Captain
So, it looks like we'll be able to make Romulan missions soon enough. I'd like to ask if you guys think you could make a Romulan mission in a Romulan setting using the existing props and maps?

Example:

1. Have a full mission set on New Romulus
2. Board and Infiltrate several levels of a Tal Shiar ship
3. Infiltrate a Tal Shiar base.
4. Explore a Romulan city.

Could you make a custom Romulan interior with what we have? In other words, if they only give us ships and costumes but no additional assets like walls or maps like Romulan interiors and exteriors, could you make a Romulan mission in a Romulan setting?

Last edited by kirksplat; 08-05-2013 at 03:59 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
08-05-2013, 04:19 PM
I'm going to do something with X rom player joining something similiar to the "Typhon Pact"

I have sufficent map ideas I can use... but I would prefere to have the Romulan ship Interior before I begin.
Captain
# 3
08-05-2013, 04:45 PM
I couldn't

But i want to see somebody try

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
Captain
# 4
08-05-2013, 05:17 PM
I slapped this together just to see what it would look like to make a Romulan corridor out of the sides of buildings. Floor is top of a building. I don't think I like it very much. It took 7 buildings to make and we're limited to like 64 buildings.

It might pass as a base, but not a ship. Kind of dreary.

http://starbaseugc.com/wp-content/up...tomromulan.jpg
Career Officer
# 5
08-05-2013, 05:48 PM
You certainly couldn't make a Romulan engine room map. (In the asset request thread, I proposed an engine room without an engine, plus two different singularity-drive assets: one static, one animated. The idea is that authors can add the one they want to use, instead of having a baked-in singularity drive that may not suit the needs of the story.)

On the other hand, I already do (3) and (4) on your list in my new Fed-allied mission "Valley of the Shadow I".

Last edited by paxfederatica; 08-05-2013 at 05:52 PM.
Rihannsu
# 6
08-05-2013, 06:46 PM
I've already stated that I think we need a lot of the maps featured in the campaign, along with many of the NPCs that we've grown accustomed to as major characters.

We have Sela, Janek, and Hakeev in the Foundry. I see no reason why we couldn't have Obisek, Toreth, and D'Tan. I can reproduce a pretty good Obisek likeness, actually, but D'Tan is completely impossible -- the slider functionality required is something only aliens can get, but when you pick an alien you lack the Romulan style eyebrows you need. The male's are missing D'Tan's hairstyle. Also, more importantly, it seems that like Tovan, D'Tan has his own base complexion that is locked off from us being able to chose. Which again, means that I need a dedicated D'Tan NPC to use D'Tan in stories.

Things like this are whats' holding my Romulan story back from being possible.
I am a Cheestah.
Check out my Foundry missions
Fed: "To Helna and Back", "Rema Donna", "Animations with Helna", "Mudd's Weapons", "Waiting for Wednesday", "Monolith"
KDF: "Time the Enemy", "Time the Ally", "Time the Traitor"
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
08-05-2013, 08:53 PM
Here's a quick video of something I've been working on tonight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf43z8JVyOo

This thread got me in gear on a Romulan project. I had a half-built two-part Fed episode that I decided would work well for Romulans, and I'm in the process of converting it. One map in particular was going to take place in a shuttlebay on the player's ship. I had the floor and the lower tier of walls built in the Federation style. It was a simple matter to convert those walls to Wall - Romulan Ship 01 and continue with the rest of the build. We don't have Romulan shuttle assets, so I made it a cargo bay instead (the presence of shuttles was not integral to the plot).

Now, it isn't the cool new art they made for the expansion, but we do have a good amount of Romulan assets, nearly the same amount as what we have for Feds and Klingons, and we can build cool things with it.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
"I would rather take a chance on getting a change made to the game through positive engagement than know for sure that I got a change made by complaining" -drogyn1701, May 14, 2014.
Captain
# 8
08-06-2013, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
It might pass as a base, but not a ship. Kind of dreary.

http://starbaseugc.com/wp-content/up...tomromulan.jpg
I could see it as somekind of military instillation, perhaps even a prison of somekind, given its grim appearance

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......