Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Empire Veteran
Hi all,

Cryptic has generously offered the following prizes which players can look forward to in the upcoming STO Frontlines Territory Control Tournaments! Special thanks to Dan & Brandon and the Cryptic Team who really made this possible!!!

First of all, everyone is welcome to these tournaments, so we look forward to sharing these with all.

We will be defining some rules soon in regards to the prizes to ensure as many people get to enjoy them as possible, but for now just enjoy:

Lucky draw from the pool of participants: A lucky member of the community will be rewarded with their very own Legacy of Romulus Starter Pack

* 1st place - 1250 zen per player/ winner on team

* 2nd place - 625 zen per player/ winner on team

* 3rd place - Choose one: ToS Formal Uniform, ToS Medical Uniform, ToS Tunic Uniform, Enterprise Era Uniform

* These prizes are excl. from any private faction-vs.faction challenges that may take place, and are only offered to participants of the Boot Camp Sponsored-Tournaments

For those wondering whats this all about , check out the teaser designs

Last edited by drkfrontiers; 11-24-2013 at 04:54 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
08-12-2013, 01:56 PM
This a space only thing? As the ground bootcamp... stopped?

Last edited by thay8472; 08-12-2013 at 02:19 PM.
Captain
# 3
08-12-2013, 02:24 PM
Nice. Although, it would be a lot nicer if I understood the structure and rules of the tourney.
----
@DevolvedOne
Lieutenant
# 4
08-12-2013, 02:24 PM
I would like to see some ground going. I know its lol, but how about some ground lovin. I have offered to help serveral times.
Doc of Hammer
Empire Veteran
# 5
08-12-2013, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skurf View Post
Nice. Although, it would be a lot nicer if I understood the structure and rules of the tourney.
The format is very familiar to the one you folk won!

The only difference is that in this afterwards you received + 1 allocation point to spend on the system you win + rewards listed. Oh and of course you take control of the system on the Campaign map too!!!

Sooner to the release all the rules will be hosted in the interface in a friendly help section.

If you navigate to the this folder some of the more in depth concepts of territory control are covered.

The tournaments Livin is formatting but they will be very similar to what you are all familiar with.

At the end of each tournament, the winners get to browse to the system where the tournament took place allocate their point, see their name in bright lights on the Leaderboards and party like it was 2409! Once the system is up and running fleets will be able to challenge each other directly via the app.

Last edited by drkfrontiers; 08-12-2013 at 02:32 PM.
Captain
# 6
08-12-2013, 02:37 PM
That's so cool!

Thanks Cryptic!
Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Empire Veteran
# 7
08-12-2013, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdoc View Post
I would like to see some ground going. I know its lol, but how about some ground lovin. I have offered to help serveral times.
There will be plenty of ground! Planetary Defenses are the last defence that must fall before the system is considered captured!

The idea is to allow for unlimited warfare but managed proportionately to ensure "reasonable fairness and fun" for all!

By proportionately I mean:

- Factions and their restrictions are clearly defined.
- Consoles may be use on the ships that they can on except all reputation gear/ fleet gear.

Last edited by drkfrontiers; 08-12-2013 at 02:46 PM.
Captain
# 8
08-12-2013, 02:46 PM
Oh my, that is fancy stuff!

Sounds good
Captain
# 9
08-12-2013, 02:49 PM
Have to say thanks to drkfrontiers for working on this (as well as others working with him), to the folks that have shown the project some love in spreading the word, and to Cryptic for taking notice...

...this is definitely an opportunity for a form of hybrid growth of PvP, an opportunity for Cryptic to see folks are more than just words, and an opportunity...to have fun.
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder
Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethaen, M.Qin - Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba
Empire Veteran
# 10
08-12-2013, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thay8472 View Post
This a space only thing? As the ground bootcamp... stopped?
See related post matey! There will be plenty of Shanty Town, etc to keep the ground enthusiast busy.

My advice to the Space heavy crowd. Start recruiting your ground assault teams pronto!!

We could ill afford another mirror universe incident

Last edited by drkfrontiers; 08-12-2013 at 02:55 PM.