Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
After making Lt. Commander,I decided to update my uniform and my promoted officer's too.

So I visit tailor and have roughly 15,00 credits .
After making minor uniform adjustments to my character and officers I leave tailor.
I go to buy some new weapons and find I only have 1,800 credits left!!

My costume only cost 640 cr
My Lt cost 440
my jnr Lt 300
The other 4 crew 120 or thereabouts each.
This is according to what the menu was telling me it would cost ,as I made adjustments.

So,giving a rough total ,I should not have payed more than about 2,500 credits for the "minor" changes I made.
I only changed pants type and gave them insignia.No reconstructive surgery or anything!!

Instead of paying what I thought I was paying,I was infact charged over 13,000 credits for adding a few badges!!, although It didnt tell me ,that is what it really charged.

The Tailor wasn't even a Ferengi dammit,but would of filled Quark's heart with pride,with his unscrupulous
actions
So now I'll probably have to repair my ship with pieces of flooring and metal furniture when I get into a fight.
But at least my crew have shiny badges!

But seriously,this needs to be fixed before launch.
Nothing annoys players more than game currency evaporating into thin air,without their input.

Please don't give the "I QUIT!!(but never really intended to play anyway)" posters, any more ammunition than they already have at launch.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-24-2010, 09:36 PM
Confirmed. This happens to me, too. 120 credit changes costing 1700 credits, multiple times, repeatable. Filed a bug report in game and it's only 'Processed.'

This is a showstopper. It MUST be fixed before release.

EDIT (to add information):

Critical, potential Showstopper:

Problem:
Tailor on Earth Spacedock grossly overcharges for changes to costumes.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Dock with Earth Spacedock.
2. Move to Requisitions, locate the tailor.
3. Enter costume customization.
4. Make minor change (almost any change will do)
5. Note expected cost, complete transaction.
6. Note gross overpayment (120 credit changes costing 1700 credits or more)

Workaround:
There is no workaround to this bug.

Hardware:
Not applicable. This is a server-side error.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-24-2010, 09:42 PM
From what I've seen, each thing you change increases the cost. I watched the rate go up every single, tiny, insignificant [adding a rank] change I made.

Kind of annoying but I didn't think it was a bug.

13,000 credits is waaaay insane though.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-24-2010, 09:47 PM
This is most definitely a bug. I was charged 1700 credits for simply changing the rank pips on one of my BOs, when it said it would cost 120 credits. That was all I changed, nothing else.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-24-2010, 10:02 PM
If they want to charge 1700 credits for giving a newly propmoted BO thier rank pips ,then so be it.

But don't tell me its 120 cr then sneak 10 times that amount out of my wallet.
Its definitly a bug.I could have almost bought a new ship for the cost of such lavish promotions

Again to clarify what happens.
You visit tailor and make a minor costume adjustment.
Menu says it will cost you 120 cr.
The game actually takes over 1000 cr for the adjustment.

Workaround: Stay the hell away from the tailor !
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-24-2010, 10:13 PM
I seem to be having this issue as well, hope it's fixed because it's really ridiculous to be not only ripped off in the end but be charged ridiculous amounts for each individual item I want to change. I liked how it used to be that you were charged a flat rate to make changes. Now you change two or three colors and get charged 300 energy points, it's a little unbalanced. The fact that the system is broken and ends up taking 1,000+ on top of that is ridiculous. Posted a bug report, let's hope they fix it soon.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-24-2010, 10:18 PM
The same thing is happening with the ship customizer......one instance wuz to fix the color scheme i had chosen cuz i dicided i didn;t like it started with 16191 creds said i wuz gonna pay 1320 for the change.........got out of the customizer with 9591........total of 6600 spent.......i've put in a ticket about it but i don't think its been looked at yet there wuz no reply......submitted a couple of days ago

Xyv
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-24-2010, 10:22 PM
Well I don't see the reason why we should be charged for adding one little pip to our uniforms, it should be an Automated thing with the Uniform so it can be seen by everyone, I can understand charging a small amount for BO's but not for the main Character, There should be an Automated Ranking system on the uniform so it can be seen, charge only if you want to change the colour or something but thats it.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-24-2010, 11:18 PM
I agree about automating the rank.

The choice on the tab ,when you create character or do Bridge officer for first time should simply be:

-------
None
--------
V
-------
Rank
--------

Then when you rank up the game checks to see if you have ranks on as option.
If you do you get pips.
If you don't then nothing will show.
The game could do the same check on your Bridge Officers when you promote them.

But regardless of that feature,they really need to fix the gouging that is going on at the Tailors
and the shipyards now it seems.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-25-2010, 12:34 PM
BUMP - this is STILL broken.