Career Officer
# 141
08-09-2013, 02:18 PM
That's awesome. Free stuff is always nice, I don't really care WHAT it is. Especially free account-wide things.

Thanks, STO Team!
Career Officer
# 142
08-09-2013, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhavelock View Post
Wow. This sounds pretty cool. Thanks Cryptic.

It'll be interesting to see what they give away. I've made many purchases already, surely I have most things, but not all. I expect that I'll get at least one or two free things that I haven't already purchased. Too bad no Romulan stuff, I think the new TNG Romulan costume is the only outfit set I don't have.

To be clear, I am not complaining. I do not regret a single penny I've spent on this game to support it. If those items are now given away for free, I'm happy for others! And it's an excellent chance to get account-wide unlocks on my alt-Silver account.

It's pretty cool that for ship days you'll give away two, one for each Fed and KDF. That's a neat spin! A lot of people will get two prizes those days.

What isn't cool is how many cynics there are. I suppose Cryptic's earned them, but still... Sad to see. Also, how many people keep asking the same questions (like if the items are account-wide unlocks) that are clearly described in the blog. It's called Reading Comprehension, people. Get some! LOL

Anyway, thanks again. Lookin' forward to next week!
I'm not so sure about that...

My guess.... (I have no proof) is that we'll be able to claim ONE OF EITHER, but Not Both.

But I hope I'm wrong in this case.
......... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Minion since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just Minions who have Played the Game for the last 4.75 years.
.......................SARCASM... Just Another Service I Offer...

Last edited by daveyny; 08-09-2013 at 02:22 PM.
Career Officer
# 143
08-09-2013, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainoblivous View Post
Yes.
/10chars
Welll...

I guess it's slightly better than being 'Oblivious'.
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just Minions who have Played the Game for the last 4.75 years.
Career Officer
# 144
08-09-2013, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
I'm not so sure about that...

My guess.... (I have no proof) is that we'll be able to claim ONE OF EITHER, but Not Both.

You're probably wrong.

When they did something similar a ways back with the TOS Constitution and a KDF equivalent (although that was a level 21 ship at that point), you could get both claimed (although they had to be on the appropriate factioned characters). This will probably work the same way.

Captain
# 145
08-09-2013, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Welll...

I guess it's slightly better than being 'Oblivious'.
I think you should make a thread in the main section about turning "The Stronghold" into a social zone which players could beam down to - separate from the mission.

It would be the most interesting one in the game by a mile - and since it is already a mission availible to all - I don't think it should be that big a deal.

Frankly I think it would become one of the most popular - just add a commodity vendor/pirate - bank and mail - that place would be rocking!!

Right now I don't see as much reason to go to Nibus 3 and it is a overall the best new planet in a long time - needs more life/people!
Career Officer
# 146
08-09-2013, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Oh, and the items get progressively higher in value throughout the week (Example: Monday, costume; Friday, ship)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Ok because I was wondering what are they going to be.
I was Captain_Doug just FYI
Career Officer
# 147
08-09-2013, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by newromulan1 View Post
I think you should make a thread in the main section about turning "The Stronghold" into a social zone which players could beam down to - separate from the mission.

It would be the most interesting one in the game by a mile - and since it is already a mission availible to all - I don't think it should be that big a deal.

Frankly I think it would become one of the most popular - just add a commodity vendor/pirate - bank and mail - that place would be rocking!!

Right now I don't see as much reason to go to Nibus 3 and it is a overall the best new planet in a long time - needs more life/people!
While I agree the place would be spectacular as a Social Area...

It would also become THE HOT SPOT for a certain fleet to descend upon and create such havoc that even General Chang would avoid the place.

Last edited by daveyny; 08-09-2013 at 02:39 PM.
Career Officer
# 148
08-09-2013, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhavelock View Post
Also, how many people keep asking the same questions (like if the items are account-wide unlocks) that are clearly described in the blog. It's called Reading Comprehension, people. Get some! LOL

Anyway, thanks again. Lookin' forward to next week!
Reading Comprehension

Is that one of the upcomming reputation passives , which grants a bonus to game experience
Captain
# 149
08-09-2013, 02:39 PM
Quote:
While I agree the place would be spectacular as a Social Area...

It would also become THE HOT SPOT for a certain fleet to descend upon and create such havoc that even General Chang would avoid the place.

That is a risk with all places in game and in real life!
Rihannsu
# 150
08-09-2013, 02:39 PM
Quote:
...My guess.... (I have no proof) is that we'll be able to claim ONE OF EITHER, but Not Both.

You're wrong, Mr. Chopped Liver.

Brandon specifically said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
And on the days (yes, days plural!) that we're giving away a ship, there will be a KDF ship and Fed ship (you'll need to claim each on the appropriate, eligible character). So, there will actually be more than 5
More than 5 prizes. You can claim both.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.

Last edited by lordhavelock; 08-09-2013 at 02:42 PM.