Lt. Commander
# 131
09-02-2013, 03:31 AM
Good fights out of this channel tonight.

Also, somebody said "Is somebody Hilberting this?" which made me think: 1. Hilbert is now a verb. 2. The scene where they're gonna cut off Tyler's balls and the one guy says "Is somebody timing this?"
Captain
# 132
09-02-2013, 05:04 AM
Husanak, you back or what? I miss shooting you down

Zenith does a good job of mixing it up. Once we familiarise ourselves with participants a lot more, I'm sure it will only get better and better.

Team comms is provided as well for those who choose.

Might be a good place to make numbers up when we do inter fleet PvP if allowed.....
aka NazHuggyBear2

"No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." - Sprinkles
Career Officer
# 133
09-02-2013, 11:42 PM
Hi, I was searching for pvp channels tonight on sto and I didnt find anything at all, except opvp. Who is tyler durden? is this some kind of exclusive in-club? I guess I just cant make the connection between the name of a fictional character from a 15 year old cult classic film, and player vs player matches in Star Trek online.

Oh wait, I suppose I couldnt even find this channel. - This is an opvp overflow isnt it? - Is there a Single Member in this channel that isnt a member of OPVP? What is the point?

Name it something that can be found and accessed by people who arent in OPVP and it will become something special and different then OPVP. Until then, its just an OPVP clone, populated by opvp'ers, who might as well just stay in opvp for all the difference it makes.
Captain
# 134
09-02-2013, 11:54 PM
You have obviously never been around when we are running matches... no it is not an opvp clone... no it is not redundant.

Organizing anything in Opvp frankly is a bit of a joke... so much cross talk its not even funny.

Opvp is fine for what it is.

TD is not EGO... it is not for Premade Fleet matches... It is not for Teams to form up and go infect the ques.

It is for people who are willing to to take a little more time and create matches with the intention of in fact having some actual honest good pvp. Most matches I have been involved in have ended with scores like 15 14... 15 14 ... 15 13. Rarely are they not that close... and people in fact have a good time shooting at as well as together with friends. I know from friends that matches go on when I'm not around and when they do everyone involved becomes a believer in the channel.

Once you have a chance to play in a TD match you will get it... until then you are simply not informed.

As far as naming it something else... no I won't name it a Opvp clone name... sorry RandomOpvp is out... PvP XYXYX is OUT.

The people that find the channel pass it on... we are not shooting to have 3000 people subbed that do nothing but squabble all day. Where around 200 members now and things are fine thanks.

PS the character is from the 1996 Chuck Palahniuk book titled fight club... and ya the 1999 movie was a good adaptation.
Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.

Last edited by antoniosalieri; 09-02-2013 at 11:57 PM.
Career Officer
# 135
09-03-2013, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
You have obviously never been around when we are running matches... no it is not an opvp clone... no it is not redundant.
I joined the channel the other day, and recommended it to a fleet mate who was trying out PvP but feeling a bit outclassed in the public queues. Whenever I've clicked over to see what you're up to though, I haven't seen anything happening. Bad timing I guess, or maybe people were busy over the holiday weekend (I just sat around and ground Omega marks and worked on my gear for 3 days ). Is there a certain time of day when the TDers are more likely to be forming matches?
Captain
# 136
09-03-2013, 09:31 AM
Is this channel invites-only or public?
Career Officer
# 137
09-03-2013, 09:41 AM
This channel is great, losing a match 13-6 and won it 15-13, amazing teamwork and to claw a victory out of the jaws of defeat, epic really, and the best thing, no cheese.

+1 To Zenith making up teams
Now found frequenting MWO short term and then Star Citizen long term. Raged Quit PVP long ago
- Gohan (House of Beautiful /Sad Pandas)
Captain
# 138
09-03-2013, 09:49 AM
Hopefully we'll get to the point where we've got enough people for these matches that we won't need to hit the public queues at all

Most fun I've had in STO in a looooooong time.
The first we heard of getting new PvP maps "soon" was in August of 2010. We're consistently told something will be coming with the "next" update. Absolutely nothing has come to PvP since launch.

I think it's finally time Cryptic stopped stringing us along, don't you?
Career Officer
# 139
09-03-2013, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwave85 View Post
Is there a certain time of day when the TDers are more likely to be forming matches?
As you are now a TDer, you have the power to form matches!

Sometimes it just takes a bit of initiative to get the ball rolling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drake122svk View Post
Is this channel invites-only or public?
To my knowledge it is currently a publicly open channel.

Captain
# 140
09-03-2013, 01:27 PM
The channel is public and all are free to join.

/channel_join Tyler Durden

That should do it... you can also go into your chat settings and type the Channel name into the join window.

As Razor pointed out Its not a name that is likely to gain us 100s of people looking to loose matches for Dilihtium. (funny story first few days of the channel I had a few PMs from people asking me if it was a D farming PvP channel... didn't even know those existed before).

As for matches not always going on... yes its true the channel is quite for large portions of the day. Starting TD matches takes some work... you can't just que up. You have to in fact start them up.

LF9M 5x5 Cracked X

Something to that effect needs to be used just as if it was a STF PvE Channel. Someone needs to start a match, invite... and after everyone is in it is likely best if one person asks for Ship Types / Captain types... and then starts moving people around.

I know its a lot more work then just quing up... or even forming 5 mans in Opvp to que up.... but the reward is worth it.

We have had a handful of very dedicated people the first few weeks. Zenith has been the channels biggest booster so far... I know he starts matches most nights he isn't on till what would be pretty late in North America though... everyone is free of course to start matches.

Sometimes it will be quite that is to be expected though we are around the 200 member mark now... please use Opvp as well to announce a match starting up if the channel isn't busy enough to grab 10 people. Just let them know its a TD match.

LF5M 5x5 Cracked TD Match X ...... something like that. I know many people have joined TD after being invited from Opvp for a match. (just a note though if you ask for people in Opvp careful not to invite people Xing up for Pug stompings.... lol)
Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.

Last edited by antoniosalieri; 09-03-2013 at 01:30 PM.