Empire Veteran
# 41
08-09-2013, 11:42 AM
Very unexpected, thank you!
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Lt. Commander
# 42
Commander
# 43
Much appreciation and thanks for the great news Mr Flakes!

This was unexpected, and unnecessarily generous. A little love to your loyal players, even those who are F2P, can do wonders.

I sincerely hope the trolls and others dot take a nice and simple gesture and turn it into a complaint fest that "it's not fair they can't get it because they're not eligible'', or "just bought it so they want their money back", or any number of other possible ways of finding the grey lining to the silver cloud.

Whatever it is, no matter how useless/useful or cheap/expensive, I am happy and grateful that they cared enough to do it at all, for essentially no reason.

::WARNING:: This game is not intended for use as a source of self-esteem.
Career Officer
# 44
08-09-2013, 11:43 AM
Even if I already have what ends up being given away, I still think this is one of the coolest things this game, this company has done. Quite happy, and pleasantly surprised.
Career Officer
# 45 Asking too much?
08-09-2013, 11:43 AM
Extreme coolness, on the order of zero degrees Kelvin.

If I might make a small suggestion ...

If you're giving away ships, how about a sale on ship slots to go with it? Like the current sale on costume slots.
Saving the universe ... one game at a time.
Empire Veteran
# 46
08-09-2013, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfoxyplush View Post
You missed a perfect opportunity here. Instead of "Summer event's over, have free stuff" you could've said "To apologise for the LoR downtimes and issues, now that we have a handle on things, we'll give a week of free things."

Gotta work on the PR department either way. Thank you for the opportunity to get some freebies. My only concern is how many of these items will be on the Romulan faction, seeing as I got the legacy pack I pretty much have the lot anyway.
He said that there are no Romulan items being given away as they are 'too new'.

Career Officer
# 47
08-09-2013, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by holyknight22 View Post
While I enjoy receiving free stuff, especially that I can use on later toons, I do have a question to ask. I am asking now because I am sure someone else will eventually ask it as well.

I know that you can not give away specifics, but with the ships giveaway will we be seeing "high-end" ships up for or just a random C-Store ship? While I figure any of the 3 pack ships are off the table, will ships like the Grumba/Kar'Fi be potential candidates for the KDF or more normal ships like the Varanus/B'rel Retrofit?

Once again, thank you guys for this opportunity and I look forward to whatever is in store.
I was kinda wondering about things like that. Especially since being a Lifetime member I get a Ka'fi free with a vet token. Then with romulan legacy pack I have all Romulan stuff. Still I can't complain just because I have these items, I'll just have to miss a day.

Also by the things I've heard "they'll get progressively more expensive" so a uniform day 1, maybe a T5 ship day 5.
Survivor of Romulus
# 48
08-09-2013, 11:48 AM
This is awesome news, until otherwise is announced!
Captain
# 49
08-09-2013, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
We are excited to announce that we will be giving away FREE C-Store items next week. As we will feature something different every day (Monday 8/12/13 - Friday 8/16/13), you won't want to miss out! Read more for details.

Click here to read more.
NICE!

Althrough my experience tells me that there might be some kind of snag... we'll see.

-> -> -> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- <- <-
T6 Guardian Class design / A 25th century Ambassador refit
Career Officer
# 50
08-09-2013, 11:52 AM
Ahahaha oh Cryptic, you guys are funny. See I thought you said that you were giving away free C-store costumes and ships and....

Huh? What do you mean they're really giving away C-store stuff for free?

WHAT. Holy crap yeah! And KDF stuff too? Man I've been thinking about making a new Klingon alt but I hadn't decided yet. But if I'm going to be getting some free KDF C-store ships...then hell yeah dudes! KDF here I come!

-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009

It's time for STO to get a complete UI overhaul.