Lieutenant
# 41
08-08-2013, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skurf View Post
Why would you say this when you (I assume you are Husanak...if you're not...then um disregard this post) responded to me multiple times when I was asking for a match. I asked if you wanted to take the best from your Fight Club matches and challenge us. You refused even though you had plenty of seasoned veterans that would have been able to put up a good fight. Then later you suggested Shift's team fight against my team even though we were on the same team, which I guess you didn't realize, but it only goes to prove that you were aware that both of us were looking for a team to fight.

I posted more than half a dozen times looking for a team to fight last night as I do every night when I'm on a full team so don't post this nonsense about us not looking or wanting to fight another premade when through your own interaction with us you knew good-and-well we were looking for a team to fight. Regulus did the same thing last night claiming all we do is pug-stomp, but I particularly remember fighting against his premade last weekend in a private challenge match.

You guys need to stop making up stories and instead of complaining about us hitting the queues with our friends/fleetmates, form up a team to challenge us. We're on almost every Saturday afternoon (U.S.)/evening (Euro) fighting premades all day and we're sometimes on at night (U.S.) during the weekdays.

With all of that said, I do like your idea for this Fight Club. When I'm not playing with friends/fleetmates I'll definitely stop by and see if I can't get into a pick-up game.
The tells I was getting in broken english from nemo last night after he complained about my build after those couple c&h against your guys 4-5man were pretty hilarious. 13 is a tough age though, I'm sure he'll grow out of it.

http://i.imgur.com/uSTrWnr.jpg

Last edited by highlet; 08-08-2013 at 01:01 PM.
Career Officer
# 42
08-08-2013, 01:08 PM
Quote:
You guys need to stop making up stories...
This is very good advice for everyone.

I wish everyone would take this to heart before posting or repeating things on the forums.

Food for thought, for all of us.

Captain
# 43
08-08-2013, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlet View Post
The tells I was getting in broken english from nemo last night after he complained about my build after those couple c&h against your guys 4-5man were pretty hilarious. 13 is a tough age though, I'm sure he'll grow out of it.

http://i.imgur.com/uSTrWnr.jpg
Yes, I've talked to him about his attitude before. He is a bit emotional/impulsive/rude at times, and that's just how he is, but I would rather him not be that way when fighting with Nova Core and I've told him as much. Let's just say it's a work in progress.
----
@DevolvedOne
Lt. Commander
# 44 You need to wake up!
08-08-2013, 01:29 PM
The original poster is full of it. What you NEED TO DO is learn how to use Organizedpvp as Ninjaboy originally intended for it to be used. If you can't get a fleet team together. Form an opvpmade. Don't sit here and act all victimized like premades prey on the weak and innocent. You are a competent and knowledgeable player. I suggest you captain your own opvpmade when you know premades are in the queues. Kax does it. I do it. Bleeps does it. Why can't you do it?

And instead of suggesting its somehow an entire fleets responsibility to baby sit players who prefer to play pick up groups. Maybe if you are frustrated so much about pugging when a premade is in the queue you should form your team and make it YOUR responsibility to challenge the team in the queues. Fleets are not obligated to NOT play in the public queue. They have the same rights as any other player who queues up.

I side with Hilbert. Who the hell in their right mind wants to play on a team with useless players who care more about themselves than the other 4 players they're paired with? Fleet mate, friend, or competent opvp player. I'd rather play with those players than some random selfish someone I don't know only out to kirk his night away. Premades are NOT the problem. Its players who cry and do nothing when they are in the queues. Invite these so called "victimized" pugs to opvp then. Invite them to team. Queue with them. Give them advice on what they can do better. Compliment them on what they can do well. We can grow this community through organizing more teams in the queues. Not by segregating them in "fight clubs" as if you can some how do it better than what opvp has been doing for 3 years. Or by banishing them all to private matches never to be seen or heard from again. You'll get out of opvp what you put into it. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Let no other player discourage you from what you believe you can achieve in PvP. Though you may walk alone through looming shadows of doubt cast upon you by your enemies. Forge your heart with iron casting its shape out of only your pure will to push forward. You will not be denied eventually.

Last edited by tripwire690; 08-08-2013 at 01:33 PM.
Lieutenant
# 45
08-08-2013, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Yes, I've talked to him about his attitude before. He is a bit emotional/impulsive/rude at times, and that's just how he is, but I would rather him not be that way when fighting with Nova Core and I've told him as much. Let's just say it's a work in progress.
Haha no worries man. Usually enjoy games against nc guys. Good fights
Captain
# 46
08-08-2013, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwire690 View Post
The original poster is full of it. What you NEED TO DO is learn how to use Organizedpvp as Ninjaboy originally intended for it to be used. If you can't get a fleet team together. Form an opvpmade. Don't sit here and act all victimized like premades prey on the weak and innocent. You are a competent and knowledgeable player. I suggest you captain your own opvpmade when you know premades are in the queues. Kax does it. I do it. Bleeps does it. Why can't you do it?

And instead of suggesting its somehow an entire fleets responsibility to baby sit players who prefer to play pick up groups. Maybe if you are frustrated so much about pugging when a premade is in the queue you should form your team and make it YOUR responsibility to challenge the team in the queues. Fleets are not obligated to NOT play in the public queue. They have the same rights as any other player who queues up.

I side with Hilbert. Who the hell in their right mind wants to play on a team with useless players who care more about themselves than the other 4 players they're paired with? Fleet mate, friend, or competent opvp player. I'd rather play with those players than some random selfish someone I don't know only out to kirk his night away. Premades are NOT the problem. Its players who cry and do nothing when they are in the queues. Invite these so called "victimized" pugs to opvp then. Invite them to team. Queue with them. Give them advice on what they can do better. Compliment them on what they can do well. We can grow this community through organizing more teams in the queues. Not by segregating them in "fight clubs" as if you can some how do it better than what opvp has been doing for 3 years. Or by banishing them all to private matches never to be seen or heard from again. You'll get out of opvp what you put into it. Nothing more. Nothing less.
Not everyone is interested in Opvp pugmades, sometimes even random pugs are better then the pugmades I run into and beat sometimes. Forming Opvp pugmade doesn't really give you a chance against dedicated premades, it just lets them feel like they aren't pugstomping when they pretty much are almost doing the same thing. I rather pug, kerrat, or use this channel instead if not enough of my fleet is PVPing at the time. So no the op is not full of it he has a great idea, also it lets us get around segregated Fed/KDF queues.
Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
Captain
# 47
08-08-2013, 02:35 PM
I don't play this game to stroke anyones ego... or beat on them... I play to play.

Devolved one... yes I admit I was confused last night for some reason I didn't think you where Noca Core... my bad. Yes you asked me to fight earlier its true... still didn't see shift who I assume was your wing commander leader what ever Feds call themselves asking in Opvp at all.

Which according to him is where you should be doing such things.

Not to hurt your feelings guys... but the Channel idea is NOT about you.

For the record last night I DID invite you guys to come play... however I explained we where not looking for premade vs premade fights... but that you where welcome to come and do the mix match stuff with us. We where a bunch of guys just playing we didn't have a sci and I was n't about to ask someone to switch to there sci sci toon... and try to theory craft a perfect team before we fought you. You where free to join us and we would have mixed it up so each side had a semi equal number of Sci and a tac spike and heals... and been more then happy to go at it.... Heck if there eneded up being more then 10 of us we could have made it a 6v6 or 7v7 if we had needed to.

In any event I hope you guys join the new channel... don't unsub from Opvp... sub to both.. I hope you buy into the idea... cause more good players will make for more good matches... as well I think both Devolved and Shift would be good at eyeing up there matches and making sure they are as balanced as possible.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Captain
# 48
08-08-2013, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
A very relevant question, I think.

Honestly, if the PvP queues used some kind of leaderboard system to at least attempt to match people up according to level and skill I would have more interest in PvP than I do now.

As it is, we'll see if Cryptic decides to do anything to revitalize PvP.
Leaderboards aren't really needed to setup good close matches.

We ran a bunch last night and they where all super close... and went for long times, ending in scores like 15 13... its not because they where long heal fest boring matches either... both sides where just well balanced.

To answer the question you where answering... it really isn't hard to balance a challange match. Once everyone is in the challange match window all that has to be made clear is who is playing what role.

1) Sci balance.... simply ensure this is as balanced as possible. Don't start a match where one side has 4 sci and the other side has none.

2) Tac balance... again don't start a match with one side having 3 bug ships and the other side being all cruisers.

3) healer balance... again don't throw 2 tholian cariers and a couple engi cruisers on one team.

4) Vet / Newer player balance... its my hope that a good number of vet / fleet premade players ect join up as well as many newer players. I don't think its to hard for someone to be honest and say hey I'm a bit newer to this... and for the people in the match to NOT start a match with a team of 5 new players vs 5 Fleeted up Hard Core long time pvpers.

I know not every match we start in there will be perfect... but come on it will be better then the que matching which 95% of the time is terrible. Also hale is right the ques still start matches with 4 on 5s or 3 and 4s... or there is that one guy that doesn't load in for the first 5min... most of that stuff won't happen.
Captain
# 49
08-08-2013, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwire690 View Post
Careful what you wish for Trip... the Critz boys might get sick of Big walking robots and Warplanes. lol

Frankly Trip... the Opvp bug making... and the fleet running of the ques at all hours of the day is part of the problem right now. It hurts pvp uptake... have you ever talked to one of the new kids pugging ?

I don't mean responding to there "haxors" calls in zone... I mean in fact PMing them after a match and talking to them.

I see plenty of people every day pvping that I assume are afking for marks... after talking to some of them I realize... there just frustrated. Some matches they try... some they give up on.

I am not trying to blame you or any other one person Shift... we are ALL GUILTY of it.

You know I'm just as bad... I have done the same with SOG and Grethor and Critz teams... In fact I remember you going off more then once in OrganizedPvP after having to face us more then a hanful of times in an evening.

I am not asking you to stop teaming up and playing... I'm simply asking you guys to take a step back now and then... ask a few of those new kids to join both Opvp and TD... and come in and run some TD style fight club matches. I know you will have fun... I know everyone will improve player wise. I also 100% believe you guys will have an easier time finding premade matches... as you will befriend people from other fleets you meet at fight club.

Don't be all defensive Shift... Join the channel please you would be a great add.
Captain
# 50
08-08-2013, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
I don't play this game to stroke anyones ego... or beat on them... I play to play.

Devolved one... yes I admit I was confused last night for some reason I didn't think you where Noca Core... my bad. Yes you asked me to fight earlier its true... still didn't see shift who I assume was your wing commander leader what ever Feds call themselves asking in Opvp at all.

Which according to him is where you should be doing such things.
There was no need for him or anyone else on our team to ask since I was asking. I was also asking in TRH's public chat and Sad Panda Cubs public chat to no avail as well as checking my friend's list to see if anyone had a premade.

Quote:
Not to hurt your feelings guys... but the Channel idea is NOT about you.
I realize this, and that's fine- my feelings aren't hurt . Like I said, I like your idea and you'll probably be seeing me in there when I don't have a team, however I doubt we'll be splitting up our team to join because it is better for us to practice target calling, subnukes, switching and stuff with each other, and we are continuously trying to bring in more Nova Core members into the PvP fold. When we do this, we would rather play with each other so we get to know each other's style, accents, methodology, and be able to help fleetmates that may not have played in premades before, which we wouldn't be able to do if we split up, and this is why we didn't split up to join your Fight Club last night.

BTW, is Noca Core some kinda knock on our fleet (I think I saw you say it last night too)? If so, I don't get it.
----
@DevolvedOne