Captain
The Romulan faction is the newest in the game, as such its uniform options are highly detailed and modern looking when compared to the older Federation and Klingon uniforms.
However there are still a bunch of Romulan uniforms from the shows still to be added.
It was mentioned on the Livestream that there would be a lot more C-Store uniforms in the future; I hope some of these are included.
(NB: This isnít a list of clipping or colour errors, but missing pieces etc.).

TOS / TAS
TOS:

1) Gauntlet gloves, these options are missing (they can be recreated with the Republic 1 gauntlets, but they are too long).
2) Thumb loops, the original art for the C-Store uniform showed these, yet the ingame model doesnít.
3) Helmet, this option is unavailable for female Romulans for reasons unknown.
TAS:

1) The TAS Romulan uniform is not included at all.
2) A mock up using the TWOK trousers, and boots, Romulan civilian belt, Romulan TOS top (with sleeves cropped), a red under tunic, and the basic (NPC) Klingon sash.

Pre TNG
These uniforms are based upon the one worn by Telek R'Mor (VOY: Eye of the Needle) circa 2351.

1) Telek R'Mor.
2) A light grey, non-patterned version.
3) A Dark Grey version.

TNG
I love Cryptics TNG Romulan costumes; they are the first Iíve bought from the C-Store for a long time, there are, however, still a number of variants missing from the line-up.

1) A nice shot of most of the main uniforms side by side. Left to right: Senior Officers (Tiled in STO), junior officers (checker in STO), Tal Shiar (not ingame), and Enlisted uniform (Camo in STO).
2) A stripy forest coloured pattern (with collar, gauntlets, and no harness on the belt).
3) A plane grey tunic (with collar, gauntlets, and no harness on the belt).
4) A grey disruptive camo style tunic (with no ornamentation).
5) Tomalakís sequin style (reminiscent of the Nemesis uniforms).
6) Tal Shiar padded, neither the pattern nor the colour is available in STO.
7) A sequined padded pattern.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Captain
# 2
07-09-2014, 10:43 AM
DS9
These are my personal favourite Romulan uniforms, sleek and militaristic, without the silly shoulder pads.

1) Duty uniform.
2) Dress Uniform.

Nemesis

This is most peopleís favourite Romulan uniform; it was mainly used in Nemesis with appearances in ENT (Just think of the Romulans in this uniform in ENT as Time Travellers in the Temporal Cold War).
I think that, out of all of these uniforms, this would be the one most people would like to see ingame.

Star Trek Online

These are the Romulan Star Empire / Tal Shiar / Imperial Remnant uniforms that exist for NPCs in the game (and a few bits and bobs for the players).
Ranks (left to right): Technician, Uhlan, Sublieutenant (Decurion), Centurion, Subcommander, Commander, and Admiral (General).

Reman Nemesis

This was one of the best bits about Nemesis, the Remans, however the ingame version is a massive let-down. There are a number of missing pieces and errors with the ingame Reman uniforms.
(NB: It would be nice to get these fixed as the Reman warrior costume was reused in ENT as the [REDACTED] costume, which will be appearing in [REDACTED] soon).
1) Ingame costume- Reman warrior (incorrect boots, missing gloves, two piece tunic, it should be a jumpsuit, belt piece is too high, the collar should split at the front, the shoulders should resemble 3 and 5).
2) The correct boots, using the shoes for the ingame armours works fine as a replacement.
3) How the Reman warrior costume should look (excluding shoes).
4) Costume with Shinzons shoulder armour.
5) The basic warriors shoulder area on the jumpsuit.
6) The ingame shoulder armour (doesnít match Shinzon or the Viceroys armour).
7) The Viceroys costume (Shinzons is identical except the shoulder armour- see 4).

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

Last edited by artan42; Yesterday at 02:25 AM.
Captain
# 3
07-09-2014, 10:46 AM
Reman Star Trek Online

The Reman Resistance has its own uniforms that have evolved from the Nemesis era ones. None of these are available to players.
Parts (left to right): Basic jumpsuit and boots, shoulder cloth, duel cape and hood Ďní face mask, shoulder armour and full cape.

Ranks, harnesses, and communicators
Ranks

Most Romulan uniforms display ranks in the same way as Starfleet uniforms, by small pins on the collar, these are seen here on the DS9 uniforms. There are three TNG harnesses available in STO, however there are also three variants not included.
Communicators

These are worn on the inside of the right sleeve.
1) A TNG era communicator.
2) A DS9 era communicator.
Harnesses

1) Blank badge variant.
2) Generals variant.
3) Tal Shiar variant.

Survivor of Romulus
# 4
07-09-2014, 11:36 AM
I never realized how many little canon things we were missing. I don't even remember half of that TNG stuff.

On the TNG harnesses, they're (at least some of them) are supposed to fasten with a badge on back, too. The in-game ones just kind of come together oddly.

I never noticed those communicators before! Do you ever get a good look at one of those on screen? I'd love to have those, particularly if they do "fix" the Romulan beam-out animation as was hinted in the bug report forum.
Want to run canon ship loadouts? Join the Star Trek Battles channel.
"Exploration" missions were a joke -- get over their loss and request more real story content.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
07-09-2014, 05:56 PM
I would like to thank the people who are providing pictures to the glaring issues we have as a Romulan faction when it comes to uniforms...

Also keep up the good work on providing solutions and or other ideas/costumes that should be seen ingame...

I know for a fact they just wont care though, if they did they would chime in on this subject matter....I have a feeling if we keep this thread going it will be a "whats your beef with the Romulan faction cryptic" thread

most of us know, it was a quick cash grab, the sad part is they could continue grabbing cash from us if they just bothered the slightest in regards to uniforms (5 bucks isn't a huge monetary investment from the player, its what cash shop items should be, smaller more affordable items)

And costumes fit that big time

I am not privy to information on how much time and effort is required to provide said costume pieces to the player base, but id rather have some more costumes than more dinosaurs.
Career Officer
# 6
07-09-2014, 05:56 PM
YES to all of this!!!

Please, devs!
Captain
# 7
07-09-2014, 06:27 PM
Thanks for highlighting many of the errors, missing pieces, and missing uniforms in regards to Romulans. The Absence of the TNG Tal Shiar uniform is for me, particularly glaring since the TNG Romulan Uniform pack advertises the ability to make Tal Shiar Uniforms with it.

I had forgotten about the Romulan Technicians, looks like that's the only STO uniform variant that can be reproduced 100% at the moment, considering the clothing piece limitations we have to work with.
Lieutenant
# 8
07-09-2014, 11:50 PM
This is the most thorough analysis of the Romulan uniforms I have ever had the privilege of seeing. I would buy these in a heartbeat.
Republic Veteran
# 9
Yesterday, 12:35 AM
<foil hat and rose tinted glasses on>

I'm gonna' make a prediction, that probably won't come true, but if it does ... Ya heard it here first!

9.5 is going to have some new stuff for us Romulan's.

That's why we didn't get a Fleet Uniform Variant.
That's why Romulansdidn't get a new "Veteran Admiral's Coat.
That's why the Dev's have never replied to our requests for an Omega Rep Costume.
That's why the Devs have never replied to our requests for a Rom Rep Ground set.

And that's why, in his weekly livestreams, Smirk has answered some of my questions, but he's purposely, and suspiciously, ignored the other parts of my questions, from the same post, that relate to Romulan and Reman Uniforms and Costumes ...

Season 9.5 ... or Maybe Season 10 will be the Resurgence of Romulus!

hey i can dream can't I?
Please ... Make it so ...!
Captain
# 10
Yesterday, 02:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonsbrethren View Post
On the TNG harnesses, they're (at least some of them) are supposed to fasten with a badge on back, too. The in-game ones just kind of come together oddly.

I never noticed those communicators before! Do you ever get a good look at one of those on screen?
I'll get a screenshot of that and add it in. Thanks.

I'd never seen them until I decided to make this thread, I don't remember them onscreen, but I would love them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunansa View Post
I know for a fact they just wont care though.
I do know what you mean, I noticed it when I did the section on the Nemesis Reman uniforms, it's like they were described on the phone, they've done jumpsuit style costumes before (like the racing uniforms). We can but hope they'll give these another pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catoblepasbeta View Post
The Absence of the TNG Tal Shiar uniform is for me, particularly glaring since the TNG Romulan Uniform pack advertises the ability to make Tal Shiar Uniforms with it.

I had forgotten about the Romulan Technicians, looks like that's the only STO uniform variant that can be reproduced 100% at the moment, considering the clothing piece limitations we have to work with.
Yup, neither the pattern, nor colour, not the harness are available .

Not even that one, it has it's own shorter boots than the others, we only have the taller boots (Uhlan, Sublieutenant, Centurion).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendalek View Post
And that's why, in his weekly livestreams, Smirk has answered some of my questions, but he's purposely, and suspiciously, ignored the other parts of my questions, from the same post, that relate to Romulan and Reman Uniforms and Costumes ...
It was this plus the mention of many more C-Store uniforms that made me make this thread. I hope they see a few things here they might want to add, plus if they are making costumes, they may be in the zone to make some QoL improvements to some older ones.

Thanks for the other comments, it took the best part of a day to find all the material for this (I need a life ).