Captain
# 41
08-14-2013, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badname834854 View Post
You make HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS a month selling conrtaband?

Bullship.
You must not have played much KDF, then. These figures are entirely plausible and normal. A light regimen of a stack of catfood a day, sold around an average price of 14M/stack = 420M/mo.

So yes, "hundreds of millions a month" is perfectly accurate.
Lt. Commander
# 42
08-14-2013, 12:59 PM
Then you're not playing the AH for it, because it's exceedingly rare to find Contraband listed below 50k each. So you might gross millions a month, but you're certainly not netting that much. Unless you're actually farming 250 a day, in which case, do tell us your methods.
Career Officer
# 43 Rules of Acquisition
08-14-2013, 03:02 PM
Rule 177: Know your enemies...but do business with them always.
Rule 109: Dignity and an empty sack...is worth the sack.
Rule 50: Never bluff a Klingon.
Lt. Commander
# 44
08-14-2013, 03:36 PM
Meh, and here I came into this thread expecting something along the lines or curbing 40 alt chars dilithium farming via contraband.
Oh well, so it's just another Fed vs. Kling thing it seems.

Personally I think it's a great incentive to play KDF side.
But it's ridiculous to see farming alts.

Imho exchange contraband should be avalable at level 30 or even later. That's the only thing about contraband that bothers me. I play both Fed and KDF side, so I couldn't care less about petty competition or hurt feelings.
Career Officer
# 45
08-14-2013, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
You must not have played much KDF, then. These figures are entirely plausible and normal. A light regimen of a stack of catfood a day, sold around an average price of 14M/stack = 420M/mo.

So yes, "hundreds of millions a month" is perfectly accurate.
Doubtful.

If you farm 2000 contraband in a month (roughly 66-68) a day, you can reach 100 million EC (assuming each CB goes for 50k EC a pop)

SO -

- If you have a bunch of klink alts AND:
- never turn in your contraband AND:
- Do NOTHING but missions that offer Contraband or a chance at contraband, then yes, then and only then could you make 100 mil EC in a month,, roughly.
Ensign
# 46 hmmm Klingons are bad?
08-15-2013, 08:54 AM
As I sit in my command seat aboard my ship and look out my brethren farming Nvak, I think to myself, self, forget about the only two accolades you have left on the pvp area and help your brethren farm... I do not go kill them. If I feel like fighting on the cool down I post a message, "anyone want to spar?", if not then I sit idle and wait. It does not seem I am bad. If in a pvp match and the feds only have 1 or 2 remaining because their teammates left the match after they were killed a couple of times.... I say I am sitting out, and I sit out until I am shot or attacked in some way. Does this make me bad? I think not. KDF could be the moral majority when it comes to fighting with honor. Now as far as being the best at pvp, I am not, but as a whole I believe KDF is. That is not to say that I have not seen some awesome teams, premade and not, on the Fed side. But lets face it the real reason a lot of us are KDF is because when the game started there were so few KDF that the pvp cue was over an hour wait. We turned that around and with very little story line we were forced to pvp to level our toons. Most of us fell in love with the anarchy despite lower volume of choices in our ships, weapons and other items of fancy. We are the KDF now because we choose to be, we fight with honor and die with dignity. After all when you are the best you should set the standard for good behavior.
Ensign
# 47
08-23-2013, 06:54 AM
When I first read the title... I thought to myself. Is this... Civilization V? Are we at galactic congress now deciding to embargo people?
On a more related to topic note..
How do you guys get that much contraband even with the slaver nerf? o.o