Lt. Commander
# 21
01-24-2010, 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Launch may be right around the corner, but why wait even a few days to play when you can login to the Open Beta right now and keep on playing well into Tuesday?

Link to the news article.
I tried that, but I can't login now because your server is down. Maybe not the best time to post this? Whats with the announcement on the launcher where it says the open beta is extended till 6 oclock on the 26th? It was supposed to go till the 26th anyways, wasn't it? Please clarify cryptic, did you guys extend the beta by like 6 or 7 hours, or did you mean the 27th?
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-24-2010, 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSpam666
I tried that, but I can't login now because your server is down. Maybe not the best time to post this? Whats with the announcement on the launcher where it says the open beta is extended till 6 oclock on the 26th? It was supposed to go till the 26th anyways, wasn't it?
Well according to this news article by Gameaxis that was written in November says it was supposed to go to the 26th.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-24-2010, 11:38 PM
I don't understand - it says that we are being given a day extension on the open beta, but I thought it was already scheduled to end on Jan 26 - or is this a case of moving the time from say 10a PST to 6p PST, i.e. a workday but not a 24 hour day?
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-24-2010, 11:48 PM
who cares if it's on longer, yayyy
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-24-2010, 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamz
Iraqi Minister of Information says....

"This is a reward for our customers! It has nothing to do with the crashes. There have been no crashes. Never. Our developers are at home, sipping pina coladas and relaxing and not, for example, frantically hammering out bugs and sending a desperate request for an extra day of stress testing to make sure all the bugs are worked out. The Klingons, also, are completely fixed and do not have any bugs. Rumors of their PvP kit vendors being missing are lies. We have seen the kit vendors and they are functioning exactly as intended.

Also, any problems with targeting and holds in PvP are rumors spread by the infidel Blizzard team, attempting to sabotage our beautiful game. Rest assured, Klingon and PvP bugs have already been fixed internally, if there were any bugs, which there aren't.

Also, do not click on the signature links of the infidel known as 'Slamz'. His rumors of bugs and problems with Klingons are lies. If there were any bugs, we here at Cryptic would know about them, because we play Klingons every day, and that is the truth, and you know this is the truth because the Iraqi Minister of Information always tells the truth."
thank for the laugh in this down time my honorable klingon adversary.
if the Iraqi Minister of Information always tells the truth then does this mean the the infidel Blizzard team are propaganda artists and us players are in the middle of the cross fire
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-24-2010, 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepidox View Post
does anyone actually believe it is extended as a "thank you" and not just because of the sheer amount of bugs that need stomping?
Yup, I do, without a doubt.

What I do have my doubts about, is whether the majority of the users would actually submit bug reports on the last day of Open Beta, as I suspect they would rather be spending time enjoying their last moments with their characters/ships, in various crazy scenarios - perhaps boldly going where they didn't dare go before, as their characters will be wiped anyway.

With that, I say 'Thank you Cryptic', for keeping the servers up for another day and may your days up to the launch be not too stressful and may it all go off without too much of a hitch
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-24-2010, 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamz
Iraqi Minister of Information says....

"This is a reward for our customers! It has nothing to do with the crashes. There have been no crashes. Never. Our developers are at home, sipping pina coladas and relaxing and not, for example, frantically hammering out bugs and sending a desperate request for an extra day of stress testing to make sure all the bugs are worked out. The Klingons, also, are completely fixed and do not have any bugs. Rumors of their PvP kit vendors being missing are lies. We have seen the kit vendors and they are functioning exactly as intended.

Also, any problems with targeting and holds in PvP are rumors spread by the infidel Blizzard team, attempting to sabotage our beautiful game. Rest assured, Klingon and PvP bugs have already been fixed internally, if there were any bugs, which there aren't.

Also, do not click on the signature links of the infidel known as 'Slamz'. His rumors of bugs and problems with Klingons are lies. If there were any bugs, we here at Cryptic would know about them, because we play Klingons every day, and that is the truth, and you know this is the truth because the Iraqi Minister of Information always tells the truth."
made me rofl irl
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-24-2010, 11:56 PM
By my calculations it is not open longer it is closing down 6 hours sooner, yes?
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-24-2010, 11:58 PM
A Whole day would be Wednesday the 27th would it not? Is this a Typo?
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-25-2010, 12:06 AM
Yayz Moar Noms Noms