Empire Veteran
Greetings All,

I picked up a Suliban Cell ship off the Exchange for 160 Million EC with the intention of flipping it for at least a 30 million EC profit but after looking at what the Cell ship can do I'm feeling like I should keep it.

My problem is that I have a Ferengi Like mindset when it comes to my EC and all I keep thinking about is that I have less EC today than what I had yesterday

How can I use this Cell ship to turn a profit and make it pay for itself in time?

Thanks for your Time
Career Officer
# 2
08-09-2013, 08:58 AM
Better to sell the Cell Ship and get a Tuffli instead ... afaik there is no real difference ... besides the obvious cosmetical stuff ...

Last edited by thutmosis85; 08-09-2013 at 09:01 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
08-09-2013, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thutmosis85 View Post
Better to sell the Cell Ship and get a Tuffli instead ... afaik there is no difference ... besides the obvious cosmetical stuff ...
This. The cell ship is a novelty, and is no different from the Tuffli other than offering a special doff mission afaik...

It will drop in value, so id do what the above poster said, and sell it to buy a Tuffli.

Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) - I only play one char now, such is the state of the game..
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsune424 View Post
Here is your ticket to the USS Stupidity, Third class, four tacks on the chair, rules state you MUST sit on the chair, no standing, or hovering above the tacks, thank you have a nice day
Empire Veteran
# 4
08-09-2013, 09:13 AM
Thanks guys.

The Tuffli is more value priced and does just about everything that the Cell ship does.

The good thing is that the Cell ship is still selling for about 30 million more than I paid for it so with luck I'll still turn that profit I was looking for when I bought it.

Thanks again!
Career Officer
# 5
08-09-2013, 12:00 PM
I'd say yes.

6 free Green to Purple DoFF every 5 days at no cost

If I had one I'd park one on an alt account so all my characters could get invites.
Commander
# 6
08-09-2013, 12:56 PM
I would say no. The real advantage of the merchant ships is Commodities. If your working on star bases commodities are key, and having access to the cheapest commodities possible is a big advantage.

As everyone already suggest selling the Cell and buy a tuffli will full fill that requirement very easily.
Captain
# 7
08-09-2013, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunfrancks View Post
This. The cell ship is a novelty, and is no different from the Tuffli other than offering a special doff mission afaik...

It will drop in value, so id do what the above poster said, and sell it to buy a Tuffli.
I wouldn't be *so* sure that the Cell Ship will drop in price. The Tuffli did nothing but increase in value over the course of this year and is now holding steady...

http://mmo-economics.com/2013/06/sto...change-prices/
Commander
# 8
08-09-2013, 01:45 PM
I'd personally keep the Cell Ship.

Absent the drive for profit, I think the Cell is better as they both offer the same transwarps, and commodity discounts and bank/exhcange/mail services, but the Cell has the special doff missions. So, the Cell offers greater bang for the STO buck.

Now I guess the question for you would be: is repeatable special doff missions for green/blue/purple doffs worth 30 million ec to you? And, could it be worth more, as you may be able to sell the doffs you get (or grinded down ones) for more than 30 million, given time.

::WARNING:: This game is not intended for use as a source of self-esteem.
Captain
# 9
08-09-2013, 01:54 PM
Quote:
And, could it be worth more, as you may be able to sell the doffs you get (or grinded down ones) for more than 30 million, given time.
Might not even take that long. The Suliban Doffs from those mission have the same special skills as those from the survivor packs do. Some of them, the Energy Weapon one for example, range in the 2-digit millions.
Captain
# 10
08-09-2013, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by walshicus View Post
I wouldn't be *so* sure that the Cell Ship will drop in price. The Tuffli did nothing but increase in value over the course of this year and is now holding steady...

http://mmo-economics.com/2013/06/sto...change-prices/
The only thing that would cause the Cell Ship to drop in price would be a sale on the pack that drops it. That would cause a decrease. A greater decrease would be caused by if the pack offered a chance to get the JHAS (as prior packs have for limited times).

Either way, op the Cell Ship is great. Worth the extra 50 mil imo. The utility of having a doff grinder is great for me since I grind doffs into starbase food. Ec well spent.