Lt. Commander
# 1 STO ruined my LIFE!
01-24-2010, 07:32 PM
First of all, I'd just like to start out by saying that if you have years or even decades of experience in IT and a professional degree, you still don't know squat because I KNOW ALL. I've googled everything there ever was on computers and took notes on post-it pads. My Gandma keeps getting mad because she says she doesn't want her basement covered in post-its. I told her she's a noob and needs to lrn2organize.

So NEwayz.. I loaded up STO and my hard drive crashed. I have this 10 gig drive left over from my first PC so I threw that in there and started over. Then I couldn't figure out how to re-apply my beta key so I just kept spamming submit and it WORKED! So I logged in and all of a sudden I smell smoke. I lifed the 2 day old, half eaten, ham and cheese hotpocket up off the top of my uber tower and saw that it was burning it. I didn't think anything of it. I'm mean seriously it was like a free re-heat and I didn't even have to get up to go to the microwave. Then I realized that the smoke was actually coming from my video card. My awesome Nvidia 400 MX that can run Crysis on full with no overheating had melted itself into the motherboard. I mean seriously! It's only like 5 years old!!!! So now I'm getting MAD at the Dev's because STO killed my puter.

So I threw the tower in my backpack and hopped on my sisters bike to go to my cousins house who has a bunch of spare parts laying around. He told me that STO couldn't have done it and that my hardware just sucked. I hit him in the head with my fried video card and told him to STFUNOOB. I decided to leave and when I got outside I noticed that my sisters bike was gone. I looked down the street and saw this 12 year old riding off with it. I chased him down to teach him a lesson. I'm 2 years older than him so he should be terrified of me. Well, while I was chasing him, my shoe fell off because I'm not real good yet at tying my laces and I tripped. My tower came out of the backpack and hit me in the back of the head when I faceplanted on the concrete.

GREAT! So now I've got a broken nose because of freakin STO!!!! So, I'm like.. screw it and decided to go back to the house. If I take my GPU off and wrap it in tin foil and bake it in my grandmas oven while she's making cookies, it might fix it. But when I get to the house I can't find my grammy. So I start to head downstairs and when I open the door, I was shocked to see she'd fell all the way down the stairs and broke her neck! So I called 911 and started doing CPR right away. I remember watching doogie howser or something like that and so I'm an expert at EMT stuff. I couldn't get her to come around and after it was all said and done she died.

The next day while I was baking my computer in the oven, this guy showed up and told me that he was from the state and was going to have to put me in a foster home. I asked him if they'd have teh interwebz there because I'm like.. a computer engineer and I have to have access to wikipedia and he laughed and was like... no.. you'll be sharing a house with about 10 other kids. Oh, and theres only 1 bathroom.

STO RUINED MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-24-2010, 07:37 PM
sounds like fun!
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-24-2010, 07:58 PM
hmmmm....

cool story bro!

(^ is that overplayed yet?)
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-24-2010, 09:14 PM
This thread has just won.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-24-2010, 09:26 PM
7/10, great effort
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-24-2010, 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulda View Post
First of all, I'd just like to start out by saying that if you have years or even decades of experience in IT and a professional degree, you still don't know squat because I KNOW ALL. I've googled everything there ever was on computers and took notes on post-it pads. My Gandma keeps getting mad because she says she doesn't want her basement covered in post-its. I told her she's a noob and needs to lrn2organize.

So NEwayz.. I loaded up STO and my hard drive crashed. I have this 10 gig drive left over from my first PC so I threw that in there and started over. Then I couldn't figure out how to re-apply my beta key so I just kept spamming submit and it WORKED! So I logged in and all of a sudden I smell smoke. I lifed the 2 day old, half eaten, ham and cheese hotpocket up off the top of my uber tower and saw that it was burning it. I didn't think anything of it. I'm mean seriously it was like a free re-heat and I didn't even have to get up to go to the microwave. Then I realized that the smoke was actually coming from my video card. My awesome Nvidia 400 MX that can run Crysis on full with no overheating had melted itself into the motherboard. I mean seriously! It's only like 5 years old!!!! So now I'm getting MAD at the Dev's because STO killed my puter.

So I threw the tower in my backpack and hopped on my sisters bike to go to my cousins house who has a bunch of spare parts laying around. He told me that STO couldn't have done it and that my hardware just sucked. I hit him in the head with my fried video card and told him to STFUNOOB. I decided to leave and when I got outside I noticed that my sisters bike was gone. I looked down the street and saw this 12 year old riding off with it. I chased him down to teach him a lesson. I'm 2 years older than him so he should be terrified of me. Well, while I was chasing him, my shoe fell off because I'm not real good yet at tying my laces and I tripped. My tower came out of the backpack and hit me in the back of the head when I faceplanted on the concrete.

GREAT! So now I've got a broken nose because of freakin STO!!!! So, I'm like.. screw it and decided to go back to the house. If I take my GPU off and wrap it in tin foil and bake it in my grandmas oven while she's making cookies, it might fix it. But when I get to the house I can't find my grammy. So I start to head downstairs and when I open the door, I was shocked to see she'd fell all the way down the stairs and broke her neck! So I called 911 and started doing CPR right away. I remember watching doogie howser or something like that and so I'm an expert at EMT stuff. I couldn't get her to come around and after it was all said and done she died.

The next day while I was baking my computer in the oven, this guy showed up and told me that he was from the state and was going to have to put me in a foster home. I asked him if they'd have teh interwebz there because I'm like.. a computer engineer and I have to have access to wikipedia and he laughed and was like... no.. you'll be sharing a house with about 10 other kids. Oh, and theres only 1 bathroom.

lmfaoooooooooooooooooooo EPIC i bout **** myself . I know where your coming from i been reading all the threads you got it all covered . Best part is the ******* who are cooking their video cards in the oven.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-24-2010, 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAZH_KALA
lmfaoooooooooooooooooooo EPIC i bout **** myself . I know where your coming from i been reading all the threads you got it all covered . Best part is the ******* who are cooking their video cards in the oven.
rosemary and a balsamic reduction goes best with most Nvidia cards. ATI cards must be soaked in butter milk for an hour before baking to get the crappy gamey taste.
Lt. Commander
# 8 Funny as Hell
01-24-2010, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulda View Post

Great stuff permission to post on my sto fan site? also get in touch if you want to write this kind of stuff for the site www.stomassplay.com?
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-24-2010, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAZH_KALA
All I have to say is QFT
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-24-2010, 11:16 PM
baking faulty chips that have solder joint problems is actually a real way to fix them.... but if you have a card like that, its usually better to replace it than try fixing it that way.