Lieutenant
Post-patch logging in, I was strolling around the galaxy in my lovely starship, when I fancied a bite to eat at my favorite dive on DS9. No problem! Just tap my trusty Transwarp button, and select the destination to take me there! But to my chagrin, the patch introduced an unexpected change to the transwarp destination descriptions.

Why were these changed? On the FED side, it is relatively insignificant, just renaming "Deep Space K-7" to "Starbase K7". (Though according to Memory Alpha it is supposed to be "Deep Space Station K-7", but I digress.) On the KDF side however, the transwarp destinations for the various sector blocks have been altered to a nebulous faction space reference: "Beta Ursae Sector Block" has been changed to "Cardassian space", "Alpha Centauri Sector Block" to "Romulan space", etc. (Not sure what happened with "the Regulus Sector Block" one.) While I've been playing long enough to know where those transwarp buttons go w/o thinking about it too much, I imagine that this might be confusing for someone who doesn't have prior knowledge of exactly where the transwarps go, especially the "Romulan space" one, since the "Tau Dewa Sector Block" could also count as Romulan space, but ultimately takes you to an entirely different location on the Galaxy map.

So back to my question: why were these changed? Seems like a case of fixing something that wasn't broken. Please change them back. Thank you.

Last edited by tylermaxwell; 07-26-2013 at 08:30 AM.
Captain
# 2
07-26-2013, 08:31 AM
/signed.
/10
Captain
# 3
07-26-2013, 09:03 AM
Signed

I rarely use the feature, but when I do I'd like to know EXACTLY where I'm going to end up.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
Career Officer
# 4
07-26-2013, 09:07 AM
<sigh> Another change for changes sake?

"If it aint broke....don't fix it" - seems this needs to be quoted more often.

I second the OP.

* The loadout wheel of fortune - Round and round it goes, what it'll remove, nobody knows! *
Cryptic Studios Team
# 5
07-31-2013, 07:59 PM
We cannot reproduce this problem, nor do we see any change in the data, nor can I repro this with my personal character on holodeck.

Is anyone else having this problem? Can anyone confirm this problem? Or are folks just "sighing" because they assume it is broken for everyone. What is the source or the Transwarp power (Excelsior, Transwarp Coil, Diplomacy Transwarp)?
Follow me on Twitter @CaptainGeko
Empire Veteran
# 6
07-31-2013, 08:16 PM
I've started seeing "the Regulus Sector Block" of late too KDF side (I guess it's the Marauding T3 CXP unlock).
Just accessing it via the transwarp button on minimap.
Dislike the forum theme? Try THIS. Dislike the STO home page? Try THIS.
Devs, need Fleet Orion Marauder and Dacoit please! :-)

Using - Sheshar, Voth Fighter Favs - Corsair, Bulwark, Mogh, Nicor, Mat'Ha
Some others - Qib, Orion Marauder, Guramba, JHEC, JAS, Bastion The rest - HERE

Last edited by eradicator84; 07-31-2013 at 08:20 PM.
Captain
# 7
07-31-2013, 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticgeko View Post
We cannot reproduce this problem
Here is a screenshoot of our figment of imagination them.

http://oi41.tinypic.com/97nx4p.jpg
Former Star Trek Online Player
Career Officer
# 8
07-31-2013, 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticgeko View Post
We cannot reproduce this problem, nor do we see any change in the data, nor can I repro this with my personal character on holodeck.

Is anyone else having this problem? Can anyone confirm this problem? Or are folks just "sighing" because they assume it is broken for everyone. What is the source or the Transwarp power (Excelsior, Transwarp Coil, Diplomacy Transwarp)?
On my KDF character -- T4 Marauding and no other Transwarp abilities -- the transwarp list is currently:

Romulan Space
Cardassian Space
Fleet Starbase System
Qo'nos
the Regulus Sector Block

Most of my Fed characters -- including those with T4 Diplomacy and Suliban Cell Ship transwarps -- see no changes other than the aforementioned K7/Starbase 39 cleanups. However, my Fleet Advanced Heavy Cruiser Retrofit list has the Eta Eridani text as "Transwarp to Eta Eridani Sector Block".

Klingon List
Fleet Excelsior Refit List
Career Officer
# 9
07-31-2013, 10:16 PM
Uh, yeah, Geko, the transwarp destinations were renamed. And whoever renamed them didn't even bother to proofread it.
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
08-01-2013, 01:04 AM
In the german localisation the destinations are more broken. The first words a cut of. Like "ernenbasis-System transwarpen" instead of "Flotten-Sternenbasis-System transwarpen" or just "Sektorblock" instead of "Tau Dewa Sektorblock".