Empire Veteran
# 1 BoP Pets
07-31-2013, 08:26 PM
So apparently BoPs are going to be doing 'strafing runs' more in their AI script, for those that use them.

I wonder if this mostly refers to how BoPs (and I think Bug pets might also do this) mostly end up firing their turrets circling endlessly and only fire more stuff off mostly if they are recalled and sent back in.

So hopefully this will make them more useful.

Survivor of Romulus
# 2
07-31-2013, 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
So apparently BoPs are going to be doing 'strafing runs' more in their AI script, for those that use them.

I wonder if this mostly refers to how BoPs (and I think Bug pets might also do this) mostly end up firing their turrets circling endlessly and only fire more stuff off mostly if they are recalled and sent back in.

So hopefully this will make them more useful.
From my experience, JHAS frigate pets are near useless. I wasted money on that attack ship just for the ability to purchase the hangars and I found out the hard way that my meshweavers and my bop hangar pets were far superior in PVE DPS, and pretty close to my Fer'jai frigates.

I welcome the update to the bop's for sure.
Empire Veteran
# 3
08-01-2013, 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corvalle View Post
From my experience, JHAS frigate pets are near useless. I wasted money on that attack ship just for the ability to purchase the hangars and I found out the hard way that my meshweavers and my bop hangar pets were far superior in PVE DPS, and pretty close to my Fer'jai frigates.

I welcome the update to the bop's for sure.
Oh yeah...totally forgot about Fer'jai frigates.

I don't have a Bug or a Jem-dread, so I will take your word on em.

But I do have a Recluse and I LOVE Mesh Weaver pets. I'm working on getting a hangar (just one) of Elite Mesh Weavers so I can stack Beta 3 and Beta 2 on targets. I think they are the best PvE pet (due to the APB put on everything) which helps everyone kill stuff faster.

Captain
# 4
08-01-2013, 05:38 AM
i think the farjai frigates are the best pets in the game.
next would be the JHAS then prob the mesh weavers. ( i dont have the jem ship or a recluse so i dunno for sure)

the bops are nice.. but the elite ones dont spam HY and CRF as much as the farjai do.

those farjai are brutal with the HY3 trico torps.
[12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
[12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.