Survivor of Romulus
# 21
08-06-2013, 12:25 PM
you want a real pain in the backside... try this face a ship with the Rom T4 Placate AND the KHG shield Placate.... you will never be able to take them out.... and if you DO manage to get them hurting (I have seen this) they pop a Anti Matter Spread and placate you again this time for 12 seconds and then they get the hell out of there

that being said before I found out how awful this is in PVP I was guilty of doing it.... well minus the Antimatter Spread, now I find myself thinking about respecting my rep traits to add more survivability and less placate to the build

but still a Fleet Ha'feh with AMS, T4 Rom Placate and Mk XII KHG shields is a very hard thing to lock down to kill
Major Xi'Zzin
I.R.W. Raptor's Claw
Storm Eagle Class Warbird Fleet Ha'feh
I have never trusted humans, and I never will
Career Officer
# 22
08-08-2013, 01:40 PM
fought a klink pug where everyone ran that thing. it made me waste almost every alpha and from some point on i just hit my spacebar to at least hit anyone ^^...
jepp.... don't run it myself and don't like it...

Klink: House of Beautiful - J'Luc/Rom: Lag Industries - D'Waste/Fed-Sci: Lag Industries - IAM
Join Date Hoster: Dec 2011 - Join Date Symbiont: 1403 A.D. and not a dull moment
PvP improvements, coming since 2010 lol
Captain
# 23
08-08-2013, 02:14 PM
I went against a Scimitar using the T4 Placate + KHG Shields + Elite Drones throwing out Scramble. That was... fun.
The first we heard of getting new PvP maps "soon" was in August of 2010. We're consistently told something will be coming with the "next" update. Absolutely nothing has come to PvP since launch.

I think it's finally time Cryptic stopped stringing us along, don't you?
Career Officer
# 24
08-08-2013, 04:13 PM
I don't mind *a* placate. It's totally valid. I just don't like the ability to stack them to the point where you're constantly having to re-target.

Maybe they should make it the same as Stealth, the more points you put into it the more useful it is, if people want to use excessive placates as a means to survive, force them to buy into it as a legitimate *thing*...
Captain
# 25
08-08-2013, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquitaine985 View Post
I don't mind *a* placate. It's totally valid. I just don't like the ability to stack them to the point where you're constantly having to re-target.

Maybe they should make it the same as Stealth, the more points you put into it the more useful it is, if people want to use excessive placates as a means to survive, force them to buy into it as a legitimate *thing*...
Well said.

The only "sacrifice" one has to make currently is more crits...

Last edited by rmy1081; 08-08-2013 at 04:21 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 26
08-10-2013, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by praxi5 View Post
I went against a Scimitar using the T4 Placate + KHG Shields + Elite Drones throwing out Scramble. That was... fun.
sounds like you ran afoul of my Scimitar before my recent respect to get away from the placate stacking I was doing.....
Major Xi'Zzin
I.R.W. Raptor's Claw
Storm Eagle Class Warbird Fleet Ha'feh
I have never trusted humans, and I never will
Career Officer
# 27
08-10-2013, 02:59 PM
This thread is funny. It's as if they don't realise how strong secondary shielding is. Both passives are exceptionally strong.
12th Fleet Are recruiting Active PvP'ers.
We have Full T5 starbase, Teamspeak and over 200 active members.

Go to Recruitment room and beam up! You'll be glad you did.
Captain
# 28
09-24-2013, 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magniacapra View Post
This thread is funny. It's as if they don't realise how strong secondary shielding is. Both passives are exceptionally strong.
500 hp to your shield is half a hit from a beam.
2 seconds of no incoming damage is easily more mitigation then that, potentially very much more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redz4tw View Post
can you say attack pattern angry forumers 3?
Empire Veteran
# 29
09-24-2013, 10:53 PM
i wish i could hate this passive to death. every fight with someone with it takes about 5 times longer then it should have.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 30
09-25-2013, 12:17 AM
Hmm, I use this combo without the AMS. I feel justified to use rom t4 + KHG shield, I would feel very exposed otherwise against double tappers. I don't have helmstrait, I usually pug etc.
Reality is WAR
KHG Klingon Honor Guard

Fear the KDF!