Lt. Commander
Since today's patch, I have been unable to get past the 'Connecting to login server...' screen.

I have noticed that if, after the connection attempt has failed, I attempt to log in to my account via the client, then that fails as well. It is only through the launcher that I am able to log in to my account at present. (This effect is duplicated if I attempt to run the client without the launcher).

I have disabled my firewall. I am able to ping and tracert patchserver.crypticstudios.com with no problems, but nettest.exe is currently timing out without fail (which it did not do previously).

Incidentally, while I struggled to download the last few patches, this one downloaded extremely fast, so if there's something Cryptic has done to improve the speed, then you have my thanks

Any suggestions would be most welcome.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-25-2010, 11:53 AM
I am also getting the same problem when I am using the EU proxy server (I live in England)
If I dont use this proxy server I can log into the game, but get really bad rubber-banding and lag.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-25-2010, 12:20 PM
im aslo getting rubber banded into submissuon, i exited warp to enter sol and nothing happened. i then dropped out of warp inside the starbase model. becomeing trapped. WHY IS THERE NO WAY TO FIX THIS????? its makeing it unplayable. i just got destoryed by klingon warbirds because of it. fix it now please
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-04-2012, 03:00 PM
Im getting this also. This is my first time playing this too, also disabled firewall. Don't have any problems with any other games!

Not a good first impression, yet I really want to try this! I also hate the timeout period and the fact that you can't interrupt it when it's obviously not connecting for ages, that on it's own kinda goes against the standard practises for all software/games IMO.

I'll try again another time, I hope the awaiting experience makes up for this disappointment
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-04-2012, 03:12 PM
I've got the problem now too. Except that I lost connection to the server and now can't log back on. I enter my username and password, and then it just says "connecting to the login server" until it times out. Any ideas?
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-04-2012, 03:28 PM
same here. I can log in through the launcher but it hangs at the character screen waiting for the "Login Server", then times out.

So, we can log in but not be logged in?

Where would the queue be? on the launcher?

Seems like the client and launcher aren't on the same page...

EDIT:
I wonder what is different between now and last night? I played for a few hours last night with no problems.

A new influx of F2P players?
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-04-2012, 03:35 PM
Yah I was kicked from game during a fight.
And now the login server is overloaded.
Nice job guys.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-12-2012, 05:45 AM
Hey guys so for the past few days every single time i try to play STO i can't get past the launcher. In the very rare cases when i get past the launcher and in the game itself i either can't login with my characters (It loads for awhile then it says Connection the the login server timed out) or if i login with my characters which is very rare for the last 5 days i get disconnected on the first or second loading screen. I don't remember which day exactly this started but it was in the past few days. I'm from Bulgaria and I've been playing since the start of F2P and haven't had any problems until this one (except for 1-2 disconnects every day). Now I don't understand a lot about computers but I know that i disabled my proxy in the game a week or two ago and i just activated it again today to see if that's the problem but it wasn't. Please if anybody can help please post here because the game is unplayable.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-12-2012, 12:55 PM
Bah, me too. Was playing along happily, went afk to make a cup of tea, dithered about and came back >15mins later and had been kicked. Not been able to log back in since
This just happened within the last hour.

As said, it just sits at the login server, so the account server is accepting my user/ password ok.

Im on F2P, so cant complain too harshly, but even still.

EDIT : Oh wait top left of the startrekonline.com homepage says,
"Perfect World Server Status : Undergoing Maintenance"

Guess that answers it..
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-12-2012, 12:57 PM
When you first launch STO and the launcher window appears... Look to your upper right and you'll see a small bulb icon, it'll either be red or green. If it's red, the server is down. If it's green, the server is up. Now please quit spamming the help threads because you can't login. Try looking around a bit first and perhaps even reading O.O

I'm sorry, but it's very irritating to come to a forums almost every day and see hoards of people who don't posses the simple and yet very elusive skill of... READING!

Ahem, thank you.
Closed Thread