Career Officer
# 101
08-09-2013, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunfrancks View Post
Hmmm sounds good, but my scepticism of Cryptic since PWE took over, makes me think there is more to this than meets the eye.

I will reserve my judgement until after it starts. Plus, I also get to say I told you so if I am right
You voiced my sentiment exactly! I, too, will reserve judgement until the day arrives, though.
Career Officer
# 102
08-09-2013, 12:24 PM
@branflakes:

Bran, do we have to log in on every single character to claim a ship or once it is claimed on one character it is permanently claimed for the entire account for as long as the account, or the game, exists?

Career Officer
# 103
08-09-2013, 12:24 PM
My..., My..., My...,

Will wonders never cease.

Thanks in advance Cryptic, even if what You give away is something that I already have,

I deeply appreciate the thought/gesture.

...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.

Last edited by daveyny; 08-09-2013 at 12:31 PM.
Career Officer
# 104
08-09-2013, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
@branflakes:

Bran, do we have to log in on every single character to claim a ship or once it is claimed on one character it is permanently claimed for the entire account for as long as the account, or the game, exists?
Account Wide was what He posted.

Which means as long as you play the game (or until it closes), any new toon you create will be able to use the item.
(Appropriate Faction would be the only stipulation)
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.

Last edited by daveyny; 08-09-2013 at 12:28 PM.
Commander
# 105
08-09-2013, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsck82 View Post
That is a mistake, you CAN fly any zen ship of your ally,until Subadmiral (level 40). The ships at 40-50 are restricted to that faction only.
yeah and thats the problem i see i know that it's how it is but whats the point of unlocked t5 ships if u use a rommy alot besides the consoles which most of the time are for use on that ship only don't get me wrong i love free stuff and free is always good just seems t5 stuff is kinda blownen for rommys as is the costumns since romulans can't wear fed faction zen outfits i'm unsure if this includes klingon sides to? so romulans kinda get screwed no free costumns only free lower tier ships though i can use some more consoles ^_^.
Lieutenant
# 106
08-09-2013, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsck82 View Post
That is a mistake, you CAN fly any zen ship of your ally,until Subadmiral (level 40). The ships at 40-50 are restricted to that faction only.

I would like to also add, Rom players are also allowed to use FED/KDF console from those ships on their warbirds as well (i.e leech, aceton, antimatter spread, etc.).
Captain
# 107
08-09-2013, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
Account Wide was what He posted.

Which means as long as you play the game (or until it closes), any new toon you create will be able to use the item.
(appropriate faction would be the only stipulation)
Better safe than sorry - I will go into each of my 28 toons and claim each item that I can(Ie those that I don't already have - which is not much)
Career Officer
# 108
08-09-2013, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
Was it even said it would be a ship? I have every bit of equipment and ships I'll ever need... and more. So, whilst I don't need any per se, I would still be disappointed if we were getting some lame tribble or something.

If it's going to be something good, though, chapeau!
Starfleet Veteran
# 109
08-09-2013, 12:30 PM
WOW 10 am PDT!!!! that is crazy, 3am here.
Career Officer
# 110
08-09-2013, 12:32 PM
Quick request: Can the character art guys take the TOS medical T, turn it down to matte, and put "Starfleet had a 5-day giveaway and all I got was this lousy T-shirt!" on it for the inevitable few who'll already own all five upcoming free unlocks?

Well, I suppose there's still some wiggle room for me on the KDF side.
Reave