Lt. Commander
Usually when STO patches, it will update the gameclient EXE, which means your firewall will (usually) have to ask you permission to let it connect to the internet if you don't remember to set the firewall to Allow the gameclient.exe to connect beforehand. However, since the big patch, when this usually happens for me, it's a big black screen that I have no way of exiting to desktop from, so I have to blindly click around where my firewall's popup dialogue would be or reset the machine if I don't click in the right place.

Is there a way around this? No keyboard command or my mouse's document flip could get me out of the black screen.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-25-2010, 05:36 AM
my firewall does exactly the same thing. it will popup a dialogue box behind any game asking the "do you want this program to.. blahh blah..." normaly its possible to alt tab back to the desktop the same as anyother program but ive found once or twice that ive had to use the ctrl+alt+del and select task manager which may kick the desktop to the front if not select task manager, applications tab and select the popup and use the switch to button.

you could also always use alt+f4 to kill STO then accept the dialogue or use task manager to kill STO
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-25-2010, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFN View Post
Usually when STO patches, it will update the gameclient EXE (...)
You're forgetting the most important parts. It updates the bin files. Iin this case, Cryptic uses hogg files (most likely HOgg compressed Ogg files on a *nix system files, or some other proprietary compression for files since Cryptic used pigg files in CoH, etc.). These are located in the /Live/piggs folder and are more important than the small executable used to run the client.