Lieutenant
# 111 tyler durden
08-19-2013, 05:49 PM
admittedly i have only had a few matches in TD but they were all well organized and very close matches I reccomend joining this channel if you hate waiting in pvp q for ages and your are sick of pug stomping or being stomped by a premade in the q

Gorn of the dead

hfkbg
Career Officer
# 112 Tal
08-27-2013, 04:09 AM
I just finished 2 or three matches after being invited by a fellow player who also enjoyed their fleet ambassador. I have not, in a long time, had that much fun in pvp matches. The matches were mostly balance, they were orderly and fun, and I honestly felt that my engineer actually had a place of usefulness on the team. These were very close too, at least within 5 points of one another.

Officially my favorite channel, no ego no drama. Just chillax and pew pew, with some jokes on the side.

Thanks guys for an awesome night.
<a href=http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5 target=_blank>http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5</a>
Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE
Captain
# 113
08-27-2013, 09:15 PM
I can persuade my fleetmates to join the channel tomorrow, so some CSIs will fight with you guys

Nice idea anyway
| CSI - Confederazione Stellare Italiana | @NandoPC |
Captain
# 114
08-27-2013, 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
It is funny though that at times I see someone setting up a TD match... and its quite... and 5 min later someone in Opvp asked for people to X up for a pug stomp and it fills in 30s flat. lol I guess there just mark farming.
Or they want to be able to compete against other pugmades/premades/fleets that are most likely in the queues. I don't understand why you would help build up team oriented pvp with one hand and knock it down with the other. There's no need to insult people that are using OPvP for what it is meant for. Why not challenge them to a match with some TD'ers instead of chastise them? Also, not everyone that is in OPvP is in Tyler Durden, so it's more than likely that most of them did not see the message in TD.
----
@DevolvedOne

Last edited by skurf; 08-27-2013 at 11:43 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 115
08-28-2013, 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skurf View Post
Or they want to be able to compete against other pugmades/premades/fleets that are most likely in the queues. I don't understand why you would help build up team oriented pvp with one hand and knock it down with the other. There's no need to insult people that are using OPvP for what it is meant for. Why not challenge them to a match with some TD'ers instead of chastise them? Also, not everyone that is in OPvP is in Tyler Durden, so it's more than likely that most of them did not see the message in TD.
I was around for the said event. We had almost a full group in queue and on TS. The message was sent to OPVP and other channels. As soon as the message came in OPVP for a pugstomp the x's came flying in.

That is the issue with PVP. Everyone wants quick and easy kills to feel special instead of challenging themselves.
-X-/Pandas - Pheo
Captain
# 116
08-28-2013, 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skurf View Post
Its simple TD is for players NOT fleets... if you want to bring a 5 man premade team into TD you don't really get the point.

When we form games in TD we pretty much always ask if anyone wants to come along in Opvp... we invite anyone that comes that isn't in TD to join the channel afterwards of course.

It does sadden me that you don't seem to understand the point of TD.... you are not your fleet, you are not your premade. I didn't make that comment to offend anyone... but frankly the teams I see forming are almost never forming to fight other 5 man teams... they are forming to que up... if there really is another team in the ques... why are both parties not using Opvp for its intended purpose and skipping the que completely ?

Hope you guys pop in for some more TD style matches in the future. You don't need 5... if there are just a few of you that jump in it really doesn't matter... we balance out the matches so we can all enjoy some pvp... enjoy shooting at each other for awhile... and honestly do a little bonding over some STO pvp... I don't care if your NC or Panda or Lag 12th or any other fleet... we are all players and setting up TD matches is more fun then all the hyper EGO bs 5 man junk that most of the pvp base in this game has been doing for far to long.

Last edited by antoniosalieri; 08-28-2013 at 12:31 AM.
Captain
# 117
08-28-2013, 12:34 AM
Just a request Husanak, are we allowed to ask if there is a team available to fight instead of pug smashing in TD?

The queues are either feast of kills or being pug stompped. Not much fun at all. And poco, hmmmmm...
Captain
# 118
08-28-2013, 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naz4 View Post
Just a request Husanak, are we allowed to ask if there is a team available to fight instead of pug smashing in TD?

The queues are either feast of kills or being pug stompped. Not much fun at all. And poco, hmmmmm...
There are no real rules in TD... if you have 5 people in TD and want to fight a team from Opvp of course feel free... I just hope that the majority of people understand what it is I wanted to start with TD.... and keep the majority of what happens in TD in the fight club everyone comes everyone fights line of thinking.

If we end up just being another channel for 5 man premades to find other 5 man premades well what is the point really... where not trying to be Opvp2.
Captain
# 119
08-28-2013, 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
There are no real rules in TD... if you have 5 people in TD and want to fight a team from Opvp of course feel free... I just hope that the majority of people understand what it is I wanted to start with TD.... and keep the majority of what happens in TD in the fight club everyone comes everyone fights line of thinking.

If we end up just being another channel for 5 man premades to find other 5 man premades well what is the point really... where not trying to be Opvp2.
I think opvp lost it's meaning a long time ago..... Now it's just a social brag parlour so to speak.. Proof: Look at people online in the channel and then compare it to the queues or look at whose chatting and see who is actually spewing.

One thing I really like about the channel is the lack of bs and the freshness of the attitudes in it. Everyone is just their for a good fight

Last edited by naz4; 08-28-2013 at 01:38 AM.
Commander
# 120
08-28-2013, 09:07 AM
Joined channel late last night. Looking forward to a match. Thanks for setting up this channel, sounds great.

A couple favorite TD quotes:

"You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your ****ing khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world."

"I see in fight club the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy **** we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off."

"In the world I see - you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway."