Rihannsu
# 1 Rockin Awesome Foundry Updates
08-03-2013, 03:55 AM
Hallo. Tried to log into the Foundry, was told that my access was being denied. Found that weird -- found many people on Twitter were all having variously weird error messages about the Foundry and had hit or miss logins. I got a sneeking suspicion something was being changed in the Foundry --

Discovered that Romulan faction allegiance had been turned on for Foundry. Despite the inability to create a Romulan faction character, we could nonetheless make Romulan faction mission, and create Romulan faction character costumes. On top of that, many new NPC Contacts were added.

They include Hortas, Epohhs, Armored Hathams, the entire cast of Klingon Hamlet, and more Epohhs known as "Squirrels".

I think these additions are great. Any additions that give me more things to work with and allow me to tell stories I couldn't tell yesterday makes me happy.

However, I would like to request some more assets in a list, and they are as follows --

1.) NPC Contact - Obisek
2.) NPC Contact - D'Tan
3.) NPC Contact - Torreth
4.) NPC Contact - Admiral Quinn
5.) NPC Contact - Jm'pok
6.) NPC Contact - Both Worfs
7.) NPC Contact - McCoy and Scotty?
8.) NPC Contact - Shadowed Silhouette Male and Female (Allows us to make dialogues with indistinct characters)
9.) NPC Contact - Invisible Character (Allows us to make dialogues that are not inherently attached to any person or object)
9.5) NPC Contact - The Open Book that is Blue, Red, and Yellow -- Used in Cryptic missions to explain department-specific objectives.
10.) Map - New Romulus (there are several throughout the missions)
11.) Map - Romulan Flotilla
12.) Map - New Romulus Command
13.) Map - Khitomer
14.) Uniforms - All Jupiter Uniforms
15.) Uniform - Odyssey Uniform, Bortas Uniform
16.) Uniforms - MACO, Omega, Honor Guard
17.) Uniforms - Clearly all the Romulan Republic and Reman Uniforms, and Tal Shiar uniform parts please?
18.) Uniforms - the Starfleet Sierra and Antares Open Jackets

If you really wanted to blow us all away, tag the uniforms so that they're interchangeable -- being able to put a Reman in a Klingon uniform, or a Rigelian in a Romulan Republic uniform, would open up a LOT of options for stories for us.

Now, for things that need correction --

1.) NPC Contact Commander Janek is actually NOT the same model as Janek is in game. Please check this.
2.) NPC Contact Klingon Tos Lieutenant Male 03 - his face doesn't load.
3.) NPC Contact (and detail object) Prop Rumulan Crate Large 01 is typoed - "Rumulan" should be "Romulan".

3.) Romulan female has the option to have feline hands. Now, honestly, I'd kind of like all of this sort of stuff to stay and be unlocked, but I don't think anyone is going to listen to me here. *sigh*

Anyway, these are just some things I'd like.

P.S. - This is not Foundry related but Female Rigelians cannot have short and bob hairstyles or even the new "elegant" hair style. Is there any chance you can request an art person to tag these hair styles for use of female Rigelians?

Thank you, Zero and Frost! ;-)

- Hav
I am a Cheestah.
Check out my Foundry missions
Fed: "To Helna and Back", "Rema Donna", "Animations with Helna", "Mudd's Weapons", "Waiting for Wednesday", "Monolith"
KDF: "Time the Enemy", "Time the Ally", "Time the Traitor"

Last edited by thehavraha; 08-03-2013 at 04:02 AM.
Career Officer
# 2
08-03-2013, 04:21 AM
Well, I know now what my next revision to "Valley of the Shadow I" will be...

Edit/update: In fact, opening the Romulan faction and incorporating it into my mission was the last thing I needed to add before I would consider submitting this mission for Spotlighting. Among the missions I have written, this is the best candidate for a Spotlight mission, as it is a gateway not only to its own trilogy but to the Ghosts of War Fed saga in the (sort of) same continuity.

Last edited by paxfederatica; 08-03-2013 at 04:29 AM.
Rihannsu
# 3
08-03-2013, 08:11 AM
Most of the ships are in the costume editor as well.

Romulan ships and shuttles, temporal ships, suliban ship, risian corvette, tal shiar adapted ships, elachi ships (smaller ships not working right yet), andorian ship (not working right yet)

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Commander
# 4
08-03-2013, 08:49 AM
Fantastic! Also the last piece to a large idea I was working on .

As the the request list - I've seen a few of these, but do they ever get actioned on? I find it odd though so little is available, why limit the library so much?

& Rose Tinted Mirror (Fed 31+)
Captain
# 5
08-03-2013, 08:51 AM
The Romulan faction stuff is new. That is great news, although we need test toons if there are none. The other stuff discovered is, well, not exactly brand new Hav.

Great news on what looks like our ability to make Romulan missions, if we can get more than ships and npcs. On the other hand, we probably have about as much to make Romulan missions as we do to make Klingon missions, as far as maps and assets.

By the way, reskin Mugatos as squirrels. It's awesome, because well, they knock you down and well... you'll see. Squirrels love nuts.

Last edited by kirksplat; 08-03-2013 at 08:56 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
08-03-2013, 09:17 AM
Might want to wait on the champagne. Just published a test mission set to the Romulan faction. Can't find it any of my toons. I looked on a Fed Romulan, KDF Romulan, regular Fed and regular KDF (all level 50s and yes i have reviewing turned on).
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic

Last edited by drogyn1701; 08-03-2013 at 09:24 AM.
Captain
# 7
08-03-2013, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post

By the way, reskin Mugatos as squirrels. It's awesome, because well, they knock you down and well... you'll see. Squirrels love nuts.
I am now thinking of recreating the Life of Brian Scene with the white Rabit, please tell me theres a white squirrel

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
08-03-2013, 09:26 AM
It's possible that the portion of the code that allows us to mark Romulan factions is in, but not the portion of the code that allows Romulan characters to search isn't. I also fint is interesting that this didn't seem to come via patch, unless we've all just missed it since Thursday.

This is all pure speculation, but it could be that this portion was completed by the core team Frida night and pushed via the Foundry's own patching system, and the STO team hasn't had a chance to push the live portions. Only a guess nothing more.

@greendragoon
Captain
# 9
08-03-2013, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
Might want to wait on the champagne. Just published a test mission set to the Romulan faction. Can't find it any of my toons. I looked on a Fed Romulan, KDF Romulan, regular Fed and regular KDF (all level 50s and yes i have reviewing turned on).
Ok, so we have the ability to designate a mission as Romulan, but no way to test it with foundry toon or get it played by Romulans.
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
08-03-2013, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
Ok, so we have the ability to designate a mission as Romulan, but no way to test it with foundry toon or get it played by Romulans.
So it would appear. Anyone else care to do some testing to corroborate?
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic