Captain
# 1 Foundry Problems
08-03-2013, 10:15 AM
Hey Peeps,

I am starting my own foundry mission however!

When i got to play map and check its set up ok etc, it takes FOREVER to load is this normal??

Or!

Am i doing something wrong which is entirely possible since i have NEVER done foundry stuff b4

Thanks
. . . . . . . . Insert witty content. . . . . .
Commander
# 2
08-03-2013, 10:42 AM
Yeah that's normal, It's because the in-game missions are partially uploaded and on the faster servers.
Whilst the foundry missions are uploaded from scratch from the slower servers.

Well that's it in the simplest way I can describe.
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Survivor of Romulus
# 3
08-03-2013, 10:53 AM
Not exactly Ricky..

This is unfortunatly a bug which entered the foundry only couple of weeks ago.
As soon as you put one object from the library (menu on the left side) the foundry will take ages to load.

You can;
- Prevent these loading times by duplicating an object, and change it into whatever you want it to be.
- Solve long loading times with preview mode; save your mission, exit the foundry, reopen the foundry and directly opening preview mode.

Frost and others are investigating this problem.
^^ I am Stoutes, and I approve of my message ^^
Commander
# 4
08-03-2013, 11:19 AM
Yes, I call it the "time for a cup of tea" screen because the length of time I have to wait is about the same as walking to the kitchen, boiling the kettle, brewing the tea, maybe picking up a biscuit, coming back, sitting down and drinking it... plus about 5 more minutes maybe. I get quite hyped up on tea after a long foundry session....
Captain
# 5
08-03-2013, 12:06 PM
I mean foundry editor play map button
. . . . . . . . Insert witty content. . . . . .
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
08-03-2013, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by isthisscience View Post
Yes, I call it the "time for a cup of tea" screen because the length of time I have to wait is about the same as walking to the kitchen, boiling the kettle, brewing the tea, maybe picking up a biscuit, coming back, sitting down and drinking it... plus about 5 more minutes maybe. I get quite hyped up on tea after a long foundry session....
This, for some stupid reason known only to the wizards of digital incantations, adding a new object to a map from the 'right hand screen' immediately causes a MASSIVE increase in the load tine.

The work around at this time is:
1)If you are already in and experiencing this, save and complete close the client
2)log back in as normal
3)go to your map and instead of dragging a new object from the right hand side
highlight one on your map already
4)Ctrl C to copy and then Ctrl V to paste, this will make a copy of your selected object
5) on the general tab of your copied object, you can click the button with the objects
name on it and change it into any other type of object
6)preview screens will then load 'amazingly fast'

This is a work around until they fixed the <deleted> thing