Captain
# 371
05-09-2014, 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by callevista View Post
Some outstanding issues are going through testing right now including missing Omega helmets , clipping hair, missing Jem Hadar armor pieces, and missing Kit parts (visual). Once we've tested their resolutions, they'll be sent out in a patch. Of course there are other bugs that also must be prioritized that I haven't mentioned here - so I can't promise any specific times when the resolutions will hit the live servers (assuming they pass testing). But I expect some of them to reach you in a week or two.
Thanks.

On hair clipping, on the New Elegant hair, I noticed that the clipping on the side and the framing hair around the face, was tied to the Forehead width instead of the head width, meaning with a more narrow forehead I got the clipping. I hope that you already caught that and have it worked out, but just in case it hadn't been mentioned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
This seems like as good a place as any to post this:

Wrath of Khan color palette does not match the palette used when I created it.
I made a WoK uniform a long long time ago to use as a "formal" uniform, so therefore I went with White (or as close to white as I could get, I think the current value corresponds to what Q13 used to be back in the day) for its base color. Now if I go to the tailor to edit the uniform it becomes much less white, more like cream or peach. I'm unable to replicate the white color which means if I want to actually save any edits to update the uniform I have to sacrifice the color I desire. So I've been forced to make the choice of never updating the uniform again, which means the fleet patch is woefully out of date.

I might be able to shift it over to I13 if I also adjust the pants since a slight blue tint may trick the eye into viewing it as more white, but arguably Q13 should be the whitest available color (least amount of any color tint/saturation) and clearly the current Q13 is far far less white than whatever palette option was available when I originally made the uniform.
On the subject of color pallets, I never feel like I get a true black on my uniforms. Is there anyway you could rework the colors so they have clearly delineated this is actual black this is actual white.

The same goes for eyes and hair. I can't get a decent dark brown to save my life. I get that black is for Betazoids but the darkest I see is light brown. And getting true jet black hair is impossible especially with the shininess, even turned down to minimum. It's frustrating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlocutusofborgx View Post
callevista,

And please.. get more options for the KDF tailor... its really lacking hugely.

And one more thing, unlock the special bofs, so we can edit them and allow them special pieces for their designated faction/race. Good example is the breen bof, allow him the other clothing options that other breen have, for him to choose from.
Not just the Special Boffs.

I would appreciate it if could unlock the full rank special gear, like the Klingon Honor Guard so that my boffs can use all the pieces. The same goes for the kit pieces. Being restricted to the "commander" gear for all boffs is a tad annoying.
Yes I support This

"Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
Career Officer
# 372
05-10-2014, 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpalelena View Post
Is there any word on fixing the missing OMEGA ground armor parts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlocutusofborgx View Post
callevista,

For over a year and a half now I have not had access to the Quv Klingon Adapted Helmet visual, I do have the armor unlocked not the helmet. When can I expect to see this unlocked/added?? My female bof has the option to get the helmet but seems its lacking for the male contigent.
Just checking (as in, I'm posting without reading the other OMEGA/MACO/KHG threads) did you guys visit Roxy at DS9 and see if she fixes your stuff? Last patch gave her some ability to fix some accolade costume issues.

If that doesn't work for you, then I hope a fix comes soon.
Member since November 2009... I think.
(UFP) Ragnarök Fleet - Logistics Division Vice Admiral T'Phira; Captain Selena; Captain Altecha; Captain K'Kera; Lieutenant Aydihe Tefx; Subcommander S'ena
(KDF) Lieutenant General Vokno (aka Lady Vokno); Lieutenant General Raylene
Republic Veteran
# 373
05-10-2014, 02:57 AM
having had to recycle my mk xii jem'hadar armor to unlock it's appearance again. I don't have it's old appearance as an option any more. also I can't match the bottom half with the top half. an example would be trying to match dark colours such as black. while the top half can meet these dark grey, light black, black options. the trousers can not. at best I get a shiney dark blue.

also I would like to do away with the whirly central pattern on both upper and lower parts. makes it look more like something a ferengi would wear.

while I thought the backpack and pouch was a nice touch. I also thoughT a ketracel white tube in the head section would have been cool as well.

Last edited by wazzagiow; 05-10-2014 at 03:49 AM.
Captain
# 374
05-10-2014, 03:52 AM
Quote:
Great suggestions! Keep them coming. We are always planning new costume parts to add to the game, and the ones you've mentioned will definitely be on our list of things you guys want.
Would that include these?

The KDF could really use some new stuff, and you have it all hanging around.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.
JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Unofficial Bortasq' Uniform colour guide here.
Career Officer
# 375
05-10-2014, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by altechachan View Post
Just checking (as in, I'm posting without reading the other OMEGA/MACO/KHG threads) did you guys visit Roxy at DS9 and see if she fixes your stuff? Last patch gave her some ability to fix some accolade costume issues.

If that doesn't work for you, then I hope a fix comes soon.
Yep first place I went, did absoblutely nothing to fix the issue. Still don't have it.

Like my Fan Page Here
xXLocutusXx

Last edited by xlocutusofborgx; 05-10-2014 at 04:06 PM.
Career Officer
# 376
05-10-2014, 03:59 PM
Yep, I checked Roxy as well. No change for missing pieces.

-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009

It's time for STO to get a complete UI overhaul.
Empire Veteran
# 377
05-10-2014, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Ah I see. Sorry for my confusion. If I do hear of this stuff going live, I'll comment.
Would be nice for a comment on when we could expect the KHG costumes to be fixed
Lt. Commander
# 378
05-10-2014, 08:11 PM
While we're hoping for some KDF uniform fixes, how about those marauding boffs we can't edit?
Captain
# 379
05-10-2014, 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaind3 View Post
On the subject of color pallets, I never feel like I get a true black on my uniforms. Is there anyway you could rework the colors so they have clearly delineated this is actual black this is actual white.

The same goes for eyes and hair. I can't get a decent dark brown to save my life. I get that black is for Betazoids but the darkest I see is light brown. And getting true jet black hair is impossible especially with the shininess, even turned down to minimum. It's frustrating.
I know there was a bit of elaboration on why this is the case by the devs recently (joejig or callevista?). I think it was in the tribble section leading up to S9. "Huge character head news" and maybe 1 or 2 other threads where Andorian white hair was mentioned. Since a lot of the hair and skin colors (all of them?) are just tints applied to a grayscale texture map there are limits at either end (white/black) with how far they can go.
Career Officer
# 380
05-11-2014, 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
This seems like as good a place as any to post this:

Wrath of Khan color palette does not match the palette used when I created it.
I made a WoK uniform a long long time ago to use as a "formal" uniform, so therefore I went with White (or as close to white as I could get, I think the current value corresponds to what Q13 used to be back in the day) for its base color. Now if I go to the tailor to edit the uniform it becomes much less white, more like cream or peach. I'm unable to replicate the white color which means if I want to actually save any edits to update the uniform I have to sacrifice the color I desire. So I've been forced to make the choice of never updating the uniform again, which means the fleet patch is woefully out of date.

I might be able to shift it over to I13 if I also adjust the pants since a slight blue tint may trick the eye into viewing it as more white, but arguably Q13 should be the whitest available color (least amount of any color tint/saturation) and clearly the current Q13 is far far less white than whatever palette option was available when I originally made the uniform.
The biggest reason that I have concluded is causing all these color mismatches are that they keep putting tints in to the materials or subchannels. That is why some things are impossible to get white or black. For instance the skin tone for alien species. The "white" color gives you pink skin. However the black color gives you black skin. The amounts of these instances are staggering and takes out a lot of the fun in using the things we have paid for to use in the tailor. As different "packs" of uniforms can't be made to match others.

I wish they would toss the entire color palette system and clothing material system out an airlock and make it more like what they have in Champions Online where you get to pick the type of clothing, what its material should be and what its color should be. Making matching easy. We should get materials like leather, fabric, metal, fur or what ever they can think of. Then get only one huge color pallet for everything in the game.