Captain
# 1 Cant put on active duty a doof
12-13-2013, 02:31 PM
Im really lost and i am losing my mind bit a bit lol.

Im trying to complete the assignment chain Caitian Diaspora. I am in the last chain, but everytime im going to plan the assignment, it keep saying to me that i have a required duty officer equipped. So i go to my duty officers roster, i need an explosives expert i have 1 extra, so im going to try to put him on active duty, and it keeps telling me that duty officer cant be on active duty on ground tasks at this time. In first place, that duty officer is tagged as (space) so i dont understand.

Maybe is because the game believes that duty officer is for ground tasks and not space, when the doff is tagged as space?? maybe is because i bought that doff in the exchange??

When the game tells you "that duty officer cant be on ground/space tasks at this time" what does that exactly mean??

ideas??
Career Officer
# 2
12-13-2013, 02:36 PM
You have 5 officers that are slated to be on active space and 5 more on active ground duty on your roster. Once a Doff (not a doof, that's short for doofus where I come from, lol) is put on active duty, either in space or on ground, they cannot be used for run-of-the-mill assignments... ALSO, once a Duty officer is being used in an assignment, they are not available to be put on active ground or space duty. Basically, they cannot multitask. It's assignments for the reserve roster, or active duty for space/ground, but not both...

Also, a Doff marked as [Ground] cannot be put on active [Space] duty, and vice versa. Each person has a specialty and things they can or cannot do.

If everything else checks out, perhaps a bug has been found...

CM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwelaughingtrendy
Virtually our virtuous captains are victorious over vicious Undine vessels from viscous space.
Captain
# 3
12-14-2013, 06:36 AM
That was not the case. I had 4 active on ground and 4 active on space. And i only had 3 active doffs from the operations category.

I know how doff assignments work, it is just i didnt have any idea why the game keeps blocking the use of another explosives expert. It looks like i had already 3 exlosives expert on active duty, and it will not let me to have another one until one of the others ended the assignment.

I just needed to wait all my assignments to end, just in case, and then i finally completed the assignment chain. I still dont know exactly what was the problem, but as i said, i think you can only have 3 doffs of the same specific category active at the same time.. ...
Career Officer
# 4
12-14-2013, 09:02 AM
Oh, yes... I forgot to include that in my initial post. Sorry...

I, for instance, am running an A2B beam boat with DEM. I'm only allowed 3 Technicians (one purple and two blues atm) in my group of 5 space Doffs, so I include a Marion and another that buffs my Sci Team...

THERE IS, HOWEVER, something I noticed in the fleet spire! If a fleet gets their fleet spire up to a Tier 1, there is a chance to purchase a 6th Doff slot for both space and ground, bringing our total to 6 available Doff Active Duty spots. This would be great, as you could set 3 of each of your choice and be maxed for both...

CM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwelaughingtrendy
Virtually our virtuous captains are victorious over vicious Undine vessels from viscous space.
Career Officer
# 5
12-14-2013, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgecrysger View Post
Im really lost and i am losing my mind bit a bit lol.

Im trying to complete the assignment chain Caitian Diaspora. I am in the last chain, but everytime im going to plan the assignment, it keep saying to me that i have a required duty officer equipped. So i go to my duty officers roster, i need an explosives expert i have 1 extra, so im going to try to put him on active duty, and it keeps telling me that duty officer cant be on active duty on ground tasks at this time. In first place, that duty officer is tagged as (space) so i dont understand. ...
If a Doff is being used for 'Active' duty, they cannot be assigned to Doff assignments...

Take the Doff OFF OF ACTIVE DUTY, and you should be able to assign him to a mission

And it is not possible to assign a Doff to 'Active Duty' is he is currently working on a Doff assignment...

You also need to check if the Doff in question is from the same faction (Fed/KDF) as you are, as its easy enough to buy one off of the Exchange of the wrong faction...

Last edited by grouchyotaku; 12-14-2013 at 09:42 AM.
Captain
# 6
12-15-2013, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crm14916 View Post

THERE IS, HOWEVER, something I noticed in the fleet spire! If a fleet gets their fleet spire up to a Tier 1, there is a chance to purchase a 6th Doff slot for both space and ground, bringing our total to 6 available Doff Active Duty spots. This would be great, as you could set 3 of each of your choice and be maxed for both...

CM
, this is really interesting.. xD, thanks for the tip i will check it out, and hurry up my fleet captains to raise tha spire!!.