Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Commander
# 21
08-10-2013, 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrowcanary View Post
This suggestion is probably utterly futile, there are far too many players too interested in lining their own pockets with EC than looking out for their faction's interests, but anyway...

As pretty much everyone here will know, getting Contraband is a hell of a lot easier KDF-side than it is Fed-side. Some Feddies seem to be taking advantage of this supply though, constantly slandering the faction while still buying from us to get their shiny purple crystals. "The KDF are useless", "no-one plays KDF", "who cares about the KDF"... ooh, I'll just buy some Contraband to help hit my dilithium cap. We've all seen it.

I'm therefore proposing that we simply stop selling Contraband on the exchange. If the Feds don't appreciate us, then they don't get our help with their grind. Feel free to feed your Fed alts with Contraband if you want, just keep it out of the hands of the players that don't want anything to do with us.

lower your prices on the exchange or stop selling contraband altogether, makes no difference to me. Either way i found a way around your price fixing monopoly!

Last edited by bradchristopher1; 08-10-2013 at 10:09 PM.
Lieutenant
# 22
08-11-2013, 03:29 PM
Alright, wait... Let me see if I understand the situation correctly from a Federation officers perspective.

You want an embargo for a Federation officer removing contraband from an open market and handing it over to a security officer for disposal? How exactly is the disposal of said contraband contrary to any Federation laws? It is not being used for bribes like it would be in the KDF, it's being handed over to the proper authorities.

By imposing an embargo, it would only make the available contraband increase for use of maintaining criminal activity. Or is limiting and interrupting criminal activity now not a Federation value?
Captain
# 23
08-11-2013, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by begerac View Post
You mean how many KDF players got Fed alts
Either/or works for this one.
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-11-2013, 07:24 PM
I'm playing Fed, and I get 8-10 mil EC a month just from contraband. I guess it's easier to NERF something or ban it instead of putting some effort. And all you need is a couple of Jhamel Thoris doffs.

Last edited by satanailofhwbg; 08-11-2013 at 07:26 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 25
08-11-2013, 08:11 PM
Hang on the OP wants to embargo contraband? No way thats my lifeblood.

Raiding Federation installations and seizing Federation freighters for lots of juicy contraband to sell on the intergalactic exchange. Real irony is its probably Feds who can't be bothered to roll a Klingon alt who are buying it anyway.

Don't spoil my fun OP. Whats next no more ransoming Fed prisoners? I'm an Orion thats what I do. sheesh.

"You have not experienced Shakespeare until you have read him in the original Klingon, taH pagh, taH be"

Last edited by chris919uk; 08-11-2013 at 08:21 PM.
Lieutenant
# 26
08-11-2013, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsnake721 View Post

I have found that in MMO's the type of person that likes to be the "Bad" guys tend to be a little over the top, and have a little bit of a persecution complex. (Not all mind you)

But weather it's the Sith, Hoard, Cylons, Covenant, House Kurita, ect. The people that pick these factions over being the "good" guys all share some of the same characteristics.
They always feel opressed, ignored, picked on, that the other factions have better ships, gear. That they are out numbered. That they are ignored by the Devs. Thats not just this game but every 2/3 faction MMO with PVP.
The "Bad" guys always rage the most on forums, throw the biggest fits in zone chats, and get butthurt more than most when they loose. I dont know what it is that draws this type of personality to the "Red" factions. Time and time again in thses games I have watched these communitys tear themselves apart with in-fighting, no team work, elitist attitudes and on and on.
Lol, you haven't been to the Caprica server, have you? Absolute 100% role reversal.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Formerly Traven158
Captain
# 27
08-11-2013, 11:08 PM
Now now guys let's think about this, A few of my Ferengi DOFFs have pointed out that if we stop putting the contraband ont he exchange for a few days we can increase the value of it.

Sounds like a good idea to me. I knew I was right not to toss those little p'taqs out the airlock.
Captain
# 28
08-12-2013, 04:50 AM
My Klin is definately in the minority, as I have 4 Fed-Fed/Rom characters and 1 Klin.And typically, my Fed officers make far more contraband, than my Klin does, each. Only time the reverse is true, is if I STF or do other missions a lot, on my Klin, with her 2 squadrons of slavers (sometimes ya gotta love Orions....)
And I think I've bought contraband, numbers maybe twice? (Thrice at the most) And I don't know how many do this, but I tend to treat my characters as part of a sorority (since they're all females), that help each other out with equipment, money, and pretty much anything else. Even if I "RP"'ed my characters, I would still stick to that treatment, as they are above the Fed/Klin war (sure they'll fight other Feds, or Klin, depending on the character, as they must, but otherwise, their's a few too many other threats out there to be bashing away at each other unnecessarily)

And, honestly, to the poster who feels that people who are Fed, are lazy, well, you're entitled to your opinion, but I could say the same about a number of Klin players. I just prefer to take ait, on a player by player basis, rather than ass-u-me-ing that a certain faction is stereotypical.

butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
Temperance Brennan, "A building"
Captain
# 29
08-12-2013, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsnake721 View Post

honestly the KDF experience is a little..well... creepy.

You have the RP playes that take being a Klingon waaaaaay to serious. Then others that think that they are the best gamer/PVP'r that ever lived. And if they ever loose then it's because it's the Dev's fault.

I have found that in MMO's the type of person that likes to be the "Bad" guys tend to be a little over the top, and have a little bit of a persecution complex. (Not all mind you)
I don't consider the Klingons the bad guys. I think the federation is the bad guys. I am a trek fan big time. The Klingon story evolved over the years so we are not just the Russians (bad guys) anymore. we are a just of a different mind set , that values things other than the federations lying, sneaky, dbl dealing, back stabbing, pretend to be your friend then send assassin after you cut throats.

why do the Klingon aid the deferi? a debt of honor
why do the feds aid them? it in their best interest's no other reason.

why did the Klingons agree to let Romulans join them? again Honor related after the sacrifice of life to save a Klingon.

why did the feds want and actively sought them out to join? for their own interests.

why did the Klingons beak off the peace treaty with the feds? because the feds would not aid an ally in battle. so the Klingons had to do it themselves.

so I can take it way to serious or just laugh at it all. I just do not like the federation it reminds me of the United Nations, I hate them as well.
Career Officer
# 30
08-12-2013, 11:13 AM
Well, erm, this is a new one.