Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
Hi all,

Progress on our project is proceeding beyond my wildest expectations

Though to be honest I think it is safe to say the Siege of Bepi III might need to be a bit later!

But the wait is worth it - for those interested, please check out our progress on the Boot Camp Territory Control - its the interface design but you can at least see where we heading and hopefully this casts doubt from your mind that we are clutching at straws.

Special mention of Admiral Zenso'ji who has been working like a zombie with me and the VA's the past few days to get this to you all.

I hope you all support us!

Last edited by drkfrontiers; 08-10-2013 at 04:14 PM.
Captain
# 2
08-10-2013, 01:09 PM
what can a casual player with no skill on computers offer in support beyond voicing a desire to see this come to be?
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."

Why do I play KDF? It's like playing Paranoia, but with starships.
Captain
# 3
08-10-2013, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickngo View Post
what can a casual player with no skill on computers offer in support beyond voicing a desire to see this come to be?
Spread the word! Get your friends and fleetmates to support the project. And of course get your fleet to send an Ambassador to the Senate. Many folks are showing interest already!

Your faction will need all the allies it can muster in the Senate I look forward to the Senate becoming a HUB around which the Territory Control will develop, full of fleet intrigues, and shady backstreet deals LOL

And lastly but not least of all, if the community has any ideas or things they would like to share, please drop me a mail. I am very little ingame these last two weeks as I have been working on this like a lemming.

Last edited by drkfrontiers; 08-10-2013 at 01:34 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-10-2013, 02:43 PM
i talked to dstahl about this at vegas drkfrontiers and he thought it was a great idea for pvp and will check into it
Task Force Spectre, Legion of Spectre, and House of Spectre is recruiting!
I watch the only good STO podcast STOked Radio
Want to learn more about any of the above? Let me know!
Captain
# 5
08-10-2013, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starfleetownsall View Post
i talked to dstahl about this at vegas drkfrontiers and he thought it was a great idea for pvp and will check into it
Thank you for your support! What more could we ask for!
Captain
# 6 Am I missing something
08-11-2013, 03:07 AM
Just wanted to add that I think that if we want to demonstrate to Cryptic that there is a viable interest for Territorial Control that they will consider it as a good investment. The direct opposite is true as well.

Not sure why, but from the various threads I was under the impression that this was something people were keen on.
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
08-11-2013, 10:42 AM
Pvp update plox!

I want an Armored Hatham called Fluffy!
Career Officer
# 8
08-11-2013, 11:43 AM
I think this is an interesting concept, I'm not sure I have enough playtime right now due to RL stuff to take part - but something like this with some objectives in PvP would be a big draw to hop onto the game and play a bit more than I usually do these days.

Captain
# 9
08-11-2013, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
I think this is an interesting concept, I'm not sure I have enough playtime right now due to RL stuff to take part - but something like this with some objectives in PvP would be a big draw to hop onto the game and play a bit more than I usually do these days.
I'm in the same boat as Ulti with RL but this concept is a good one. Hope it works out and Cryptic embrace it.
aka NazHuggyBear2

"No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." - Sprinkles
Captain
# 10
08-11-2013, 04:21 PM
With all the posts popping up now about territory control and all the posts that have popped up, this is a damn good opportunity for folks to show Cryptic that what folks are talking about is more than just words in some random post.

Here, members of the community are taking it upon themselves to put together a form of what players have asked for...taking the risks and spending the time that Cryptic may be reluctant to do at this point. If folks want Cryptic to make that effort down the road, then they need to get involved and show Cryptic that it's more than just words.

Even if Cryptic decides to overlook the potential revenue that could come from such a process as players show their support for this initiative, that will be their loss - the players will have a blast.

Folks have talked about how ecstatic they would be to have some form of territory control in the game. These guys are building it...are you going to come?