Empire Veteran
# 51
08-23-2013, 07:49 AM
They should sticky this thread.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Survivor of Romulus
# 52
08-23-2013, 09:00 AM
What happened was that I started the Nimbus III arc in my Rom/KDF costume, and it changed into a RR uniform.

When I noticed, I clicked on my char pic, and tried to change into the Rom/KDF uni again.
When I clicked the KDF uni, it just displayed the RR uni. I tried changing back and forth several times, but the KDF uni had become an RR uni somehow.

I then went to the RR fleet tailor, and it showed 3 uniforms, my starter uni, my RR uni and my Rom/KDF uni. I clicked wear uniform on the KDF one, but it was still showing as an RR uni.

I did try to mod the KDF uni, but it was stuck displaying the RR uni.

I then created a new KDF uni, and this one has not changed.

Have no idea what caused this bug, and I sadly forgot to bug it at the time...

Hope this explains it a bit better.
Rihannsu
# 53
08-23-2013, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkrik23 View Post
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by otowi View Post
What happened was that I started the Nimbus III arc in my Rom/KDF costume, and it changed into a RR uniform...
Added to Under Investigation portion of OP. Thanks for the details.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Career Officer
# 54
08-23-2013, 10:48 AM
I just saw your list of issues. I thought I'd let you know about another one.

On most of my Romulan boffs I can make the first color different on the Romulan Republic 1 and 2 Upper and the Undershirft.

But on a couple I cannot. The color is linked, and changing the undershirt color changes the Upper color.

I have no idea why it is just some and not all.

BTW, if you know of a work around I'd appreciate letting me know.

Great thread, I hope they use it and fix things.
Lt. Commander
# 55
08-23-2013, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhavelock View Post
Thanks about the thread. I do know a lot of the character costumes are built around "normal-proportioned" characters, and if you go too skinny/fat there can be clipping. I have a hyper-thin Alien (as far to the Thin-side as the sliders will go), and when he got his KHG armor, the belt was oddly clipped. I had to up his sliders a little, fatten him up some to get rid of the clipping. He still looks like himself, just somewhat bulkier, easily explainable as the added armor.

These sort of issues are less a bug and more a game limitation on certain "edge-case" scenarios. I notice it especially with Alien characters (I think since they can have the most extreme dimensions). While I agree if they're going to allow us to make our characters look a certain way, all made costumes should fit those possibilities, but I also kind of understand/accept that not every one will.

That being said, post some screen shots of what you're seeing, and let's take a look and the clipping you're experiencing.
I'd love to get you some screenshots, if I found a way to get some decent shots of the problem zone without crashing the game. Which usually instantly happens if I try to start another program, sometimes even when I just (accidently) minimize the game...
But I'll see what I can do. As I don't own the outfits, I'll have to do this in the tailor's booth...

Besides, the "Off Duty Science Officer" we have seen on Risa is about the max these skirts can bear.

Last edited by chrisolliec; 08-23-2013 at 11:20 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 56
08-23-2013, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkrik23 View Post
Signed.
Rihannsu
# 57
08-23-2013, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by draugadan View Post
...On most of my Romulan boffs I can make the first color different on the Romulan Republic 1 and 2 Upper and the Undershirft.

But on a couple I cannot. The color is linked, and changing the undershirt color changes the Upper color...
Can you provide more details? Like, which BOffs are broken? What's their race/gender? Where did you get them? Have you any screenshots? Etc. Also, have you opened a bug ticket in the game? If not, do so, and post the ticket number with your details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisolliec View Post
I'd love to get you some screenshots, if I found a way to get some decent shots of the problem zone without crashing the game...
You should be able to take a screenshot by typing the command in the Chat window (no external programs required).

Details here.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Survivor of Romulus
# 58
08-23-2013, 12:45 PM
Minor... but still.. if we're making a list

^^ Mirror Belts / Formal Dress "belt" thing sorta look odd :/ might be me... but I thought I'd throw it up and see what you guys think.
Rihannsu
# 59
08-23-2013, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thay8472 View Post
Minor... but still.. if we're making a list

^^ Mirror Belts / Formal Dress "belt" thing sorta look odd :/ might be me... but I thought I'd throw it up and see what you guys think.
Agreed, they do look odd, but not really a bug as much as a symptom of the engine. I won't pretend to know the exact details, but the game has issues with loose fabrics. You'll see similar on the KHG armor capes, KHG Vet shoulder pad demi-capes, and even on the Romulan demi-capes. Though they have gotten better on these latter entries, but it's still not perfect. I've added to the Suggestion list a request to improve this tech.

Last edited by lordhavelock; 08-23-2013 at 01:18 PM.
Career Officer
# 60
08-23-2013, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by draugadan View Post
I just saw your list of issues. I thought I'd let you know about another one.

On most of my Romulan boffs I can make the first color different on the Romulan Republic 1 and 2 Upper and the Undershirft.

But on a couple I cannot. The color is linked, and changing the undershirt color changes the Upper color.

I have no idea why it is just some and not all.

BTW, if you know of a work around I'd appreciate letting me know.

Great thread, I hope they use it and fix things.
First two pictures of boffs that can have different colors. And then a boff that can't. The boff in question is a random Female Romulan Engineer boff this character got at level 25.