the risian ships is allowed? i don't have any fleet ships ...
Yes, but only for Federation faction players. I believe that anyone though can eventually unlock the ability to fly any 'lockbox' ship though, including the Risian Corvette. (Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, Drk)
However, you cannot fly a fleet ship at the start. Only the various free or C-store ships (depending on what faction you join of course). Eg, no fleet defiants, no fleet B'rels, etc. That has to be unlocked by a team.
I admit, I was the one who came up with the Mirror Universe faction, figuring it would be a wise choice to add in to allow a lot more people a realistic entrance because they could enter this by using a very cheap Mirror Universe ship. And also isn't faction restricted to help ease that a bit more.
I also hope that the 'smaller factions', eg, the Dominion or Tholians, help people come up with some more unique set-ups. Like I was thinking earlier about a pure Dominion team...
2 Galors - Focused healers - Good amount of sci consoles and such, good turn to make it easy to SNB and such with.
2 Bugs or JHECs, or 1 of each, possibly a Chel Grett - Damage dealers. Maybe a bit of support, but pretty much all for the damage
1 J-Dread - Support/Healer - Big, lumbering beast, purely there to support all the puny ships around it. The Cmdr tac means less healing, but you can toss out a nice APD 3 for example.
I think the interesting challenge from trying to make it work will be a good thing. Like most Dominion ships (Jem'hader, Galor, and Chel Grett that is) are pretty tac-heavy. So they have a lot of fire power, but be more difficult to support each other.
On the other end, say...a pure Fed team could use...
A Vesta, a Wells, 2 Defiants, and an Ambassador (just randomly picked off the top of my head). Two primary damage dealers, two sci ships, and a cruiser. A mixed team with no major focus, but no major weaknesses.
Sure, Romulans have lots of cloaking ships, but they have a lot of firepower and singularity abilities, but not really a lot of zippy, quick moving ships. Most of theirs are big and slow if you want to fly them. But you would HAVE to field a full team of Romulans if you wanted to play Romulans, at least at the start of course.
When ready they will be made available to the community. Its quite simple really. Players can participate if they want to.
To rules that are confirmed are:
1.) Ships can be flown as defined by the factions. Check the above link.
2.) Consoles can be equipped and used on the ships native to them
3.) Use of certain items are restricted in their frequency and limited depending on the upgrade to that system. This is basically the building of the system. Its not much fun if you throw the freight-train through the door from the get go.
Drk is currently working on the full ruling system for the Territory Control System, that I'll then take and turn into a full interactive map system with tonnes of extra bit and pieces
Second is Leaderboards.
This system is nearing completion. Basically we can create any leaderboard we wish, there is always a Standard Leaderboard for the Classes of Play Novice, Advanced and Veteran. There will be other leaderboards including a Shuttle Derby, Team v Team shuttle matches and others as well. Some of the features of this are:
- Teams - Create your own team, join an existing team
- Matches - Challenge anyone in your class in any leaderboard to a match, a referee is then appointed to oversee the match and will take a screenshot of the result page. The screenshot is then uploaded and we put your individual Dmg, Healing, Kills, Deaths and such in and it calculates a score for you. This is added to the teams overall score for the month.
- Awards - Awards are recognition of a teams efforts in the leaderboards or in any of our PvP Events and are displayed on the team profile page. In addition, everyone in that team will have the award show on their personal profile page.
- Lineups - for each match you specify a lineup for who out of your team is going to take part and what char.
- Team Ranks - Team Leaders can set team ranks in the team admin area, meaning you can have more than one Team Leader, responsible for lineups and challenges, a TC Admin for adminsitrating the teams Territory Control challenges and campaign or Just a regular Team Member.
- Members - Each member can add full details of any or all of their chars into our system, each specifying, Career, Faction, Gender, Role, Ship, Build, Traits, Territory control Faction, Race, an image of your char and bio.
This is what we'll be starting the leaderboards system off with, as we come up with more features, we'll add them and post about the changes.
Ruling-wise, for the standard leaderboard system there are going to be no rules other than no cheats/hacks. I don't care if it's nothing more than a combat damage parser, or functions the same as a script program. If you're caught using it you and your team are automatically disqualified from the Leaderboard, therefore making the whole team lose out to a possible 1250Zen.
The other leaderboards will have their individual rulings as per their design. i.e. turning up in a Peghqu' Heavy Destroyer in a shuttle match is just stupid. But if a leaderboard also calls for While Tier 5 gear only for fun, then dont argue, you and your team can choose to enter that leaderboard if your wish.
Hope this clears a few things up and gets you guys looking forward to our new projects
PvP Boot Camp Coach
Vice Admiral of Forum Administration