Career Officer
# 1 Squirrels are not Squirrels
08-07-2013, 10:30 AM
Recently we got a cute animals update in the Foundry.

We have Epohhs, and at first I was bummed it seems we only have the holiday colored Epohhs. Oh well.

Then I thought about using Squirrels !
We got Squirrels too !
Yay Squirrels !

So, our npc and mobs that are named Squirrel, do not remotely resemble a squirrel. It would appear that the intended "squirrel" mobs and npcs have instead been filled with the normal colors for Epohhs. The Squirrels are simply recolored Epohhs.

Please don't remove the normal colored Epohhs.
But, where are the "squirrels" we were told we were getting ?
Rihannsu
# 2
08-07-2013, 01:41 PM
*barbeques Epohh*

Enh... tastes like squirrel.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Rihannsu
# 3
08-07-2013, 01:49 PM
Much like the descriptions that Zero puts under most of the NPC Contacts that are comedic, I'm pretty certain labeling the epohhs as squirrels was also supposed to be comedic. As far as the New Romulus ecology is concerned, epohhs filled the same role as squirrels. IE, they're not very important.
I am a Cheestah.
Check out my Foundry missions
Fed: "To Helna and Back", "Rema Donna", "Animations with Helna", "Mudd's Weapons", "Waiting for Wednesday", "Monolith"
KDF: "Time the Enemy", "Time the Ally", "Time the Traitor"
Cryptic Studios Team
# 4
08-07-2013, 02:30 PM
This is a case of squirrels being the original internal name for the ambient epohhs on New Romulus. We don't have any Terran squirrels in the game AFAIK. If you guys think it's a problem, I can put in a request to have the name changed.
Rihannsu
# 5
08-07-2013, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticfrost View Post
This is a case of squirrels being the original internal name for the ambient epohhs on New Romulus. We don't have any Terran squirrels in the game AFAIK. If you guys think it's a problem, I can put in a request to have the name changed.
I vote to have the name changed. While I've seen this Dev post and will likely remember should I do any Foundry work, what about new people and/or people who don't visit the forums?

If someone goes looking for Epohhs, they won't find them if they're named Squirrel. Likewise, if someone adds Squirrels (expecting Terran Squirrels) and gets Epohhs, they'll likely be bummed and/or report it as a bug, wasting everyone's time.

Things should be labeled what they are.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Rihannsu
# 6
08-08-2013, 07:05 AM
yeah I agree, the names should be changed.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 7
08-08-2013, 09:13 AM
Besides, they're more pig-faced-rabbits than squirrels...
Cryptic Studios Team
# 8
08-08-2013, 10:10 AM
I'll put a request in for a name change.
Career Officer
# 9
08-08-2013, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhavelock View Post
If someone goes looking for Epohhs, they won't find them if they're named Squirrel. Likewise, if someone adds Squirrels (expecting Terran Squirrels) and gets Epohhs, they'll likely be bummed and/or report it as a bug, wasting everyone's time.

Things should be labeled what they are.

Kind of the point of the thread.
Add mine to the votes to rename the things and in the future label things properly, with obvious wiggle room for the trademark humor of people adding stuff into the library.
But at least name mobs and assets what species they actually are.
That seems a no brainer in my world.

Quote:
Thanks, man. I know it seems a little thing, but it just makes for a screwy search when half your epohh mobs are labelled on thing and half are labelled another. It's just needlessly confusing.

Last edited by hippiejon; 08-08-2013 at 10:18 AM.
Rihannsu
# 10
08-08-2013, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Groovy. Thanks!

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.