Career Officer
I've brought this up before but it's never been dealt with. I honestly don't have an answer here.

EVERY time there's a new patch the game stops responding during load-in. Sometimes I get to the LoR screen, but not always.

I have the game minimized so I can read things while I wait for the needlessly long load. I've noticed that the game HAS to be the dominant window (preventing me from doing anything else) in order to load. That is, assuming it doesn't stop responding.

Also, after yesterday's patch my game icon changed to the generic desktop shortcut icon. It was also renamed -- WITH MY PASSWORD. Near as I can tell I haven't been hacked. I think PWE just doesn't give a ****.

Really -- I've brought this up previously. I literally have to log into the game about 10 times before PWE decides to let me play again. They never cared enough to give me any explanation or offered any assistance to fix it. And YES, I submitted a bug report...which they ignored. Like that's a surprise.

I've done everything I can at my end -- even uninstall/reinstall. The only thing left is a destructive restart, but everything else works fine. ONLY THIS GAME DOES THIS. Not that PWE cares or believes me -- they think all their customers are liars and criminals. Would be nice if they just came out and said they resent us and despise Star Trek.

I doubt anyone else is having this problem -- no one did when I posted it previously. Just wanted to say that they HATE us. They love our money but they have ZERO concern for their customers. I don't need access to a game I paid hundreds of dollars for. I'm a customer, NOT a person.
Career Officer
# 2
08-08-2013, 05:46 PM
Alright, they win. I've tried to log in 14 times and EVERY time it stopped responding (either at the LoR screen or just a black screen). They don't want me to play and they have NO intention of fixing it. I suspect I've been banned and they didn't have the decency to tell me about it.

**** YOU PWE
Community Moderator
# 3
08-08-2013, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daqhegh View Post
Alright, they win. I've tried to log in 14 times and EVERY time it stopped responding (either at the LoR screen or just a black screen). They don't want me to play and they have NO intention of fixing it. I suspect I've been banned and they didn't have the decency to tell me about it.

**** YOU PWE
Um no when you login it'd say suspended if you were banned. PWE does not do Technical support in these forums (thus why it's called Peer to Peer technical support in the description). If you'd like PWE to give a response to help you out on this 1) Submit a TECHNICAL SUPPORT ticket on http://support.perfectworld.com (Bug tickets are not responded too), or post on http://techsupport.perfectworld.com
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Ensign
# 4
08-09-2013, 04:20 AM
If you are using dx11 by any chance try starting in safe mode from the launcher. On my system I noticed that after an patch I needed to start it that way and then redo the previous settings or the game would just hang at the loading screen.