptic is in no way obligated to conform to players' expectations.
The thing is, though, that we have been told for basically the last year and a half that THIS would be the time when our patience, frustration, and sheer waiting would be remedied. They had to get through the F2P transition. "Thank you Foundry authors for saving our game..." They had to wait for NW to launch. "We're just waiting for NW..." Then they had to wait for a core team to fix the underlying issues...

Now, all that is done, mostly. So, now, the STO team finally has a chance to do something with the Foundry. What do you predict will be done? What are your reasonable expectations?
Captain
# 17
08-01-2013, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoutes View Post
As i mentioned before, i will never rage because of a game. And well... lets be honest; those bugs forces you to be a bit more creative, what's bad about that?

Very Positive View of things. I Really Like your answer, Stoutes! And Completely agree with it!

and most definitely Disagree with this one by drogyn:

Quote:
That's like giving up without trying. If you don't Hope for things in the future, then you get no future.

Last edited by amahood; 08-01-2013 at 09:39 AM.
Captain
# 18
08-01-2013, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreendragoon1 View Post
It's not a complete pipe dream. It, like NPC follow, is one of the NPC behaviors that showed up in Neverwinter. It's just a matter of getting them to port it here.
fingers crossed i guess, surprise us cryptic, make us eat our words

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
Captain
# 19
08-01-2013, 10:06 AM
I predict the following:

Season 8 (if that is what they are calling the Fall update) will have nothing to do with the Foundry. It will have to do with endgame buckets, and there will be no attempt to integrate the Foundry with endgame content.

We will get some cute updates from Zero, who adds a few assets like npc groups or a toy car.

Not one of NW's major features (like nudging) will be ported to STO's Foundry. We will get 0 new maps. We will still not be able to make a Romulan mission, unless it's a Fed or KDF mission titled something like "KDF ROM." There will no big set of new Romulan assets, despite Dan Stahl's statement to the contrary. The exploits will still be there. The crappy lists will still be there. Nobody will be able to find our missions in the lists.

There will be some good bug fixes and maybe a new npc behavior or something. We'll get some missing costumes that were promised three seasons back. Maybe, just maybe, costume import/export will make a glorious return (in its previous state, without new fixes).

Otherwise, season 8 will break our missions and the Foundry in general.

Those are my predictions. Cryptic, feel free to prove me wrong. Make me eat those words.

Last edited by kirksplat; 08-01-2013 at 10:19 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 20
08-01-2013, 10:11 AM
I have not given up, far from it. And I have many hopes for the Foundry, but that's all they are, hopes. When they tell me something specific is coming in a specific time frame, that's when I'll have expectations. I'm not going to arbitrarily expect something from my list of wants when they haven't announced it's going to be put in. That, to me, is asking to be disappointed. This how I look at a lot of things. I don't go into the movie theater with a lot of expectations, I let the movie be what it is and more often than not I'll enjoy it more than someone who goes in judging it by what they want it to be.

Cryptic says a lot of things. More often than not it amounts to "we'd like to do this, possibly within this time frame" rather than "we promise to do Y within X time period." They also change direction a lot.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forums are like Sanctuary Districts, complete with Gimmes, Ghosts and Dims.