Survivor of Romulus
# 551
08-13-2013, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theonetruetom View Post
Just wanted to put this out there... I created a KDF character on Friday night after I read the announcement for this giveaway, and I hit 50 in 1d8h of /played. A Powerleveler is me!
32 hours? You slacker.

My records: 13.5h for Fed and 16h for KDF
Starfleet Veteran
# 552
08-13-2013, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
**Example: To be eligible to claim a T3 KDF ship, you'd need a Klingon that is at least at level 20 with an available ship slot.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

So just to be crystal clear... when it comes time to claim a "free" ship, we have to have an available ship slot correct?

Is there a way to "claim" it without needing a free slot, or what suggestions do you have short of simply dumping an existing C-Store ship, acquiring the freebie, dumping the freebie and then re-acquire your previous C-Store ship until you're ready to buy more slots to use the freebie ship?
=/\= ================================= =/\=
Captain Ariel Trueheart Department of Temporal Investigations
U.S.S. Valkyrie - NCC 991701
=/\= ================================= =/\=
Lieutenant
# 553
08-13-2013, 09:45 AM
I think the ship woul be in a box once you claim it, much like the ambassador ships.
Career Officer
# 554
08-13-2013, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by natewest1 View Post
I think the ship woul be in a box once you claim it, much like the ambassador ships.
I don't think so.

When you get a new ship from the Shipyard, you don't get it boxed. Same with Veteran Rewards (which go through the Store). They go straight to your ship slots. If you've not got a free slot, well... either you'd miss out, or you'd merely unlock the option for later use.
Lt. Commander
# 555
08-13-2013, 10:24 AM
I thought it goes into your inventory

Real Join Date: Jan 2012
Lieutenant, Fleet Cron-Beta
Lieutenant
# 556
08-13-2013, 10:38 AM
I'm at work right now, what's the giveaway today?
Captain
# 557
08-13-2013, 10:49 AM
Got to admit I was almost correct with todays when I said TOS uniform it the command one but it's still TOS:

Tomorrow I predict: Delta Flyer and Toran Shuttle
NO TO ARC
Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
Commander
Cryptic seems to be only giving away suit sets that were also given away by websites right before Season 7. Also to make the giveaway even more a joke, they are only picking one faction at a time, why is this? Why don't you reward each faction together with a similar uniform? I have to say, the continued lack of real thought into what they are doing is becoming a constant habit. Here is a list if you don't understand what I mean:

The Giveaway:

Again we realize we are not going to get 2000+ zen ships or ship packs, but if you are going to give away uniform options, DON'T KEEP favoring the Federation! THERE ARE 3 FACTIONS, it has been a constant complaint about this game that the Federation is getting more than any other faction, and this giveaway is proving the point.

Tier V Fleet is lacking:

* 2 types of fleet elite weapons, still ridiculous 2.5% proc for space but not ground?
* weapons variety is a still VERY limited especially when compared to other MMO's.
* weapons and armor sets that should have a mark xii are still mark xi, dual weapons types are still blue?
* Can't stay at fleet bases, no reason other than to get items, not a hangout place or meeting place for a fleet. Why again?
* Ships are still do very generic upgrades, no real changes beyond HP/Multiplier increase, stations are generically upgraded the same for all 3 factions. This is true Especially with Fleet upgrades...why don't these have special modifiers and real differences in BOFF setups(yes and before someone points out Universal, this is also poorly thought out)?

Faction issues:

* No real conflict between the factions.
* Federation keeps getting ships but the identity off experimentation and exploration is lost.
* Klingon Faction feel like a poor man's Federation, no Klingon Aggressive Identity. No war Identity, needs destroy missions/conquer missions/raid missions.

Expansions:

* I know that Season 8 is close at hand, so they will take this last complaint with a grain of salt. Stop trying to do so much BIG, and refine what you have with as LITTLE BUGS as possible! The number one complaint when a new season launches is BUGS, forget the fact that Bugs from Season 7 ARE STILL NOT FIXED, and please give more testing so that MORE bugs do not almost completely break the game.

* Stop with the tribbles for tribble test rewards, even the uniforms given out today are almost better. There are no more slots you can buy to put these tribbles on other characters, and there are more tribbles THAN WEAPONS!

* Take out things you don't plan to use in the future for the game, the main thing I can think of is the Veteran BOFF requisition forms. You have made these things obsolete to the point that there is no way to get them if you weren't playing during a particular period, so WHY are they still in the shop to buy?

Again, I know all this will probably be disregarded, but these are some of the major problems that continue to be overlooked each time Cryptic decides to "Improve" the game.

Kall Norene
Lifetime Member
Survivor of Remus
Captain
# 559
08-13-2013, 12:39 PM
They will be giving away ships on other days, including Klingon.
Captain
# 560
08-13-2013, 12:39 PM
Somebody call a whaaaaambulance.