Survivor of Romulus
# 21
08-01-2013, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amahood View Post

Very Positive View of things. I Really Like your answer, Stoutes! And Completely agree with it!

and most definitely Disagree with this one by drogyn:

That's like giving up without trying. If you don't Hope for things in the future, then you get no future.
Thank you, i try to use that with most of any problems i encounter. Macgyver was my great example .

Anyway about Drogyn; as far as i know he's a longtimer here. There is only so much anyone can get before the mins become larger than the plusses.
^^ I am Stoutes, and I approve of my message (and inb4exploit!) ^^
Rihannsu
# 22
08-01-2013, 12:20 PM
Quote:

Very Positive View of things. I Really Like your answer, Stoutes! And Completely agree with it!

and most definitely Disagree with this one by drogyn:

That's like giving up without trying. If you don't Hope for things in the future, then you get no future.
Hope is what motivates you to continue in spite of what you see in front of you. Hope doesn't change the world around you. It only changes how you interact with it.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Super Moderator
# 23
08-01-2013, 12:48 PM
I haven't so much as downloaded NW, let alone looked at its' Foundry. I can't speculate about what they might or might not port over or duplicate, in general.

I'm also going to guess that we're not going to see major additions of new functionality before January 2014.

(Lol... I accidentally typed 2104 originally... let's hope that's not the release date!)

I can say that I'd like to see them add more Foundry-enabled maps and more game assets from New Romulus, LoR, Risa, etc. I don't think we'll get all of it, but we might get some of it.

New NPC Behaviors... well, my guess is we won't see those before next year at the earliest.

Other than that, bug fixes seem to be the most urgent issues on their plate for the Foundry right now.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Survivor of Romulus
# 24
08-01-2013, 02:03 PM
A moderator not moderating the topic *enjoying the moment*. Welcome bluegeek!

Anyway, what i was thinking of what i really would like... is the ability to upload a coded animation/action or whatever. limited to certain preset options though, but still.

Something like Celestia and it's ability to create an "movie" (you can "program" sequences and tell the cam and other options what to do and such) with the actual planetary positions (created a 20-minutes "movie" myself two years ago).
^^ I am Stoutes, and I approve of my message (and inb4exploit!) ^^

Last edited by stoutes; 08-01-2013 at 05:15 PM.
Captain
# 25
08-01-2013, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorak View Post
Well, my honest opinion is the following:

The current game stopping bugs such as crashing and slow loading will be fixed. Other "minor" bugs such as not being able to select a space contact as the focus of a dialogue will still remain unfixed (even though that seems like it could be fixed in less than an hour of work, just change what shows in the selection box-- it's not like the functionality does not work, we just can't select it).

No new features will be implemented. No changes will be made to the bad new ratings system. Grinders will still make up a disproportionate amount of the top 50 missions that show, and there will be no split categories for story/combat.

Sorry, but if I were going to bet money on it, this is what I would pick. Not saying I'd necessarily win, but the odds are greatest in favor of this outcome based on the past track record.
I really hope this is what we get. I have stayed away from the foundry and the entire game for the most part because of how buggy the foundry is right now(plus I think the summer event is boringand well its summer! Must go outside.).
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Captain
# 26
08-01-2013, 03:54 PM
Quote:
I predict that STO will announce that they are Creating an Installable Software of the Foundry , for people to be able to install to their computer, and only need to connect to the Server when they wish to Publish their Projects.
I would like this but honestly the autosave in the foundry is great. A stand alone tailor app would be very cool.
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Captain
# 27
08-01-2013, 05:13 PM
i have mixed feelings about installable software, on the one hand i hate being disconnected from the server, but i would anticipate a major **** up with it in some fashion

'upload failed for an unknown reason' and such

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
Captain
# 28
08-01-2013, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
I haven't so much as downloaded NW, let alone looked at its' Foundry.
I would not bother, unless you are a DandD fan. In many ways it is an inferior tool, when it comes to telling stories. There are cool features like the nudger and the room builder, but there are so many aspects of the NW's Foundry that are far inferior to STO's. No popup dialogues, no dialog bubbles placed directly on a map, no complete all objectives (that I could find), and not even the ability to maximize and minimize tabs, etc. Some would say that those features don't belong in a fantasy game without combadges, but I think that's dumb. Every magical setting I can think involves long distance communication via visions, psychic powers, crystal balls, the eye of mordor, etc. etc.

Also, you have to build a set with a big white box covering your set (if you're editing x, y, z values). And costume creator is really bad.

Last edited by kirksplat; 08-01-2013 at 07:39 PM.
Rihannsu
# 29
08-01-2013, 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
I would not bother, unless you are a DandD fan. In many ways it is an inferior tool, when it comes to telling stories. There are cool features like the nudger and the room builder, but there are so many aspects of the NW's Foundry that are far inferior to STO's. No popup dialogues, no dialog bubbles placed directly on a map, no complete all objectives (that I could find), and not even the ability to maximize and minimize tabs, etc. Some would say that those features don't belong in a fantasy game without combadges, but I think that's dumb. Every magical setting I can think involves long distance communication via visions, psychic powers, crystal balls, the eye of mordor, etc. etc.

Also, you have to build a set with a big white box covering your set (if you're editing x, y, z values). And costume creator is really bad.
Magical holograms.....

I like the quest trail feature and it would be nice to have that. Yeah it's what they have instead of tricorder scans, but it'd be useful with tricorder scans...

The biggest is the ability to toggle the state of an object during the mission. In STO, all state changes are permanent, but NW has the ability to have non-permanent state changes.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 30
08-02-2013, 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
I was debating whether to even post in this thread. I'll just say this. You are basically setting yourself up for rage or disappointment in six months when whatever is or isn't done doesn't conform to your expectations. I don't see any virtue in that. Especially since Cryptic is in no way obligated to conform to players' expectations.
Well, since I expect essentially nothing to be done, I doubt I can be very disappointed by the outcome. That said, I don't agree that Cryptic is "in no way obligated". If they want to keep us as players then they are in fact obligated to do something to placate us. If they don't care about the Foundry, and all indications are they basically don't (a few individuals might, but as an entity it has zero priority), then they can do nothing, but in that case they will start to lose some of us (and probably already have lost some).

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.

Last edited by nagorak; 08-02-2013 at 12:37 AM.