Captain
# 31
08-08-2013, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post
I'm not going to stop playing with my friends (nor bend them to the will of the lazy), because other people can't be arsed to use OPvP to make a team.
You guys are more then welcome to join Tyler Durden.

Join and be ready to have your teams split up though... the idea is to have GOOD matches... I don't mind shooting at my friends when its a good fun match. I don't mind my friends blowing me up either.

Did I complain about you guys in the ques earlier... ya I likely did... as you said putting a team together at what is 3-4AM central US time is almost impossible. So I came up with something better.

While you guys where stomping Mark farmers... I had 4 fantastic matches almost 2 hours of non stop pvp... my fingers where sore for a good hour after that. lol

Join TD... trust me you guys will all be better players after a few days of real matches.

Of course you should still team as a premade and get good premade matches going... seriosuly though don't claim you guys are looking for games... I didn't see you guys post any premades on the entire night... but ran into full 5 mans in the ques a couple times. lol

I am not saying people shouldn't play together and have fun playing the game. I am saying adjust your playstyle a bit to help grow this community. Come into TD this weekend guys... have fun with 1-2 of you on one team and 1-2 of you on the other with a mix of other new and vet players... try your best to even up your teams and you will all learn and grow as players... never mind the hours of actual fun you will have.

I have been in your guys shoes... Crtiz ran the ques for a few months solid... and looking back it was a terrible idea... 90% of those guys don't play anymore cause they got so board of the game they couldn't handle it anymore. I wish I had started this then... perhaps Herb Fallout Simon RickeyB and the rest of the Crtiz boys would still be logging in.
/channel_join Tyler Durden
Captain
# 32
08-08-2013, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716 View Post
while i love this idea i do have my reservations and see it as others have stated, its such a shame the ingame chat channels dont allow "sub channels" to branch off of the main channels like how ventrillo or teamspeak do.

this would solve so many issues imo...
Is it really such a big deal... I have OrganizedPvP subbed... I have TD subbed... and 12 other ones as well.

They are colour coded... no big deal really.

I am not asking anyone to leave OrganizedPvP... its a great channel and it has become more of the PvP hub then the actual Organized match channel sadly.

It should however and of course always will be in STO the channel for premades to find other premades for challange matches.

This new one is and should be less formal... its for anyone to come in find a match... and with a little work before the game starts we will even it up as best we can so that the matches are as good as possible. I would imagine lots of new players will learn fast... returning vets will sharpen back up faster... and heck perhaps some of us will make a few new friends... seeing is all we do anymore is team with the same 5-10 people in our fleets.

I get it 100 other people have tried to start the Kill Organized PvP channel... that is NOT at all the intention of this.

If this goes the way I am hoping it will... by the of this weekend we will have 200 or so people in the channel and we will be seeing....
LF3M 5x5 Cracked X
Popping up in there though out the day... with people duking it out.

If we can get a good following... I'll start doing weekend lethal lottos and stuff in there...
I don't want all that type of stuff stepping all over the organized pvp channel... as it is Opvp scrolls so fast on my screen half the time I miss entire conversations. lol
/channel_join Tyler Durden
Career Officer
# 33
08-08-2013, 08:39 AM
If this proves popular, i'll consider joining it. But as it stands, OPvP does all of this for me. Why should I change when we already have a chat channel most of the community seems to be in? if it ain't broke, why try and fix it.

As for the queues being dead, I disagree. Sure, you get the odd premade who are too stupid or too scared to advertise their existence or jump a few TS's to find another group to fight, but I still don't see where all this farmer crap is coming from. The only person I see AFKing in the queues these days is Star Dagger, and that's pretty normal.

Last edited by aquitaine985; 08-08-2013 at 08:44 AM.
Commander
# 34
08-08-2013, 09:11 AM
Slightly off topic, but in general I've seen a lot of people saying things like "I never see Aceton Assimilators" or, more to the point, "I never see farmers/afkers". When I took a break from PvP a few months ago every match started one person short on the Fed side, without fail. From there one was AFK leaving Fed side short two people. Then a third person either suicided or quit. Now that I'm back it's more of the same. Most of the time when I queue I do so solo, I sign up for any game and unless my finger slips it's always FvK because I worry about gorn getting bored (<3 <3).

For the last match of the night I joined an FvK Cap and Hold that started with 2 Feds v 3 KDF. The other Fed never left the spawn.

I know experiences vary but there is no way I can have such awful luck that I'm the only person seeing these things.

But when people claim that they don't see the farmers I have to wonder what game they are playing, and also, can I play?
# 35
08-08-2013, 09:37 AM
I like the concept, and will join as soon as the server comes back up...

Question; what criteria do you use to level the teams?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
Community Moderator
# 36
08-08-2013, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny111971 View Post
A very relevant question, I think.

Honestly, if the PvP queues used some kind of leaderboard system to at least attempt to match people up according to level and skill I would have more interest in PvP than I do now.

As it is, we'll see if Cryptic decides to do anything to revitalize PvP.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Career Officer
# 37
08-08-2013, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny111971 View Post

Hopefully he will line you up and organize you according to the amount of muscular definition of your torsos as well as the intensity of light reflectance from the oils on your skin.
Captain
# 38
08-08-2013, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
Hopefully he will line you up and organize you according to the amount of muscular definition of your torsos as well as the intensity of light reflectance from the oils on your skin.
how much of a factor is shiny/oiled muscle skin?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Empire Veteran
# 39
08-08-2013, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
So basically you are saying that he will...pump *clap and point* you up!

Captain
# 40
08-08-2013, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
Of course you should still team as a premade and get good premade matches going... seriosuly though don't claim you guys are looking for games... I didn't see you guys post any premades on the entire night... but ran into full 5 mans in the ques a couple times. lol
Why would you say this when you (I assume you are Husanak...if you're not...then um disregard this post) responded to me multiple times when I was asking for a match. I asked if you wanted to take the best from your Fight Club matches and challenge us. You refused even though you had plenty of seasoned veterans that would have been able to put up a good fight. Then later you suggested Shift's team fight against my team even though we were on the same team, which I guess you didn't realize, but it only goes to prove that you were aware that both of us were looking for a team to fight.

I posted more than half a dozen times looking for a team to fight last night as I do every night when I'm on a full team so don't post this nonsense about us not looking or wanting to fight another premade when through your own interaction with us you knew good-and-well we were looking for a team to fight. Regulus did the same thing last night claiming all we do is pug-stomp, but I particularly remember fighting against his premade last weekend in a private challenge match.

You guys need to stop making up stories and instead of complaining about us hitting the queues with our friends/fleetmates, form up a team to challenge us. We're on almost every Saturday afternoon (U.S.)/evening (Euro) fighting premades all day and we're sometimes on at night (U.S.) during the weekdays.

With all of that said, I do like your idea for this Fight Club. When I'm not playing with friends/fleetmates I'll definitely stop by and see if I can't get into a pick-up game.
----
@DevolvedOne