Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 1 "On Screen!" - Episode 3
08-02-2013, 01:00 PM
In the third episode of "On Screen!", Whit and I discuss the Summer Event on Risa, the Romulan Veteran Rewards, and STO's upcoming presence at this year's Star Trek Las Vegas (STLV) Convention. Before ending our subspace communique, we also give viewers a few teasers as to what the STO team has planned for Season 8, including the announcement of a new Feature Episode that will lead up to its release.

Link to the show.
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 2
08-02-2013, 01:12 PM
Honestly...all I hear is a rehash of what goes into the various podcasts.

That's not a bad thing. Not everyone can spend hours listening to all the podcasts or tracking down news/transcripts from them. This video is a great tool to get the word out to everyone from those for some of the bigger news items.

However...could "On Screen!" get 1-2 unique tidbits that are bits of new info to everyone? A teaser screenshot? A hint for the hints strewn about the podcasts of what's coming up?

That's it really. It's a great review video series, but it needs 1-2 exclusive bits per episode to make it a must-watch video for everyone.
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
08-02-2013, 01:24 PM
Cap'n Kiki FTW!

What was the rest you talked about? *angelface*

But seriously, nice "On Screen" episode.
^^ I am Stoutes, and I approve of my message ^^
Career Officer
# 4
08-02-2013, 01:29 PM
Great episode, always enjoy them. My heart sank when you mentioned a new fleet holding though, we're struggling enough with what we have haha.

My money is on the Voth for the new enemy, just saying.
Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since Beta.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs.
Take one down, patch it around.
127 little bugs in the code...
Career Officer
# 5
08-02-2013, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by entnx01 View Post
Honestly...all I hear is a rehash of what goes into the various podcasts.

That's not a bad thing. Not everyone can spend hours listening to all the podcasts or tracking down news/transcripts from them. This video is a great tool to get the word out to everyone from those for some of the bigger news items.

However...could "On Screen!" get 1-2 unique tidbits that are bits of new info to everyone? A teaser screenshot? A hint for the hints strewn about the podcasts of what's coming up?

That's it really. It's a great review video series, but it needs 1-2 exclusive bits per episode to make it a must-watch video for everyone.
I agree 100%. it's a great rehash but we need something that is new for everyone. a screenshot or something.
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
08-02-2013, 01:33 PM
It's only logical there'll be another fleet holding, at least if it will produce tactical fleet consoles...
^^ I am Stoutes, and I approve of my message ^^
Rihannsu
# 7
08-02-2013, 01:34 PM
"Oh we're so excited... so excited... can't wait... oh my gawd that's soooo fun... we're having a blast... we're so excited... incredible... we can't wait... oooohhhhh so excited..."

See a pattern here...?

Ugh... The show's formula is decent at its core, but I've got to say the delivery is incredibly forced. I like how you summarize what's going on and what's to come, but hearing how "exciting" and "awesome" things are for the 3465731 time kills it and shows it's all "PR" talk. But I guess for more honest opinion one has to listen to a fan podcast, not an official advert.

Also, not happy to hear about a new holding and new reputation. Former being yet another dilithium sink and barrier for smaller fleets to get better gear, while the latter I bet is gonna revolve around a handful of repetitive PvE missions which we'll have to grind for some new type of marks. Yeah... "exciting"...

Last edited by suaveks; 08-02-2013 at 01:42 PM.
Career Officer
# 8
08-02-2013, 01:43 PM
Thanks Whit/Capt Kiki and who was the other guy? Does Capt Kiki have a fan club?

Vice Admiral Juda USS Manxman, Vice Admiral Hessed USS Shalom, Vice Admiral S'Motis RRW Sparrow, Vice Admiral Kadosh USS Yisrael, Vice Admiral Sh'ma USS Shalome, Lt Gen Rerrr IKS K'Rok
Career Officer
# 9
08-02-2013, 01:59 PM
Nothing like a video of stuff we already know or crap that has been out for OVER A MONTH NOW.
Remove GECKO from the game!
Empire Veteran
# 10
08-02-2013, 02:10 PM
still no hints on the new enemy huh. im thinking Vaadwaur, they have had 30 years to reclaim their subspace conduits and rebuild, and they are pissed at at least 1 starfleet vessel. they have the motive and the means to show up and be a problem were the game takes place.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus